Halloween Event?

hyde3378

People play unofficial and single player cos of a number of reasons the main reason  probably being lagg, i've played official since early access then they released the new official servers and took away most of the old servers, since then everyone I know either quit Ark or is playing unofficial (everyone agrees ark has a serious lack of  management problem and the most incompetent Devs) we hardly have any lagg on unofficial, on official if u hit lagg and DC u die and ur animal and cos of server cap u cant tame another one. Unofficial is more controlled and nearly no lagg and no empty promises from management and no power trips or useless DEVS. We play Ragnarok and we all agree the modders community did an awesome job. We are hoping fora fear evolved event but if it happens or not we will have to wait and see but till the issues on official is repaired (fix) we wont play ther

Well played some official fear eveolved as expected worst that last year and last year was worst than the year before.....WC dont promise us gold and give us crap rather take it away and keep ur useless mouths shut.....i use to love Ark but the devs are really F*in this experience up for everyone  

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, vapeur156 said:

Man, by all means, help me out with them because if you search the postings, it is confusing out there. Up to now, in SP, all the events were coming thru patches. This time, my SP server is still on 271.22 . 

Sadly I do not know them. Might ask the support about it.

But as far as I remember there are launch parameters for events, like "-vday" for Valentines in steam launch options.

4 hours ago, FluffyDinoPartey said:

To be honest this is the worst Halloween Event, I mean raptoring Onyc everywhere? Yeah some skins are cool but I miss the "love" Wildcard put into the past events, with all the Bone Skin Raptors/Rex running around, the Zomdodo's chasing you, gravestones, being able to farm Pumpkins and decorate your Base with it. This event is just "Here you have 4 times longer nights cause it sucks, and less amount of daytime cause why not. Where is the love for your game guys, every Patch there was a Video showcasing stuff, every event had its own trailer. This is all gone now, now that people play your game, bought your game all that matters is reducing the player base to a somewhat acceptable amount to being able to handel Server-lag issues/taming cap issues. You closed a lot of Legacy Servers already, why dont you give us more officials? If you do not want to afford the servers let people buy stuff via microtransactions or some stuff, people will buy if you keep on handling the amount of lag and stuff.

I am really disappointed in which direction ARK is heading, yes I am hyped for Abberation, but seriously how long do you expect us to play with full servers? I do play a lot nowadays since we wanna rush to endgame asap, but we have to play o 4 diff. servers to being even able to breed our rexes. Just a shame :/

Yup. There is nothing Halloweeny at all about what they did. No decorations at all. No skeleton dinos. Nothing about this event looks remotely like a Halloween event. They did not even make it 2x....so ...boring...

So there's nothing for single player? How sad. 

I don't play on servers anymore (I don't bother with gold membership on Xbox anymore). 

Can someone fill me on on what is actually happening for this "event"? So far I've read (that's not listed in the announcement):

-Pony tail skins in drops

-dev hats in drops 

-soft trophies in drops

-onyx, spiders, and megalosaurus are spawning above ground 

Anything else? 

On all maps or just Island and SE? 

34 minutes ago, theronin said:

Uh try what?  Longer nights and shorter days?  cave spawns in beaches?

Let me be clear - to me this is not harder it is just more annoyance.  But a fanboi like you im sure would defend the devs if they decided to make it be night all the time and have squid be able to walk on land lol fanboi.

What is your problem dear sir? You are forced to play an horrible game? Defending the devs?  Why, they need to be defended? Again, play something else, stay civil and learn to spell fanboy. Thank you for you very useful posting.

6 hours ago, Velarius said:

I've said it in the past, its for WC's bad practices that some other company will make another game learning from mistakes in business practice here to develop something better.  *cough* GoGo Bethesda *cough*

Don't expect Bethesda to do it. Bethesda has seemingly gone the way of EA/Ubisoft. Take a look at the "Creation Club" *cough*paidmods*cough* fiasco. Not to mention the exorbitant cash shop prices and "Loot Crate" gambling in ESO. I'm saying this as someone who's been a big fan of Bethesda ever since i picked up TES II: Daggerfall in 1996. Looks like CDProjektRed is surpassing Bethesda now.

Are you guys serious? Complaining about this event? Really need to get over it and enjoy. As for getting only skins ? Look harder lol. For one thing I love the skins but you are getting better stuff. I got a blueprint for an ascendant ptederedon saddle. I like these events even if it's harder or a nuisance 

One time other years the dodorex spawned right in my base and killed one third of my Dinos. The only reason I was angry was that it happened when I was offline and I missed the fun.

On 2017-10-15 at 8:33 AM, SirTCO85 said:

As long as the turkeys are not op'ed like last time I will enjoy either.  Last time the turkeys were out I lost several dinos that should have killed pretty much anything 

I would like to see the turkey try to take on my Gigas protecting my base. I have a high level one that I tamed at level 140 wild. It's 270 now. 

1 hour ago, Jtmorris said:

So there's nothing for single player? How sad. 

I don't play on servers anymore (I don't bother with gold membership on Xbox anymore). 

Can someone fill me on on what is actually happening for this "event"? So far I've read (that's not listed in the announcement):

-Pony tail skins in drops

-dev hats in drops 

-soft trophies in drops

-onyx, spiders, and megalosaurus are spawning above ground 

Anything else? 

On all maps or just Island and SE? 

As. Far as I know it's only on those two maps. You getting better loot also. I got an ascendant ptederedon saddle blueprint. One skin I got was the gerboa skeleton skin. Also got the bionic Rex skin. The vampire skin, werewolf skin, dodorex mask skin. More hairstyles.

Does this years Fear Evolved event take place on Ragnarok, official or unofficial?  If it does, how does one go about starting it on an unofficial server hosted by a third party?  I'm using CraftandSurvive server host.

If I were to figure out where the command line is, would the .ini configurations also be required for it to work properly or can I skip the longer and colder nights stuff?

The loot drops are extremely dull due to the fact that they are giving players skins that everyone can get access to by playing the game itself.

Where's the graveyards,pumpkins,bone skinned dinos,dodo rex,dodo wyvern and even the damn Fear evolved themed music we love!?

Like seriously this is the games first freaking event since its official release,I feel bad to all the new players since they didn't get to experience this amazing event like I did last year.

3 minutes ago, CamboDahRambo said:

The loot drops are extremely dull due to the fact that they are giving players skins that everyone can get access to by playing the game itself.

Where's the graveyards,pumpkins,bone skinned dinos,dodo rex,dodo wyvern and even the damn Fear evolved themed music we love!?

Like seriously this is the games first freaking event since its official release,I feel bad to all the new players since they didn't get to experience this amazing event like I did last year.

Just be patient bro, there might be something coming today because it is Halloween today. Hold out for today and if there is nothing then we can be upset.

Archived