Servers Not Pillared?

Dirkly

On ‎10‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 1:51 AM, Dirkly said:

Are there any servers that aren't pillared? I haven't seen any yet. 

I can see the frustration that this would cause in PVE, my recommendation is to play on a PVP server where these kinds of actions can be rectified (through c4, rockets, etc...), or just do your best to find a flying tame and scout for an area where they haven't pillared everything. Luckily it's only a 12 hour decay so if you play your cards right you can camp a good spot and hope that they forget to render them in.

I would hold out for rented servers if you want to avoid that. They won't have the pillar issue. At least not if they have decent admins. I know I plan to keep our PVE server free of such silliness. That is as soon as they get the patch out and I can actually access my pre-ordered server I woke up at 4am to get. Sorry I shouldn't assume you're on console just cause I play on my Xbox despite owning it on both. lol

On 10/23/2017 at 12:54 PM, Panatheous said:

I can see the frustration that this would cause in PVE, my recommendation is to play on a PVP server where these kinds of actions can be rectified (through c4, rockets, etc...), or just do your best to find a flying tame and scout for an area where they haven't pillared everything. Luckily it's only a 12 hour decay so if you play your cards right you can camp a good spot and hope that they forget to render them in.

All it takes is to attach a wooden ladder to the pillar to give it the full structure auto-decay timer.

or placing two foundations... Y'all PVE players really are gluttons for punishment...
The pain is how we know we're alive...

Seriously though, while the two foundations will get you the full autodecay it also blocks resources and dino spawns which the pillar/ladder combo does not.

Since I'd argue protecting resource/dino spawns is one of the few legitimate reasons to pillar, using foundations defeats the purpose.

2 minutes ago, Jaric said:

The pain is how we know we're alive...

Seriously though, while the two foundations will get you the full autodecay it also blocks resources and dino spawns which the pillar/ladder combo does not.

Since I'd argue protecting resource/dino spawns is one of the few legitimate reasons to pillar, using foundations defeats the purpose.

I just play PVP and blow up bases that are blocking resource and dino spawns. Honestly Ark feels most natural to me in PVP. I can see why PVE is appealing, especially because of mega tribes and jerk alpha tribes on your server, but at the end of the day, PVP feels more natural.

I just play PVP and blow up bases that are blocking resource and dino spawns. Honestly Ark feels most natural to me in PVP. I can see why PVE is appealing, especially because of mega tribes and jerk alpha tribes on your server, but at the end of the day, PVP feels more natural.
Yeah there are times I wish I could C4 the heck out of structures.

Then I remember I can leave my base to do something and have a reasonable expectation it will be there when I come back. Not to mention one of my favorite things to do is build stuff, can't really be building huge structures with monsters lurking.

On 10/23/2017 at 9:24 AM, bronxxx said:

Everyone wants to reserve a location for further building, by now the only way to do that is placing pillars. However some people are placing pillars just everywhere - hopefully this gets limited soon.

LOL..... Place pillars for further building.  On my server, the whole map is almost pillared and they sell land to the biggest bidder.  This is such a major problem.  First come first served, delete all pillars they should!

2 hours ago, Panatheous said:

I played PvP for a LONG time on both PC and Xbox.  It is pointless if you are a solo player like me.  Trust me.... I hate having to play on PvE.  It really does take the appeal as you stated.  But PvP just leads to people taking everything I have every night.  A few times I got protection from certain tribes but that only lasts so long.  I had so many guns to protect myself but that dont stop some Gigas running at the base.  

One time, I really felt safe as I actually found a "cool" server.  The alpha tribe seemed to really lay down the law and almost role-played on the server.  Well, one day he declared he got bored and WIPED EVERYONE!  Big, little....didn't matter.  Destroyed everything just because. 

PvP is not an option for solo players in Ark.

3 hours ago, Panatheous said:

or placing two foundations... Y'all PVE players really are gluttons for punishment...

Yea, one of the reasons I play on PvP servers.

Douchebags are really the problem though, all-around. On PvE, you have ppl who just either tame right up to cap, or "claim" everything and do nothing with it.

On PvP, you have the wide variety of players with that.

And with the last patch, you now poop every 5 minutes, and human feces has almost a 2 hour spoiling time now up from 40ish minutes. You can't cage the douches on PvP anymore, and WCS isn't doing a thing bout the douches on PvE.

16 hours ago, AlphaThreat said:

I played PvP for a LONG time on both PC and Xbox.  It is pointless if you are a solo player like me.  Trust me.... I hate having to play on PvE.  It really does take the appeal as you stated.  But PvP just leads to people taking everything I have every night.  A few times I got protection from certain tribes but that only lasts so long.  I had so many guns to protect myself but that dont stop some Gigas running at the base.  

One time, I really felt safe as I actually found a "cool" server.  The alpha tribe seemed to really lay down the law and almost role-played on the server.  Well, one day he declared he got bored and WIPED EVERYONE!  Big, little....didn't matter.  Destroyed everything just because. 

PvP is not an option for solo players in Ark.

That is a sad reality, I know my tribe won't let anyone, big or small, build anywhere near us just due to the issues that arise when players start getting turrets and claiming areas for their own. I wish there could be a shift in PvPs meta, but if you don't get with a group, build hard and build fast, then you likely just get your base wiped whenever your offline.

15 hours ago, Frogspoison said:

Yea, one of the reasons I play on PvP servers.

Douchebags are really the problem though, all-around. On PvE, you have ppl who just either tame right up to cap, or "claim" everything and do nothing with it.

On PvP, you have the wide variety of players with that.

And with the last patch, you now poop every 5 minutes, and human feces has almost a 2 hour spoiling time now up from 40ish minutes. You can't cage the douches on PvP anymore, and WCS isn't doing a thing bout the douches on PvE.

PvE has it's upsides, but there isn't much that can be done to balance the servers other than constant GM/Admin/Dev intervention.

As far as PvP goes though I really like the being able to consume your poop while being chained down thing. It makes so that you can sit there and monitor people instead of them being able to log in and out until they get glitched out of a cage or out of whatever prison you have them in. I can pull poops off of someone and feed them food to heal them, and now I can prevent them from glitching in and out  of buildings too!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived