Halloween Event?

hyde3378

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, JP33 said:

That's the way I understood it .kinda bummed out it won't be on unofficial or single player.

Yeah doesnt sound good for those of us on dedicated or single player servers :( guessing it would be due to the fact that for that to happen we would need a major version update (client side ?) rather than what I am assuming will be a server side thing ( forgive me if what i said is complete rubbish, I am not the most computer litterate person lol). My best guess for that but I could be reading to far into this lol. I just want to enjoy the halloween event :)

17 hours ago, KingGalahad said:

Unofficial always seems to get the shaft in regards to these events.

Because unofficial would be cheating. Too many boosted servers out there. You could up the melee to where the dodorex would die in 1 pike hit. 

For singleplayer..get on multiplayer. This game sucks without  people. At least getting raided adds thrill and challenge. 

Why would they add those features to singleplayer? Are you gonna impress yourself with that mask? 

Plus..can you kill a DDR all by yourself?

• Volunteer Moderator
4 minutes ago, ASucculentSucc said:

Because unofficial would be cheating. Too many boosted servers out there. You could up the melee to where the dodorex would die in 1 pike hit. 

For singleplayer..get on multiplayer. This game sucks without  people. At least getting raided adds thrill and challenge. 

Why would they add those features to singleplayer? Are you gonna impress yourself with that mask? 

Unofficial would not be cheating because you are not getting an advantage over anyone else. What happens on an unofficial is restricted to unofficial. Claims that it is cheating is just a lack of understanding of what unofficial means.

46 minutes ago, ASucculentSucc said:

I've played online in a tribe before. I prefer singleplayer.

1 hour ago, ASucculentSucc said:

1: Because unofficial would be cheating. Too many boosted servers out there. You could up the melee to where the dodorex would die in 1 pike hit. 

2: For singleplayer..get on multiplayer. This game sucks without  people. At least getting raided adds thrill and challenge. 

3: Why would they add those features to singleplayer? Are you gonna impress yourself with that mask? 

1: Unofficial does what it wants to. And my server, for instance, is less of a grind as far as a timesink goes, but for the most part, nothing has been touched character-side (save weight)

2: There are mods for that, don't judge people because YOUR way of playing does not suit them

3: What does it matter to YOU? There are plenty of reasons to play SP, some just want a more relaxed environment

And yes, yes I can kill a DodoRex all by myself, your point?

2 hours ago, GP said:

Unofficial has never been shafted in regards to events. Every single event has always been on unofficial iirc.

By unofficial, I mean player dedicated on Xbox. So far, we have only gotten two events iirc (the turkey fiasco(which ended up lasting far longer than most would have liked), and a fear evolved, although it wasn't the full fear evolved. We were only able to make the pumpkins etc...)

3 hours ago, GP said:

Unofficial would not be cheating because you are not getting an advantage over anyone else. What happens on an unofficial is restricted to unofficial. Claims that it is cheating is just a lack of understanding of what unofficial means.

Yeah cheating was the wrong word. I meant to say unofficial lets you kill it  too easily for the bigrewards you can get from it. I know you're not gaining any advantage over people but it just feels like cheating the AI rather than people 

1 hour ago, Zederia said:

1: Unofficial does what it wants to. And my server, for instance, is less of a grind as far as a timesink goes, but for the most part, nothing has been touched character-side (save weight)

2: There are mods for that, don't judge people because YOUR way of playing does not suit them

3: What does it matter to YOU? There are plenty of reasons to play SP, some just want a more relaxed environment

And yes, yes I can kill a DodoRex all by myself, your point?

You have to admit that single player gets boring REAL fast. No people to fight or even talk to for that matter. I'm not a PVPer anyway, just like the option to be there. 

Almost every single person ive talked to on chat had come from SP at some point and left because it was boring. It's fun, sure. But eventually when you have the biggest base ever made on a huge mountain, nothing to do but kill Dinos on your max lvl gigs or quest is tiresome.

But I found something we can agree on..People (both PV E and P) are a toxic bunch of little you-know-whats.

• Wildcard Community
3 hours ago, GP said:

Unofficial has never been shafted in regards to events. Every single event has always been on unofficial iirc.

This is correct, barring Valentines (to which a command line was made known to the public), all events have automatically been activated for unofficial servers following a patch. 

5 hours ago, GP said:

The players that matter are getting the shaft. You know the ones with jobs and families. For example, you get home from work and have 2 to 4 hours. Then it's Halloween. Time to take the kid trick or treating. It's ok we all know some sort of fail is the reason we did not have a weekend event.

• Wildcard Community
10 minutes ago, KLST707 said:

The players that matter are getting the shaft. You know the ones with jobs and families. For example, you get home from work and have 2 to 4 hours. Then it's Halloween. Time to take the kid trick or treating. It's ok we all know some sort of fail is the reason we did not have a weekend event.

Respectfully, all players matter regardless of their social background. Be it the 9-5 family man or the single people with more free time and disposable income than they know what to do with, they are all of equal import to us.

Archived