Fevee

Therizinosaurus way overpowered

Way too powerful, way too aggressive. And the stinkin' thing is just an herbivore?!

With a name that's too complicated to pronounce at a glance, I dub these things "evil birds". I used to consider Troodons the bane of my existence, but now that title belongs to another.  Seriously, what's with those things? They just show up out of nowhere, kill everything you have, and they don't even bother to eat any of it. (Willful destruction of game) And with everything you have fighting back, it's like Neo vs 1,000 Smiths; they couldn't touch him.

Especially to low-level players, those things are a menace. I see one around and I'm like "DROP EVERYTHING! PROXIMITY ALERT! BEEEDOOOOBEEEDOOOBEEEDOOO!"

Playing a new game in The Center, one of those things started wandering towards the ramshackle I'm trying to call my home. With a Dilophosaur set to turret mode, and mounted on my Triceratops, and a Dodo and Pteranadon offering moral support from aside, I try to bite the bullet and hope we can handle it. First hoping I can get it to follow me down a cliff so Dilo can spit from above, Evil Bird decides it wants to kill him first. And it does so, Dilo -set to aggressive mode- doesn't so much as gurgle any venom in defense. (Apparently, turret mode means "give up on life and let them kill you") Now, time to skewer it with my Triceratops, I'm not seeing a speck of blood on it, whilst we are starting to see bright lights at the end of the tunnel. Finally dying, I respawn on the beach, rush back up to find my mount's dead corpse, and Evil Bird trotting around like he owns the place. I try to call my winged bystanders so that we can slink away and start a new life somewhere else, when my guest decided he's offended by that, and kills them both as well. Trying to manually direct where the Pteranadon should fly, it doesn't go anywhere while Evil Bird rapes the rest of the survivors.

That thing is the bane of low-level players. Even my higher-level player on my original Island game cannot survive a direct confrontation; I have to hide behind a spike wall mounted to a raft, and stab for ten minutes ... and I still barely make it. There is no coping with those monsters, they need some serious reconsideration. Either power or aggression check, I'm tired of those things claiming everything I've worked hard to tame/build.

... At least make it so that wild creatures take fall damage. That way my house-by-the-cliff might have damaged Therizinosauri dropping in for a murder spree.

• Facepalm 3

As... dramatic, as your experience sounds, a therizinosaurus is pretty much the herbivore equivalent to a rex. It's territorial, yes, but has a lower aggro range than a carnivore and thus relatively easier to avoid. Trikes and dilos and even bigger birds like argents and even griffins don't stand a chance against its claws.

Anyways this is all part of the 'survival' aspect of the game, especially in the beginning. You die all the time in the most bizarre ways imaginable, and probably will lose your stuff multiple times. Get used to it, and welcome to Ark.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

It takes a really long time to berry tame a zino, the kibble for a zino is megalo, megalos are in caves,  caves need a good mount etc. They are a powerful tame and an earned one. They were already nerfed once. Avoid them, everyone does it, got killed by at least 50 in my first week on new servers. Adapt instead of trying to weaken one of the best tames in the game.

• Like 2

On 10/19/2017 at 5:56 PM, Fevee said:

Way too powerful, way too aggressive. And the stinkin' thing is just an herbivore?!

With a name that's too complicated to pronounce at a glance, I dub these things "evil birds". I used to consider Troodons the bane of my existence, but now that title belongs to another.  Seriously, what's with those things? They just show up out of nowhere, kill everything you have, and they don't even bother to eat any of it. (Willful destruction of game) And with everything you have fighting back, it's like Neo vs 1,000 Smiths; they couldn't touch him.

Especially to low-level players, those things are a menace. I see one around and I'm like "DROP EVERYTHING! PROXIMITY ALERT! BEEEDOOOOBEEEDOOOBEEEDOOO!"

Playing a new game in The Center, one of those things started wandering towards the ramshackle I'm trying to call my home. With a Dilophosaur set to turret mode, and mounted on my Triceratops, and a Dodo and Pteranadon offering moral support from aside, I try to bite the bullet and hope we can handle it. First hoping I can get it to follow me down a cliff so Dilo can spit from above, Evil Bird decides it wants to kill him first. And it does so, Dilo -set to aggressive mode- doesn't so much as gurgle any venom in defense. (Apparently, turret mode means "give up on life and let them kill you") Now, time to skewer it with my Triceratops, I'm not seeing a speck of blood on it, whilst we are starting to see bright lights at the end of the tunnel. Finally dying, I respawn on the beach, rush back up to find my mount's dead corpse, and Evil Bird trotting around like he owns the place. I try to call my winged bystanders so that we can slink away and start a new life somewhere else, when my guest decided he's offended by that, and kills them both as well. Trying to manually direct where the Pteranadon should fly, it doesn't go anywhere while Evil Bird rapes the rest of the survivors.

That thing is the bane of low-level players. Even my higher-level player on my original Island game cannot survive a direct confrontation; I have to hide behind a spike wall mounted to a raft, and stab for ten minutes ... and I still barely make it. There is no coping with those monsters, they need some serious reconsideration. Either power or aggression check, I'm tired of those things claiming everything I've worked hard to tame/build.

... At least make it so that wild creatures take fall damage. That way my house-by-the-cliff might have damaged Therizinosauri dropping in for a murder spree.

was funny and entertaining to read.. one killed some of our breeding Rex's. But tame one and use it as a mount? they are easy enough to tame. 

Avoiding a 12 foot tall chicken isn't overly difficult. They do a lot of damage but only aggro at close range. I've only ever been killed by one, one time, on foot after by base got wiped. Dilo spit blinds people but doesn't do a lot of damage, so if you want to use dilos to kill one your gonna need a couple dozen 150 tames and expect them to die. The best thing to do is to kite it away with a flyer and leave it alone. Helpful hint for troodons, have a torch on you as they stay out of its light radius at night. 

• Like 1

I can't exactly move my entire house everytime one wanders by. And if they happen to drop in from off a cliff -too bad fall damage doesn't apply to wild dinos- then they've already somehow taken offense to your pets. Goodbye pets, it was nice knowing you.

DO NOT,

I REPEAT

DO NOT NERF MY CHICKEN ARMY OF DOOM™

Me and my girlfriend spent way to frigging long proving they're a valuable attempt for killing everything in this game from bosses to hapless new players!
If they get nerfed, I want a frigging personal achievement as compensation to retain our sanity.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

TLTR: Newplayer has problem with tickle chicken on The Center.

Wait when you will engage carnos, terror birds and allos. Or if they will do turkey event again. :D

I was hunting spinosails whole evening yesterday on The Center and saw that tickle chickens are actually spawning on beginning (spawn locations) which is kinda bad concept. I am also chicken blind sometimes  because they tend to hide (get stuck) behind rock and then spook me.

Edited by Meshi

My problem with them is the way aggression works in general. If they dont aggro on other wildlife that literally walks into them then dont raptoring kill my passive petra who was doing nothing but chilling. If they were just naturally aggressive then yes I wil completely avoid them but right now you see one and think "oh its fine, ill only land for a second" then the damn thing gets pissed for no good reason while you are looking the other direction. I feel op isnt the issue, just bad temper. Its like having a dude walk into you then getting mad that you are in his personal space lol.

On 2017-11-14 at 10:33 PM, Fevee said:

I can't exactly move my entire house everytime one wanders by. And if they happen to drop in from off a cliff -too bad fall damage doesn't apply to wild dinos- then they've already somehow taken offense to your pets. Goodbye pets, it was nice knowing you.

My advise to you, would be to build a cheap stone therizino trap nearby... when you see one, kite it into the trap and kill it with arrows, or even better you could tame it (toooons of narcotics tho)

First of all ARK is still a survival Game and not meant to be easy.

The Therizino is also a rather rare dino and spawns alone. Other creatures spawn in packs to gain their strengh and are in a group even stronger than the tickle chicken. There are allways mechanics to play around any danger. And if you cant find a way to play around the theri yet i would suggest to change your base location to a more newbie friendly environment.