Halloween Event?

hyde3378

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Volunteer Moderator
6 minutes ago, Jamage007 said:

Wow just wow. Missed out on the event last year because I played on The Center now im playing on Lagnarok im missing out again. This is BS.
We have an Island server (don't want one but pretty much forced too to do boss battles and Ascend) but our Rag is our main and im breeding and imprinting their. So I have to transfer to The Island between imprints to get any halloween loot.

Its seems everyday WC seems to find a new way to piss me off.

Ragnarok is still under heavy development as the map is not finished yet. I doubt the Rag devs have time to work on Halloween content for the map when they have so much else to do towards finishing the map.

Got to say, am dissapointed with this halloween event. No skeleton dinos and no dodorex/dodowyvern, only these abnormal spawns. Not to mention that the event is unplayable for single player or unofficial servers for xbox/PS4 so I cant play it anyway. These fear evolved events were my absolute favourite events in the past. Is a shame really :(

12 minutes ago, GP said:

Ragnarok is still under heavy development as the map is not finished yet. I doubt the Rag devs have time to work on Halloween content for the map when they have so much else to do towards finishing the map.

well i doubted that game devs have time to work on addons because theres so much bugs to fix but then theres an addon coming soon  ;)

so how should we understand this statement

41 minutes ago, GP said:

lol ^ This is a cop out defense for the devs as we are still waiting on the map to be finished with no real release date on last part. So GG, taking a few days to give us something beside skin drops for one of the most anticipated events of the year is too much?

It's my first halloween event and I like it. I don't like the long nights, but all the cave creatures on the surface (why no dung beetles though?) is a nice change. I have never seen the centipedes in such pretty colors (thanks daylight).

And the most important thing: megalodons on the surface! Got my taming raft, lured a low lvl one on the river beach in, tamed with prime meat. Easy. Now 2 more females and I'm in the high lvl therizino business. Then to Redwood taming some megalanias. Maybe a bat and a pretty centipede too.

And the nice skins you get from drops. I have fun.

How ironic is it that the game is now "fully" released, and yet its first holiday "event" is a complete and utter letdown.  Part of me wishes it had never left early access because the events were a million times better back when the game was still "unfinished".  Doesn't make sense, does it?  The game goes gold, and we get less content.

2 minutes ago, raydanjr said:

How ironic is it that the game is now "fully" released, and yet its first holiday "event" is a complete and utter letdown.  Part of me wishes it had never left early access because the events were a million times better back when the game was still "unfinished".  Doesn't make sense, does it?  The game goes gold, and we get less content.

lol heck yea, they have your money already. Why do they have to try?

Halloween Event: The Witches Curse! (48-hrs only, until November 1st)
- Black and orange spiders now spawn on the beaches
- Megalania, Titanoboa, Scorpions, Megalosaurus, Onyc, Arthropluera, and Spiders spawn points changed to various surface points around the map. The creepy crawlies are out to spook!
- Skins can now randomly spawn in level 3 supply drops.
- Quality of drops increased.
- Colder, longer nights and shorter days, brrr!

- Unofficals can enable the event by updating to the “-beta halloween” branch and the following ini settings: 

NightTimeSpeedScale=0.25
DayTimeSpeedScale=4.0

a NEW Game.ini ShooterGameMode setting (which makes it colder):
BaseTemperatureMultiplier = 0.475

7 minutes ago, Arkthritis said:

No single player event? I'm sorry your PvP servers are buggy toxic and not fun to play but you shouldn't screw over the people in single player. We paid money for your game and are being left out. If it wasn't for EA you would be the worst. So just straight up raptor you. Not a dime more for you. I've given you so many chances to correct your behavior. I even bought scorched earth. But now you can just go raptor yourselves. I hope you spend my money on hookers and get VD assholes.  And raptor the fanboys especially. Don't even respond because you're a nerdy ass fag and I don't give a raptor if you die, much less what you have to say. Your game is melting in the fire and I've never felt better. 

I've said it in the past, its for WC's bad practices that some other company will make another game learning from mistakes in business practice here to develop something better.  *cough* GoGo Bethesda *cough*

I loved the Fear Evolved screen when I logged on, I loved the different changes in the colors on the trees.  I loved when picking up graveyard stones you got that “mohuahahah” sound. Was priceless.

But it’s a lot of new skins we on official server have not seen before, like SoTf skins etc. And I love how the island is full of Megalanias and bats.

But I agree, there is no Halloween theme, where is the pumpkins, scarecrow, graveyard stones. This is what I was looking for to, to decorate my base ... But I have learned now, never expect anything from this game. It is what it is, and I dont want to use my energy anymore feeling let down about this.

And yeah I agree on that to, when the game was In EA it was more fun and it seems like the devs was more open to have more fun content. But now, it’s feels like a big void with new stuff / events.

I get it that you have a lot to do, but it’s better for all of us not to make a half event. When you have time make a real event. 

This is like eating a good cake without the sugar if you know what I mean.

Oh and side note, I waited 5 nights on the Dododex just to see him. He never showed up, is this a “bug again?”

2 hours ago, GP said:

So there's no Halloween event for Ragnarok for sure?  I just want to know so I can just go to bed and not worry about missing out on something...

2 minutes ago, Z0mbie said:

So there's no Halloween event for Ragnarok for sure?  I just want to know so I can just go to bed and not worry about missing out on something...

There is...sorta. It consists of skins and underground creatures spawning on the surface more. End of story, no dodo rex or anything good like that.

Just now, Velarius said:

Yep, nothing interesting thus far. Several in game days passage, just drops giving skins along with spiders, titanboas, and megalasaurus all over the surface.

ok...Thanks for the info... I'm more interested in the boosted loot drops and cosmetic changes... I already killed off the dodrex a few times last year so I'm not too concerned about that.

• Wildcard Community
21 minutes ago, FenTheReaper said:

Are the bone costumes in the drops?  I got screwed out of my bone wyvern last year.  Spent all week killing alpha wyverns, and out of the 20 I got to spawn only the last one was a skeletal.  It despawned halfway into the fight and an hour later the event ended.

Bone costumes are now unlocks tied to achievements. This means that you can acquire them all year round so long as you've completed the necessary achievement.

Archived