Halloween Event?

hyde3378

People play unofficial and single player cos of a number of reasons the main reason  probably being lagg, i've played official since early access then they released the new official servers and took away most of the old servers, since then everyone I know either quit Ark or is playing unofficial (everyone agrees ark has a serious lack of  management problem and the most incompetent Devs) we hardly have any lagg on unofficial, on official if u hit lagg and DC u die and ur animal and cos of server cap u cant tame another one. Unofficial is more controlled and nearly no lagg and no empty promises from management and no power trips or useless DEVS. We play Ragnarok and we all agree the modders community did an awesome job. We are hoping fora fear evolved event but if it happens or not we will have to wait and see but till the issues on official is repaired (fix) we wont play ther

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I for one am quite upset that they are doing the 2 day event during the week day. I can understand the decision to make it a short event, but the net time that most players can play on a Monday-Tuesday (especially when one of those days is a holiday where many folks have plans) really defeats the purpose of an event in the first place. Why put all the time and effort in to an event that a large portion of your community won't be able to enjoy?

5 hours ago, xDarKStaRx616 said:

All they are telling us at this point are "encounter abnormal overworld spawns". Only a few more hours and will found out what that includes! :DodoRex-Mask: 

That probably just means we'll see more bats ans spiders.

I really wish they'd add the vampire/werewolf abilities that were planned for last year :(

So last year there were some nice additions to the games Halloween content. Also some features promised such as vampirism and lycanthropy which would give the players super human powers weren't finished last year so they just never implemented them, I thought for sure we would see these features this year. Also the event isn't even on unofficial servers. It's strange that the game is now full release and the Halloween event is lamer than ever. Last year me and my friends had a blast with it, but unless I want to run around and spawn things and create the illusion of an actual event, there's nothing for us. But they started working on a DLC for us all to buy before the game even released. What do you all think of the Halloween event this year?

I like how you get always that smartass answer if you ask when the event or if it starts with comments from GP like: 

5 hours ago, GP said:

12PM EST. It states in the announcement at the top of the forum.

But truth is. WC does what and when wildcard wants it. 

Stop defending WC and accept they have greedy buisness model, where they rather focus on new dlc's instead of actually bringing tha alpha desaster in actuall release. Just because its out, doesnt mean its good now...

54 minutes ago, Jaywall said:

So last year there were some nice additions to the games Halloween content. Also some features promised such as vampirism and lycanthropy which would give the players super human powers weren't finished last year so they just never implemented them, I thought for sure we would see these features this year. Also the event isn't even on unofficial servers. It's strange that the game is now full release and the Halloween event is lamer than ever. Last year me and my friends had a blast with it, but unless I want to run around and spawn things and create the illusion of an actual event, there's nothing for us. But they started working on a DLC for us all to buy before the game even released. What do you all think of the Halloween event this year?

Unofficial servers have full access to the event as it is released as a base game update usually, it is up to the server admin to update for the event or not.

Nobody thinks anything of it yet as it is late as expected lol.

2 minutes ago, Kushoholic said:

I like how you get always that smartass answer if you ask when the event or if it starts with comments from GP like: 

Stop defending WC and accept they have greedy buisness model, where they rather focus on new dlc's instead of actually bringing tha alpha desaster in actuall release. Just because its out, doesnt mean its good now...

He is not necessarily defending wildcard, just telling people it says at the top of the raptoring page,

It's like when people ask a really simple question that Google could answer in seconds. 

• Volunteer Moderator
2 minutes ago, Kushoholic said:

If my response to the person I was replying to was seen as a smartass answer by the person I was responding to then I apologise to them, however, they thanked me for my response so I'm sure they didn't read it with the same tone that you read it in.

Not even sure how my response was seen as defending WC. I answered a very specific question. It seems you have issues that you are diluting with other things.

45 minutes ago, Saupe said:

Unofficial servers have full access to the event as it is released as a base game update usually, it is up to the server admin to update for the event or not.

Nobody thinks anything of it yet as it is late as expected lol.

There are no options for my Xbox dedicated server for any halloween related options

4 hours ago, McDude2013 said:

Wait so why do we have to wait? Does dodorex only spawn at certain time? 

Dodorex only spawns every 3rd (in game) night during the event. You can tell when one spawns because a text will appear to every online player stating The DodoRex has appeared and the moon turns orange with the silhouette of the DodoRex's head across it. I believe from that point you have 7min to kill it.

5 minutes ago, xDarKStaRx616 said:

Dodorex only spawns every 3rd (in game) night during the event. You can tell when one spawns because a text will appear to every online player stating The DodoRex has appeared and the moon turns orange with the silhouette of the DodoRex's head across it. I believe from that point you have 7min to kill it.

You can kill solo?

- Black and orange spiders now spawn on the beaches
- Megalania, Titanoboa, Scorpions, Megalosaurus, Onyc, Arthropluera, and Spiders spawn points changed to various surface points around the map. The creepy crawlies are out to spook!
- Skins can now randomly spawn in level 3 supply drops.
- Quality of drops increased.
- Colder, longer nights and shorter days, brrr!

Is the dodorex even in this Halloween event?

Archived