Steam ID Privacy Update Needed?

Rancor

For all the 123's out there! I have found that I can not play certain steam games like Unturned with a number as my steam name. 

Ever since they "Fixed" the way #'s hid names many of us have gone back to 123 on PvP servers as a way to protect ourselves and stop harassment in general. (was stalked by a tribe for months before)

Anyone else feel this is a matter that really needs to be addressed? 

2 minutes ago, SCEDeadeye said:

123 and private steam profiles is mandatory if you are in a Mega tribes and play PVP on official servers. pretty sad  when a game forces you to change you steam account just to play.

Exactly my problem lol Have to be 123, no global chat, super secret etc. Even when I was a small tribe before transfers the only chance I had at fighting the alpha was a secret id. I literally mad THIS steam account because they tracked me down and would log in any time I did. Thank you steam tracking sights... 

Guest BubbaCrawfish

Even if you use private profiles, you can still be tracked.

This spam of 123 for names, makes steam friends lists unbearable.

I have actually mentioned this in the past, as it does lead to harassment, and stalking. I also can't stand how it even does bring up the steam username in chat, so you can't run a second profile, and mess with people without them cottoning on. Such as when you are a level 1 'noob' walking into your tribes base to see how they really act when noobs turn up.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived