Structures +

AngrySaltire

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Lewiatan said:

So, they are going to copy someone's work, because they didn't feel like overhaul building system on their own. I hope the modder would be paid more than standard 4000 dollars per month when he is the part of official sponsore mods program.

4000 a month!, thats a pretty decent wage for playing videogames all day

12 minutes ago, Lewiatan said:

He did them huge favour allowing to integrade his mod to official game, so he ought to be paid more than standard sponsored mod.

your on the wrong track m8... im a modder, all my buddies are modders. one of the best thing that can happen is the game wanting to incorporate your mods into the game, am sure he'll now be doing ok for himself but $800 a week is more than adequate wage for a guy whos only work has been realigning snap points and editing some meshs, he never even needed to make the models or textures

4000$ a month is split among all modders people. Jesus Mother Christ get your facts straight. 

And stop jumping on every new wagon hype train they feed you. We have zero raptoring idea what S+ things are making a transition to officials. It's clear its not all of them.

Everyone knew it was going to happen, but because Aberration was delayed they had to feed you a candy and like a kid, you instantly forgot you got tricked.

They said in the video that some stuff might be too op from structures+. Hopefully they branch the mod for pve(hopefully everything) and pvp(limited), basically having the gamemode decide what it adds. Then have a light mod adding in the rest of the content for the people that want everything else on unofficial servers.

1 minute ago, Cataclisto said:

They said in the video that some stuff might be too op from structures+. Hopefully they branch the mod for pve(hopefully everything) and pvp(limited), basically having the gamemode decide what it adds. Then have a light mod adding in the rest of the content for the people that want everything else on unofficial servers.

My friend you have way too much expectations from them.

I would he happy if they add the multi-angle snap points, the hidden electrical/pipes, the triangle structures and the proper pillar and walls, ceilings heights. 

What probably will be included:

structures and their snap points - triangles, maybe transforming ramps to ladders, halfwalls, double doors etc.

hitching posts for dinos

What is unlikely to be included or will be modified and/or reduced in range:

resource pull

demo/mod guns

What most likely wont make it into official game:

everything that automates gameplay - gardeners, hatchery, nanny etc.

12 minutes ago, powerstuck said:

And stop jumping on every new wagon hype train they feed you. We have zero raptoring idea what S+ things are making a transition to officials. It's clear its not all of them.

Everyone knew it was going to happen, but because Aberration was delayed they had to feed you a candy and like a kid, you instantly forgot you got tricked.

Whats wrong with jumping on a hype train ;) Am hoping the very basics of S+ make it through that would make building bearable at least, especially on console. Cant see thing like the pull system which would be awesome or the  pick up option which would be great aswell making it to the intergrated version.

Honestly as cool as Aberation looks, I am much more excited by the addition of S+ (what ever form it takes) to the base game than I am for Aberation. Certainly didnt need to give me the S+ candy to make me forget about Aberation delay. 

3 minutes ago, DarthaNyan said:

structures and their snap points - triangles, maybe transforming ramps to ladders, halfwalls, double doors etc.

hitching posts for dinos

resource pull

demo/mod guns

It sounded like server owners will be able to customize what they want from s+ so they might be able to use everything in the mod. But it will likely be limited for official servers.

28 minutes ago, DarthaNyan said:

hitching posts for dinos

resource pull

demo/mod guns

S+ follows the ark gameplay theme of "everything requires fuel" so i could see some of the gardener, or farmer type builds making it in. I personally feel those items are a bit imbalanced as to the fuel that they require but its a possibility.

also if it really was just pick up items and corner structures i dont think they would bring in the mod. I'd be surprised if pulling didn't make it.

2 hours ago, Lewiatan said:

So, they are going to copy someone's work, because they didn't feel like overhaul building system on their own. I hope the modder would be paid more than standard 4000 dollars per month when he is the part of official sponsore mods program.

Ignoramus, they aren't copying anything they have talked to the mod developer and are integrating it into the game with their permission

Archived