Halloween Event?

hyde3378

3 hours ago, LouSpowells said:

Protip: Go to the main page to see if there's an update about Fear Evolved. If there's not an update there, then there hasn't been an update.

To be fair, you would also have to check twitter, Reddit, Facebook, and random discord servers because you never know where they will actually announce things... actually, this is the last place I would check for up-to-date information

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Jrminot said:

To be fair, you would also have to check twitter, Reddit, Facebook, and random discord servers because you never know where they will actually announce things... actually, this is the last place I would check for up-to-date information

To be fair, if you're always checking here last, then I don't imagine you'd know that it's usually posted here first.

Just now, LouSpowells said:

To be fair, if you're always checking here last, then I don't imagine you'd know that it's usually posted here first.

Checking here last was obviously an exaggeration.

That said, most of the time, the steam forums have more up-to-date patch notes and many times, major announcements are first made via Twitter (often never even making it here).

Am I a bit jaded and bitter, sure. I don't really like (my personal preference) it when developers don't utilize their own website as the primary means of relaying important information (and this seems to be an industry trend among games I follow). Is it really a huge deal to me though, not really; but I felt the need to point out the irony of pointing someone to a source of information that is often not the place to check for the most relevant information, when it obviously should be.

All said, I would have hoped to have heard something about the event. Seems though that it usually starts October 28th and runs through November 5th or 6th. 

11 minutes ago, Jrminot said:

Checking here last was obviously an exaggeration.

That said, most of the time, the steam forums have more up-to-date patch notes and many times, major announcements are first made via Twitter (often never even making it here).

Am I a bit jaded and bitter, sure. I don't really like (my personal preference) it when developers don't utilize their own website as the primary means of relaying important information (and this seems to be an industry trend among games I follow). Is it really a huge deal to me though, not really; but I felt the need to point out the irony of pointing someone to a source of information that is often not the place to check for the most relevant information, when it obviously should be.

All said, I would have hoped to have heard something about the event. Seems though that it usually starts October 28th and runs through November 5th or 6th. 

I knew it was an exaggeration, I was just messing with you a bit. 

That said, I would also like to have heard something by now, but I'd imagine we haven't heard anything because there's nothing to hear yet. We have a large chunk of players demanding that Wildcard not provide a tentative ETA until they know for a fact that it can be met, and there's another large chunk of players demanding an ETA on everything. If nonstop vitriolic demands (not saying you specifically) were going to work, they would have already worked. Alternatively, we could all chill out a bit and nothing will change other than the constant negativity.

...if only.

1 minute ago, LouSpowells said:

I knew it was an exaggeration, I was just messing with you a bit. 

That said, I would also like to have heard something by now, but I'd imagine we haven't heard anything because there's nothing to hear yet. We have a large chunk of players demanding that Wildcard not provide a tentative ETA until they know for a fact that it can be met, and there's another large chunk of players demanding an ETA on everything. If nonstop vitriolic demands (not saying you specifically) would work, it would have already worked. Alternatively, we could all chill out a bit and nothing will change other than the constant negativity.

...if only.

I hear ya. I completely agree with your proposed mindset. Really, I'm just happy to see progress. As long as I see occasional progress and enjoy the game... good times.

On 13-10-2017 at 8:14 PM, JonnyThunder7428 said:

i really hope they add something new, since the bone costumes completly lost their uniqueness through the steam achievements for me.

I really hate that they arent special anymore. I really enjoyed hunting down the skeleton dinos and acquiring them.

Now everyone can just load a singleplayer save file and bring the skins to official.

I 100% agree with this. I loved the atmosphere around the haloween event last year and loved hunting down the skeletons to gather
all of the bone skeleton costumes for each creature. Its a shame that they just give em to everybody who goes to single player now to 
unlock them. To me they are worthless now. and i hope they fix that by adding something new this year, something you can only acquire by
completing this years haloween event quests

31 minutes ago, BatmanRAG042 said:

Its my first halloween in ark, what exactly happens? Some creature (dodorex) appers and destroy everything? We get some loot killing it? What do we have to do? hahaha

First pray theres a halloween event in the first place. Second pray that the dodorex/dodowyvern doesnt spawn in your base.

Got loot from killing  the dodorex/dodowyvern. Think they spawned every third ingame night and you had till dawn to find them and kill them....

Also got to tame the zombie wyverns if you killed the dodorex. Also for the bone skins you got from killing the associated bone dino such as a bone stego skin from killing a bone stego.

17 minutes ago, AngrySaltire said:

First pray theres a halloween event in the first place. Second pray that the dodorex/dodowyvern doesnt spawn in your base.

Got loot from killing  the dodorex/dodowyvern. Think they spawned every third ingame night and you had till dawn to find them and kill them....

Also got to tame the zombie wyverns if you killed the dodorex. Also for the bone skins you got from killing the associated bone dino such as a bone stego skin from killing a bone stego.

How we can kill they? Rex?

• Joebl0w13 changed the title to Halloween Event?

Archived