Halloween Event?

hyde3378

I won't hesitate to admit; this years Fear Evolved is very lackluster. No DodoRex? The centerpiece that is everything Fear Evolved? Astonishing.

I will point out, however, that a lot of the dinos--at least the cave-dwellers--have unique colors. Titanoboas that are a striking yellow, onycs that are a stellar red-orange, and arthropleuras that are ebony with a red underbelly. Call me crazy, but I think some of these dinos have mutations. If not purely color mutations.

And if I'm not mistakened again...all of these dinos are tameable. Not breedable, mind you, but it'd be a novelty nonetheless ?

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This all I gotta say about the current attitude from devs. At least they could have enabled last years event. I thought it was just me getting blank garbage slots in the drops. I was looking for cool new skins. Not the crap I spawn with every time I lag into the teeth of something nasty due to WC being cheap on server rental.

Here. Have this. 

Whaaatt.jpg

13 hours ago, Steeze said:

Let me just go back a few weeks and start sooner and spend even more hours building giant structures to protect my hours of investment and keep tames safe.  Knowing now in complete hindsight that a stupid halloween event gets unleashed mid monday with no warning and my once safe base is now over run with bats while I'm offline.  You're a peach. 

At least ad turrets of plant X to have some kind of guarding protections.  I feel you're pain, my 100% metal base is completely close down, yet a Rex managed to either spawn inside or glitch inside and killed half of my tames.  I have since added turrets inside.

8 hours ago, JakeFromStateFarm377 said:

ive had no issues with this event dino wise - im glad they brought megalosaurus' up..have been caving for weeks with no luck finding one!

Problem i have is underwater loots 8/10 only have skins .. ruining the item/bps that are normally in them

Same with desert loot crates. All horrible quality and skins. Where’s the increased quality?

Aberration ($30ish) vs updating old content ($0) for a 48hr event its pretty clear cut who wins out there. General lack of quality of life updates as a whole is dragging ark down for me at least, its especially bad on PS4 (cant speak for xbone) with incremental worse official server performance and no access to mods for unofficials.

I'm ok with the skins, especially bc the game seems to "forget" what I already earned (dossiers, map exploration...) every now and then.

I really, really miss the music from the menu! It was amazing last year.

The overworld spawn are meh, but I'll go farm megalania toxin later today... 

The quality of the loot drops is horrible. On SE the same oil pumps, Adobe pieces, mantis/lymanthria/morellatops saddles, but lesser quality. 

I got ONE ascendant mantis saddle, everything else, BP or saddle, is grey or green.

From the caves the best thing was a BP for blue desert goggles from a red crate.

25 minutes ago, ducttapefixeseverything said:

It also says the haircut skins are consumable...I used one on me, hair stayed the same. Tried using scissors, that haircut was still locked. On the us side, I did get a witch hat skin for my therizino.

"Ponytail Hair" seems to be the name of all the different hair items for some reason. If you get a few you'll find some will stack while others won't it's because they're actually different items. Just keep "consuming" them and if it's for one you've already got it won't let you, if it's a new one you'll find you have a new hair style of some sort. Got almost all of them now just by consuming any I find if it will let me.

Well, I am am not liking the event! I think the animals spawned for the event are way to powerful! LVL 188 Agrie (2.8K HP, 1.6K Stamina, 289 Malee) lost to a lvl 20 Megalosaurus? Really? Wow.
Then a LVL 10 Arthropluera  took out a LVL 87 Thorny Dragon  (which was just tamed 10 hours before its death). Then they spawned in the base camp that was set up and others just walked through barricade with getting hurt! WOW!
Now, if you could tame the these killers - they get killed by LVL 20 animal! HUMMM....I think something is not configured correctly with that algorithm!
Now to find a server to get new animals! Thanks for listening to me vent about this event!

I was wondering if the Halloween Event would apply to single player as well.  So sad, I played for a number of hours just to check.  If you can take into consideration ARK developers that my children, as well as others I am sure, play single player and were REALLY excited to find some Halloween loot.  They are so sad.  Please try for the next event to include single player.  Thanks

10 hours ago, Azuna0 said:

So am I the only one that's really unhappy with this Halloween event Its damn near impossible for my tribe to gather resources with all the onyc and megalosaurus around 

I completely agree, I was gathering fish meat yesterday and got attacked by a dang Arthroplura that completely broke all my armor and nearly killed me. This is the worst Idea ever, they could have at least included an evolution event with it. 

So the drops are supposed to contain higher level items ?

I've pulled 20 cave loot drops, around 15 water drops, and about 20 purple, gold, and red drops with rings.

I even tamed a Liopleurodon and pulled underwater drops as well as 5 gold and blue cave drops.

I have tons of skins and no bps worthy of mentioning. As a matter of fact because of the skins the drops have been worse.

All pulled on ragnarok official.

Any one having luck on the island, center, or scroched ?

9 minutes ago, BK said:

So the drops are supposed to contain higher level items ?

I've pulled 20 cave loot drops, around 15 water drops, and about 20 purple, gold, and red drops with rings.

I even tamed a Liopleurodon and pulled underwater drops as well as 5 gold and blue cave drops.

I have tons of skins and no bps worthy of mentioning. As a matter of fact because of the skins the drops have been worse.

All pulled on ragnarok official.

Any one having luck on the island, center, or scroched ?

We play on Official Rag as well. We noticed similar results with the cave drops, but definitely experienced better than norm with the land supply drops. Besides the obvious skins etc, in about 2 hours we collected 8 MC saddles and a ASC sword bp. Not sure if it actually mattered or not but the drops seemed "better" at night than during daytime. 

This was on the gamepedia ARK site:

So does this mean that if I input -beta halloween into the admin commands that I will get "The Witches Curse Event"?  Sorry if this is an obvious answer. 

Will this work in Ragnarok as well or just The Island and Scorched Earth?

Unofficial Servers[edit source]

Unofficals can enable the event by updating to the -beta halloween branch and the following ini settings:

NightTimeSpeedScale=0.25 DayTimeSpeedScale=4.0

a NEW Game.ini ShooterGameMode setting (which makes it colder): BaseTemperatureMultiplier = 0.475

and running once with: -ForceRespawnDinos

• Volunteer Moderator
5 minutes ago, Melcreif said:

Wow, people complaining the Halloween spawns are too powerful? It's supposed to be scary and dangerous out there people. It's Halloween!!!  Not sure what folks were thinking. Just supposed to get candy and toys???

I just wish us folks on dedicated Xbox servers could enjoy it...

I will say i had alot of fun defending the base against the bats. Every 15 minutes another one would fly by and attack things.. Im enjoying myself with the event. 

I'm so good I made third place in an SotF tournament while never having even played it. I also like the dev hat.

It's pretty obvious this event was just slapped together to try and appease those of us who were looking forward to an actual Halloween event. They didn't even bother to filter out items like the dev hats. Some pretty lazy work.

20171031124521_1_2.jpg

Archived