Offline raid protection on official PVE

Fealthion

Am I the only one who wants this removed?

While I see the benefits in preventing some 'kiting' seeing dinos left out in the open, ridiculous single high walls in the middle of the desert (SE) and other things people would never have dreamt of doing when the maps were dangerous places just boils the blood...

Speaking of rage inducing things - please remove the insane 'run away' behaviour in wild dinos (funnily enough not affecting Pegob***ards) it makes hunting for meat crazy and a mockery of running through areas.

No to your first and second as that is what pvp is for. They have already reduced spoil timers for certain structures and animals despawn after 5 days I think if they're not in render distance. Our server on legacy was a lot happier place to be after the OLRP, a lot of miserable people left the server because they couldn't kite.

People who kite in PVE can't cope with PVP

The flee mechanic needs rethinking though. I can't understand why a Rex would leg it after 2 or 3 pokes in the sniffer.

Edit:

I never built walls, SE was always about the staggered metal pillars 3 high with golems on top, looked ridiculous but it got the job done.

As a solo PvEr back in the day of legacy, I dreamed of the day of ORP would be introduced and was overjoyed when they finally did add it to PvE. I am amazed it actually took them as long as it did to introduce the mechanic. No more alpha raptors or packs of allos randomly spawning in my base and murdering all my tames when I was offline. I could have done with ORP so much sooner, had problems when I first started back in the day with people kiting brontos to my base....

They should keep ORP on official PvE as we have enough problems with Ark, without having to worry of logging of and having your base and tames nuked when offline. In my opinion you should not be able to lose such things when there isnt someone online to protect your base and tames.

here is me telling people who wants ORP removed because of people building ridiculous things.

"dawg, get some patience real quick"

people leave eventually.

ORP is the lesser of 2 evils. I do see lesser reports and lesser trolls ruining people's base by kiting. now with the release of rare flower kiting is even easier than before.

also...

"learn2tame" use rare flower or a bunch of thatch walls. if you got wyvern its great from trapping things under its wings. tamed a horse that way.

Only played PVE for a day or two. Wasn't my cup of tea and decided to stay with PVP. But every time I heard about people kiting gigas and Titans into people's bases in PVE it pissed me off because it is the biggest cowards move. I used to wish all those kiters would be forced to come over to play with us PVP players, then they could see what their little tricks would get them. ?

Archived