Sign in to follow this  
HeatherJo

Lag, Disconnects and Crashes

On our server at least EU 63 RAG lag, dc’ng and crashes, or dashboarding, have become out of control.  I fell bad now for complaining for so long when we would disconnect a few times a week back in the day, but with every new update this problem gets much worse.  On our server now disconnecting 20 + Times a day is the norm for most and some even upwards of 50+ times a day.  This is disconnecting, or crashing and being sent to main Xbox screen.  Also lag is well lol, I hate to even complain about as so many do but really it’s absolutly crazy.  And it seems like certain areas of the map are triggers or hotspots that are guaranteed to crash your game.  As we have been hoping for sometime maybe this will get better instead of becoming increasingly worse as generally the only time most die or lose gear is because of this issue. 

Edited by HeatherJo
  • Like 1

Just when you thought it couldn’t get any worse right after their little announcement our server crashed, kicked everyone now the lag is the worse I have ever seen in 2 years and most people we know can’t even stay connected to the game once they get it it kicks them immeadiately.  It would be wonderful if they actually invested time and resources into fixing the game instead of coming out with new content.  

• Like 2

I just posted this in the Lagnarok forums:

All Xbox Lagnarok servers are super super laggy atm. Unplayable for some people. Its just constant lag and disconnects. Whole server has crashed about 7-8 times in the last few hours, lost babies, not happy. Bred my Mammoths (takes 8 hours) and set an alarm for 7 and a half hours only to get on and find there is still 2 and a half hours to go rather than 30 mins THATS how much its lagging. Its not just me but everyone on our server which is official pvp new servers and others I have spoken to from other Lagnarok servers. Our Island server is no where near this bad but you are kind of forced to play on scorched as it has all the scorched stuff as well as the only place you can get Ice Wyverns and Griffins.

Great map but im sorry to say this is completely unacceptable and something needs to be done asap and in reality should not have been released the way it is now. This is the worst the game has ever lagged since release and even worse than when I used to play online game on a 56k modem.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I hope you all realize that, despite the complaints, Ragnarok is still a WIP map. It isn’t finished. Just find a hill that you can sink into and see the “bottom of the world.” These problems will be more legit when they fully release it. Seeing as I haven’t had a lot of these problems on the Island, Center, or Scorched, I HOPE they are fixed when Rag is completed. 

2 hours ago, Stagedatum said:

I hope you all realize that, despite the complaints, Ragnarok is still a WIP map. It isn’t finished. Just find a hill that you can sink into and see the “bottom of the world.” These problems will be more legit when they fully release it. Seeing as I haven’t had a lot of these problems on the Island, Center, or Scorched, I HOPE they are fixed when Rag is completed. 

Lol just like we heard for years “ark is just a pre release it isn’t finished yet”.  And Then they realease a half finished map hahah.  Sorry those excuses don’t fly anymore with us.  Fix your game then when it’s ready for Release release it and take responsibility for it.  Otherwise they can say forever oh sorry it’s not finished yet, you all should expect problems.  Nope this is a full release of an unfished broke product plain and simple no excuses.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm on an official server and I swear me an the rest of the server will disconnect 10-20 times a day. Is there going to be a fix for all the lag at all? My tribe alone lost 4 wyvren in the scar due to lay this weekend trying to get milk. This is nuts it's full game and we have more issues now then we did prelaunch.

I don't know if it's every server but NA for Ragnarok is garbage. It's driven people from the server it's so bad. People crash from the server multiple times a day and almost every few minutes, there is a large lag spike. Can't even run the golem cave because it lags you and drops you in lava every time. Please take this into consideration.

Edited by BloomisBoss

11 hours ago, BloomisBoss said:

I don't know if it's every server but NA 248 for Ragnarok is garbage. It's driven people from the server it's so bad. People crash from the server multiple times a day and almost every few minutes, there is a large lag spike. Can't even run the golem cave because it lags you and drops you in lava every time. Please take this into consideration.

I wish this was just 248 server having this problem but my server and 2 others I visited had the exact same issue, Lagnalot needs fixed  maybe Microsoft can help. 

7 hours ago, Captnmorgan said:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSd8Xn6z_RP7fxGgH_86VZAKDzqmbDboanrC51GSpr_1v9_PLA/viewform

If you have not done so already you can fill out a server outage report. This is the fastest way to get the info to the developers. fyi.

Yes unfortunately if you read  it says ...

If you're experiencing issues with your servers, please click the link below. Please note that Customer Support WILL NOT be able to assist you with issues regarding server outages.

i guess submit it we have quite a few times to no avail. 

Ya, this seems to be a map specific issue. I can only hope the devs haven't hit a hardware cap with this map. I have been searching for about a week now for any defined response from WC about this issue and where they are in terms of resolving it, but to no avail, I can find nothing. I don't use twitter and I guess that's where they've been posting any relevant info, but even pawing through that, all I can find is vague mention that the issue is known about. Great, you acknowledge the issue, so where is WC on fixing it? Be great if WC spent just a few more of our dollars towards the forums and addressing and taking ownership of the most pressing issues. The terrain issues, the dinos falling through terrain, etc etc, can be understood as WIP, but the massive amount of 10-45 sec lag outs it's getting a bit out of hand, then add frequent disconnects, the game is nigh unplayable.

Most people here aren't giving any relevant info so here's my occurances for the past couple weeks (increasing in severity and frequency up til today):

NA Official Xbox Ragnarok Server #247

3 local friends playing together all experienced near identical circumstances, sometimes simultaneously, sometimes not

Spent early days along coast lines between red and blue obelisk, building up boats and such, disconnects happened 2-3 times/6-8 hour session. Lag outs tend to come in sets of 2, the first lasting longer than the first in most cases, each lasting between 10-45 secs. After a crash its roughly 50/50 whether the game will re-boot upon attempt to join server, or give error message on server select screen saying the survivor is already connected, prompting 1-3 restarts of the software.

As time has past we have moved into the redwood biome and haven't left the area much (edged into winter zone, seems to happen there just the same). The disconnects have increased to anywhere from 5-20 disconnects/day and lag outs happen about every 5-10 minutes, sometimes much sooner. Occasionally, the lag out overlap, resulting in 3-4 minutes of near continuous lag.

This lag makes advancing impossible, and already dangerous situations are now too high a gamble and I've lost a lot of time due to these issues, can't keep justifying the time in if they dev team can't even communicate what's going on. It's really annoying to be walking along, doode-doode-doo, and you suddenly snap back and due to a change in direction you suddenly walk off a cliff, dying of course. Now my mission/task is scrapped, gotta figure out how to get back to my stuff....

Silence will speak just as loudly as words. Hope this account of the issue sheds some light on what is going on so you can rectify it asap for us. I WILL NOT buy Abberation when it launches if ragnarok is not complete and does not suffer such intense lag and disconnects.

Here's a thought, livestream a member of the dev team playing on xbox attempting to play Lagnarok, as it has been so cleverly dubbed, and count the number of lags/hour.

Thanks for reading, sorry about the wall of text, but just saying this sucks doesn't cut it.

On 10/26/2017 at 12:11 AM, Captnmorgan said:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSd8Xn6z_RP7fxGgH_86VZAKDzqmbDboanrC51GSpr_1v9_PLA/viewform

If you have not done so already you can fill out a server outage report. This is the fastest way to get the info to the developers. fyi.

Servers being down is not the problem here. Servers are up (mostly) but the lag and disconections are the problem with Lagnarok servers.

Heard forever before the release of game that they were working on the lag issue. 

Just because you start servers over and everyone starts from the beginning so there is no lag does not constitute fixing the issue. As more dinos are tamed and more player buildings erected, the lag is becoming worse. Many people stopped playing this game because of this issue, so instead of bringing out new dinos and releasing new items, why don't you try to fix what you have going now. You are producing a horrible gaming experience for new and old players. I don't care if you have 400 new dinos on the map, does absolutely no good to me if I can not play the game due to lag and disconnects. I left and came back hoping it was fixed, guess it was only wishful thinking on my part.

Very disappointed player ?

Once again the devs don't care about the players and ragnorak kicks people every 5 minutes, I'm probably going to make a youtube video showing hours of just nothing happening and lag and maybe then the devs will do something, because this is just dumb, we have 30 plus people submit tickets everyday and still nothing, why even make the forums and ticket pages if they are just simply ignored?

I know this is an old post but when searching for the problem I am having, this post describes it perfectly. Ragnarok map and getting disconnected every 5 to 10 minutes. Is there a fix for this yet or something I can do. Contacted support and they told me its my game download that something is wrong with it and that I should try reinstalling it but me and 2 other players on my server with Nitrado are having the same issue and all getting booted back to dashboard. Any advice would be grateful. I don't believe its my downloaded game because I don't have this problem when I am on the island in an official server. Xbox player.

Edited by PoeticChaoss

Valguero524 constant lagging and disconnects all morning, I don't think I have played a game that suffers so badly, and for so long with this

Not on just this server, it's been an on and off thing since I started playing, shame as it's actually quite important to have a stable server with taming and combat with big enemies and all..