Halloween Event?

hyde3378

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I jut got back into ark online and I've been playing for around a week now (after putting a couple hundred hours onto a solo server). 

Let me tell you what I've never died so much and lost so many tames to dumb poop. I can't tell you how many times I've been killed by bats spiders and centipedes.

I remember the days when you could walk on the beach anywhere around the map and be fine but now you can't walk any where without bat, spiders or centipedes jumping your ass. 

Devs lock the satin spawns back in the raptoring cave where they belong.  

I think by now many people have expressed their disappointment with this years events. I am really trying to figure out what would of been the challenge of adding things like the candy corn shaped drops and a few headstones and pumpkins this year? No Halloween music or backsplash at the loading page either. 

As for the decorations is it because of the new Ragnarok map not having set places for the decorations to appear? I am at a loss here and confused as what the major difficulty was in saving this event a little :/

P.S. Not even going to get into the lack of a Dodorex. 

6 hours ago, MoonyWoony said:

Hai other survivors, i just want to know if you share my opinion about this haloween event.

All we got this year is just shuw up of extreme lazyness, its more like they made game harder, because this is not any event. 

Such wow, cave dinos now walks everywhere, break our armors, kill us and our pteradons since megalos bites and never let go, makes us slower and just annoy us or we get random attacks from sky (rip new or low players) Than we got long nights just so their megalos even work properly and some coldness? such wow, our event is making game impossible to walk around.

Honsetly i atleast expected some double event or 3x as they did when they wanted see which servers are active and which should be removed but no, actually 2x ended with update showing up. Not sure why would i waste 2 hours with some megalo 150 lvl taming, its just dissappointing since this event atleast give some taming chances.

oh and, this time they didnt even take work with remodelling beacons, so all we get are just faster spawning beacons, hunted like 30 and best i got was 130% damage pump shotgun(such wow :/)

And if you dont believe this isnt uncreative lazy piece of crap, look at this video from last year. Because it was something amazing.

+ not main menu design change either, which always looks so cool...

I'm glad I'm not the only one that thinks this event is mildly souring the game 

3 minutes ago, CaptoBraunch said:

Not to mention, why isn't it over yet? Its well past 7pm, this is getting pathetic honestly, especially when we were promised NOON. I wouldn't be surprised if they raptored it up and cant figure out how to reverse it, so they just keep stalling

SERIOUSLY. We were promised this miserable event would be over a half hour ago! I would like to start trying to recoup all of my losses.... Happy effing Halloween!

I never understood why the events need to come as patches in the first place. Why not just implement them and then one could activate them if wanted. I feel like the current event is so lame because they didn't got around to implementing the real fear evolved.

Not the first event they screwed up. Remember the new years event that was timed for all other regions than US to end before it actually concluded? All because it's activated and deactivated by patches.

This is so much fun, going through the log to see what's been killed by onycs since the last time I played. Seriously I've lost a dozen pterodactyls, and several other dinos, some dead, some just scattered. The devs are a-holes for this Halloween crap. This, and the decomming of servers during launch have convinced me that the devs hate us. I for one am done playing. Hours of my life destroyed by a stupid bat. 

Once I read and heard in game that people are losing dinos to halloween stuff spawning inside their bases, I fed my dinos across 4 servers and then logged out. I havent logged back in since and hope ORP kicked in before anything died. Just waiting for a confirmation that the event ended so I can log back in and feed stuff. Thats how nice this event is.

4 minutes ago, gator2k13 said:

This is so much fun, going through the log to see what's been killed by onycs since the last time I played. Seriously I've lost a dozen pterodactyls, and several other dinos, some dead, some just scattered. The devs are a-holes for this Halloween crap. This, and the decomming of servers during launch have convinced me that the devs hate us. I for one am done playing. Hours of my life destroyed by a stupid bat. 

You might have heard this before: put your tames in fully enclosed dino pens. 

5 minutes ago, Moonie1 said:

Once I read and heard in game that people are losing dinos to halloween stuff spawning inside their bases, I fed my dinos across 4 servers and then logged out. I havent logged back in since and hope ORP kicked in before anything died. Just waiting for a confirmation that the event ended so I can log back in and feed stuff. Thats how nice this event is.

All of my losses were while I was offline. I wish you luck, my friend.

17 minutes ago, Tolem said:

Event is still on, hope it ends soon.  Some x2 till monday would make for a nice gift WC :)

Plus 1 here for a terrible Halloween event. Last years during the beta was awesome. Dodorex, pumpkins and gravestones etc, just another letdown again. Would like some 2x during the week also as some of us work 14 hour shifts on weekends and can't even make use of the weekend events. 

44 minutes ago, Seven777 said:

Plus 1 here for a terrible Halloween event. Last years during the beta was awesome. Dodorex, pumpkins and gravestones etc, just another letdown again. Would like some 2x during the week also as some of us work 14 hour shifts on weekends and can't even make use of the weekend events. 

Is it over?? I tried logging in and it was still happening.

Archived