Aberration Livestream Today

Grave

Just a few bullet points of the most important things Jat and Jen just said on stream:

• Aberration delayed (by a few weeks)
  • More skins for season pass holders
  • Collector's Editions without game (!) for 69.99 $
  • Another Rag expansion (desert area)
  • Next official 'mod' (different this time, no new map, will be integrated into main game): Structures + 
  • And finally, Evo++ event this weekend! :)

Feel free to add more in comments!

Aberration details:

Spoiler

They showed 'aberrant' Parasaurs with markings that basically glow in the dark (all creatures apparently have these markings)

Light pugs necessary on the map (like jerboas on SE), make 'charge' which is important in Aberration

No flying on this map

Creatures attack you without lightsource

Trench area for Rock Drakes (like Wyvern Trench in SE)

2 minutes ago, Maelikki said:

Just a few bullet points of the most important things Jat and Jen just said on stream:

• Aberration delayed (by a few weeks)
  • More skins for season pass holders ('Pug hat')
  • Collector's Editions without game (!) for 69.99 $
  • Another Rag expansion (desert area)
  • Next official mod (different this time, no new map): Structures + 

Feel free to add more in comments!

S+ will be integrated to the main game as official ARK building system.

8 minutes ago, AngrySaltire said:

Was hoping that there would be an anouncement for a potential Fear Evolved Event for this year

Yeah I remember how last year went Jat and Jen went to china to pick up a trophy so they didn't launch the vampire and werewolf addition to Fear Evolved.

Follow it up by saying they would launch it at a later event, well now looks like later meant years and event meant multipliers added to the server settings, this is not unexpected but it sure is a great example of how the devolopment team keeps their word.

49 minutes ago, Marcchillin said:

Yeah I remember how last year went Jat and Jen went to china to pick up a trophy so they didn't launch the vampire and werewolf addition to Fear Evolved.

Follow it up by saying they would launch it at a later event, well now looks like later meant years and event meant multipliers added to the server settings, this is not unexpected but it sure is a great example of how the devolopment team keeps their word.

That was Jeremy and Jessy. I don't think they would launch Fear Evolved this year. They are focued on Abberation development entirely. It's noticable, because they stopped improving core game since the release pretty much except for small things here and there.

14 minutes ago, LittleRedReaper said:

I don't know if I understand this right from the stream, but you can't transfer dinos back and forth? Or is there a period of time like on scorched? Or is it just base dinos you can't transfer. They worded it very oddly.

From the sounds of it they are making aberration completely secluded from the other maps so all the creatures will only be usable on aberration ARKs. No ingoing or outgoing to any other maps

18 minutes ago, LittleRedReaper said:

I don't know if I understand this right from the stream, but you can't transfer dinos back and forth? Or is there a period of time like on scorched? Or is it just base dinos you can't transfer. They worded it very oddly.

i think they said aberration creatures are able to be xferred back and forth

17 minutes ago, LittleRedReaper said:

there was raptors parasaurs and spinos ect... i would have expected all new dinos with no island dinos to make it a new alien world... i did hear them saying no flyers at all so u can transfer land dinos

1 hour ago, Rickyh24 said:

“Some weeks” lmao 

Some means an unspecified amount or number of so pretty much he was told to say they don't know if it will meet the October deadline or not. I bet it was scheduled to release this weekend and instead they decided to demo it at twitch con to get feedback and to see if there are any more things they need to improve. while yes its disappointing I'm glad they at least said we will some it all up and get a date for you guys after twitch con which makes me feel better than them just saying we are delaying it and no other info.

Archived