Halloween Event?

hyde3378

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I use Ark Server Manager to set up my servers and it took me a while to figure out, but if you find the "ARK Server Manager.exe.config" file open it with a decent text editor and find the SteamCmdInstallServerArgsFormat section and add in -beta halloween as shown below then restart ASM and hit upgrade on your servers and it will update them to the Halloween version.

<setting name="SteamCmdInstallServerArgsFormat" serializeAs="String">
        <value>+login anonymous +force_install_dir "{0}"  "+app_update 376030 -beta halloween {1}" +quit</value>
      </setting>

53 minutes ago, Maelikki said:

My loot so far (I must say I find it pretty funny at this point):

1st place and 3rd place SoTF Trophy.

A weird Ark Dev Kit user hat that was unlootable.

TONS of ponytail hairstyles (some of those stack and some don't, I currently have a 2 stack and a 3 stack and a few singular ones)

A romantic facial hair style (my character is female)

Nice!

...good people. 

3 minutes ago, Antitheft2 said:

I use Ark Server Manager to set up my servers and it took me a while to figure out, but if you find the "ARK Server Manager.exe.config" file open it with a decent text editor and find the SteamCmdInstallServerArgsFormat section and add in -beta halloween as shown below then restart ASM and hit upgrade on your servers and it will update them to the Halloween version.

<setting name="SteamCmdInstallServerArgsFormat" serializeAs="String">
        <value>+login anonymous +force_install_dir "{0}"  "+app_update 376030 -beta halloween {1}" +quit</value>
      </setting>

Thank you so much for giving the correct information that WC failed to give us ! Much love buddy

I've been screwed over plenty of times by this game in a short period of time and I can accept the occasional glitch and error.....however when you throw an event basically with no foresight at all you're going to really screw things up.   I just don't get it.   I log on with my trike already dead and the iguanodon dies right after.  I lost my only tapejara that took a long time to get on a slow official pve POS server.    To a bunch of bats just terrorizing my otherwise always protected base.  High walls and gates.  All that garbage we grind to make so we can protect the hours we invest and leave our tames safe.  But they're not safe because idiot developers think this is fun for players.    I"ll just stay offline let everything die and then expect a rollback or I can quit official servers for good this time.  Whatever. 

• Volunteer Moderator
40 minutes ago, Olivar said:

This is pointless for hosted environments like survivalservers and the like.
We don't have access to running these custom patches ourselves unless the host does it.

Honestly WC; poopty implementation

You'll find that SurvivalServers have added the option in the update dropdown list.

halloween.png

8 minutes ago, GeoSeb said:

Hi,
How does this -beta halloween Setting work with Nitrado-Server ? Didn't find any start options on the settings.

Terrorising bats sounds ... bad ... can other confirm this ? Maybe I don't use this "event" then. I just wanna tame a megalosarus
ad the surface :-) ...

I'd also like to know? Any ideas? 

20 minutes ago, Steeze said:

I've been screwed over plenty of times by this game in a short period of time and I can accept the occasional glitch and error.....however when you throw an event basically with no foresight at all you're going to really screw things up.   I just don't get it.   I log on with my trike already dead and the iguanodon dies right after.  I lost my only tapejara that took a long time to get on a slow official pve POS server.    To a bunch of bats just terrorizing my otherwise always protected base.  High walls and gates.  All that garbage we grind to make so we can protect the hours we invest and leave our tames safe.  But they're not safe because idiot developers think this is fun for players.    I"ll just stay offline let everything die and then expect a rollback or I can quit official servers for good this time.  Whatever. 

keep your dinos inside

• Volunteer Moderator
1 minute ago, Antitheft2 said:

Maybe it's just official it's not on then? Because it's 100% active on my private servers running Ragnarok.

Reprashing, Spawns and items could be working as it is game content. But Ragnarok will not have things like landscape effects.

30 minutes ago, Chrysaora said:

keep your dinos inside

Let me just go back a few weeks and start sooner and spend even more hours building giant structures to protect my hours of investment and keep tames safe.  Knowing now in complete hindsight that a stupid halloween event gets unleashed mid monday with no warning and my once safe base is now over run with bats while I'm offline.  You're a peach. 

20 minutes ago, Antitheft2 said:

Maybe it's just official it's not on then? Because it's 100% active on my private servers running Ragnarok.

Wow just wow. Missed out on the event last year because I played on The Center now im playing on Lagnarok im missing out again. This is BS.
We have an Island server (don't want one but pretty much forced too to do boss battles and Ascend) but our Rag is our main and im breeding and imprinting their. So I have to transfer to The Island between imprints to get any halloween loot.

Its seems everyday WC seems to find a new way to piss me off.

Archived