Halloween Event?

hyde3378

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess I am spoiled from last year, but this years event has me logging out after 15 minuets.  Maybe I am missing something by not looking around more but there is very little change I can see.

No graveyards. No skeleton dinos, though that could be because I didn't kill the regular ones. The trees are all still green. Temperature of -63 has me not even cold, perhaps temp is broken?

The only thing I did see was the underground dinos above ground and the one drop I looted had a ponytail skin and some other hat skins.

I hope someone can point out what I am not seeing. If there is something I missed that is neat I would log back in and look around more. For now though, the hollow weeny event is kinda meh imo.

Oh the topic was merged. I thought it was deleted.  In any case I was doing dishes and thought about it.  Although they have the coding for all the fun stuff from last year, Ragnarok is a new map so it might not have had the graveyards and such in place. Rather than have people yelling that rag didn't get the entire event, they might have just decided to cut most of it, and only put out what all the maps could handle.  Disappointing, but understandable I guess.

The tree color should have made it back in though. I was looking forward to that the most.

So get ready for the tears, right? So this event has been live for what 10 mins? Already had 1 Dino killed in my base, and another one that I really like killed for no reason, oh, I was offline for that.  My doed  had food, on passive, on  pve and I was offline. Log on to just see the message my doed died in log.  Anyways, I just want to find out how the doed died how do I do that, oh and this event sucks lol.  The one Dino that died in the actual event was lower and I can deal because I didn’t have others on neutral(do that and I find my Rex’s in the middle of ocean, true story) but the doed was a server glitch and I should at least be able to see why, personally I should have it restored.  Been playing for two weeks and have really enjoyed game but this is about the third time I’ve lost a good Dino to glitch. This game is cheap as f (this event perfect example) when it works much less when it glitches and you lose stuff.  Guess point is how do I get it reviewed on my one doed? hear sometimes you can get a Dino back that died from glitch.

My loot so far (I must say I find it pretty funny at this point):

1st place and 3rd place SoTF Trophy.

A weird Ark Dev Kit user hat that was unlootable.

TONS of ponytail hairstyles (some of those stack and some don't, I currently have a 2 stack and a 3 stack and a few singular ones)

A romantic facial hair style (my character is female)

Nice! :D

30 minutes ago, Schelmixi said:

Also bugs included this event. There is a baseball cap event item in the red desert/underwater crates. You can't loot them, so the crates wont disapear.

You can put your own hat in the drop, drag and drop the skin on it and then take it out to make the loot crate disappear. The skin is deleted by doing so though, so no way to obgain it I guess. at least the crate us gone

Just now, Weiss said:

You can put your own hat in the drop, drag and drop the skin on it and then take it out to make the loot crate disappear. The skin is deleted by doing so though, so no way to obgain it I guess. at least the crate us gone

Yeah i just found out that you can jusr drop them with O :D Still thank you!

• Wildcard Community
Just now, McDude2013 said:

Im on PC and neither do i see any way of opting in

You add -beta halloween on the list of commands you have for your server's launch file. We understand that different server operators launch their servers in different ways, and apologize for the lack of clarity on opting in to the halloween branch.

Had 2 alpha raptors spawn in my base so far. Rexes seem more abundant too. Spent 30 minutes hauling as many dinos indoors as possible (Xbox pve) due to the number of bats flying about. 1 rex on passive with 2 rexes set to follow and on aggressive dotted over about 4 spots in my base.... Let the cluster**** begin...

@Eli 

Server did not even start with -beta halloween, i tried -beta=halloween and server starts but version is still 273.2. Not sure if the event is enabled .... why? since your information seams not to be veryfied.

What is the reason behind only doing this on official servers and not letting us that host our own servers get this update ? 
I host 3 servers and run a little community with a few streamers involved. We where looking forward to do the Halloween missions together but again lack of info and lack of putting us that have supported your game since day 1 behind .. again. I have always defended WC and ARK but my trust is getting very low. You guys need to work on your information flow and getting the right information out there to your customers. 
I mean, even the dlcs have been in the shadows of your information flow.

I beg you guys to respect the guys that have supported you since 2015 in wet and dry with at least information on time. Thats the least you can do

Sorry for my spelling booboos. 

Archived