Structures +

AngrySaltire

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, duke_cockhold said:
3 hours ago, Lewiatan said:
So, they are going to copy someone's work, because they didn't feel like overhaul building system on their own. I hope the modder would be paid more than standard 4000 dollars per month when he is the part of official sponsore mods program.

Jesus this game has a whiney fan base

To be fair the majority of the fan base are happy and busy playing the game. This is just a loud minority 9_9

S+ will be a great addition! I have hoped for this for a while now!

17 minutes ago, GaaraXD said:

I’m more of a pve player so S+ is gonna make my world. I hated using  ceilings as foundations and it looking soooo bad. I’m tired of flying around looking at ugly bases ? maybe people will get creative now. 

How does moving structures matter when tame limits are hit on every PVE server in two months?  Saw today PS4 PVE server 33 hit tame limit. Game over. :/

I was just doing renovations on the main structure of my tribe this week. Well TRYING to do them. Good god I forgot how bad the building system is in this game. Hopefully S+ will be implemented some time this decade.

1 hour ago, ThzNutz said:

stay on topic and stop with the personal remarks....or else :Torpor:

:)

Can't help it...must...

Poster 1: It's no good, I can't snap it! 
ThzNutz: Stay on topic. 
Poster 2: We're building too close! 
ThzNutz: Stay on topic! 
Poster 1: [shouts] Loosen up! 

hqdefault.jpg

3 hours ago, Goaty said:

Just no... no no no 

Why not?  I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE the pull system.  You can already see what you're pulling from, and when you look at pulling for number of items, you could just make it pull from your own stuff.  Seriously. . . . why do you object to not having to spend 20 minutes unloading ore/wood/etc?

2 hours ago, flamron said:

How does moving structures matter when tame limits are hit on every PVE server in two months?  Saw today PS4 PVE server 33 hit tame limit. Game over. :/

Right?! Ark really needs to figure out a way to let people move their dinos and structures to a less populated server.

...oh wait.

1 hour ago, Scrysis said:

Why not?  I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE the pull system.  You can already see what you're pulling from, and when you look at pulling for number of items, you could just make it pull from your own stuff.  Seriously. . . . why do you object to not having to spend 20 minutes unloading ore/wood/etc?

I know right!  some people just do not want to have nice things lol 

Im glad they are adding this mod, but my question is, have the devs really being defeated by the building in this game to allow a mod to come in and basically do a massive overhaul and improve the feature 10 fold, i play both this and Exiles, Exiles had it pretty much spot on from the release of Alpha, all adding this mod has shown to me (well confirmed) is the devs are way out of their depth with this game and havent a clue what they are doing, either that or they are too dam lazy to fix their own game, which is a bloody shame!!

7 hours ago, Cataclisto said:

They said in the video that some stuff might be too op from structures+. Hopefully they branch the mod for pve(hopefully everything) and pvp(limited), basically having the gamemode decide what it adds. Then have a light mod adding in the rest of the content for the people that want everything else on unofficial servers.

They think pve and pvp are the same game type lol

33 minutes ago, WolfeUK said:

Im glad they are adding this mod, but my question is, have the devs really being defeated by the building in this game to allow a mod to come in and basically do a massive overhaul and improve the feature 10 fold, i play both this and Exiles, Exiles had it pretty much spot on from the release of Alpha, all adding this mod has shown to me (well confirmed) is the devs are way out of their depth with this game and havent a clue what they are doing, either that or they are too dam lazy to fix their own game, which is a bloody shame!!

Many parts of a surprising number of games are farmed out to other entities for development, SE is a good example of this within ARK.  However they have chosen to implement a program that funnels that opportunity (and associated funds) towards it's own modding community.  This presents those folks with an amazing opportunity, and allows the player base to interact with developing features to a degree unmatched by other gaming companies, helping to ensure that the game is fine tuned over time in a direction that is proving popular and useful... freeing the development team to work on sorting out a multitude of other issues.

You are perfectly within your rights to call it lazy development, but I think a strong case can be made to call it an example of working smarter by sharing the development load with people who are delighted to take it on.

8 hours ago, Scrysis said:

It's way too op and pretty much just ignores the weight system. Devs might as well give infinite weight stat.

6 hours ago, WolfeUK said:

Go make your own bicycle! Ow...you need to go through all the R&D stages and you need to go to work in the morning? Ow...too bad! Your just  lazy to fix your own bicycle!

Point is, why take dev time that can be used for improving other aspects of the game and spend it on something someone else done already and it works? It's easier to buy it.

5 hours ago, FeyGriffin said:

Really good news that S+ is coming - hope they include the glass tier stuff - it's not OP given that it costs quite a lot, and will allow some really nice builds, particularly on PvE

I already can see troll-walls completely invisible everywhere on the map. You thought pillars were annoying? Hah!

20 hours ago, AngrySaltire said:

Structures plus coming to base game ! Hype especially for console ! Hopefully soon !

I think this is a good move for the game, I just hope they implement it well. Some things in S+ are kind of game breaking and do not suit the vanilla game. But if they just take the helpful building elements and things that look tidy then i'm all for it. Lot of good things coming for Ark, exciting times indeed. 

10 minutes ago, Joanna said:

I really hope WC don't mess it up, S+ is a fantastic mod.

I'm also interested to know what will happen to the conversion from Mod to official game. If they are only taking on certain features of the mod an adding it to the vanilla game then will people need to remove S+ and build with the "new" official S+ stuff. And will S+ continue as a standalone mod after with the features that they decide not to bring to vanilla game. I guess time will tell.

I'm also interested to know what will happen to the conversion from Mod to official game. If they are only taking on certain features of the mod an adding it to the vanilla game then will people need to remove S+ and build with the "new" official S+ stuff. And will S+ continue as a standalone mod after with the features that they decide not to bring to vanilla game. I guess time will tell.
See you next time on....

Archived