Big base locations

TheDoDoLife

if on ragnarok, head towards green ob from southwest 2 and continue past it. eventually you will hit the barrier up on a cliff; down from that cliff is an extremely large flat plot of land; potentially the largest flat in the south. it is covered in trees and part of the land reacts as if you were walking in shallow water, so there is a flat portion of that land which is irrigatable. towards the back of it is a tiny house-sized island surrounded by water on all sides, kind of like a moat. it's a very discreet location that allows for massive builds outside of the line of sight of most players.

We build on north, just before where the black lava biome starts: https://imgur.com/a/qeIuk
The area is so big that wild dinos spawn inside there and Epic view distance does not render all buildings. One of the pictures have 2 wild brontos inside the base walls and they look small. Area is way too big for us.

Location has also easy water access and good crystal/obsidian/orgpoly/stone/wood -farming. Metal you have to do somewhere else.

3 hours ago, Demigod said:

if on ragnarok, head towards green ob from southwest 2 and continue past it. eventually you will hit the barrier up on a cliff; down from that cliff is an extremely large flat plot of land; potentially the largest flat in the south. it is covered in trees and part of the land reacts as if you were walking in shallow water, so there is a flat portion of that land which is irrigatable. towards the back of it is a tiny house-sized island surrounded by water on all sides, kind of like a moat. it's a very discreet location that allows for massive builds outside of the line of sight of most players.

Had an old base here. Great area and lots of high level Rex spawns too. Close to crystal, metal on the mountain side above you, close to green ob, easy access to snow, redwoods right there for sap. It'll change a bit when they open the desert though. 

17 hours ago, GaaraXD said:

swamp castle, giant plains near green, very bottom of the volcano. theres tons of locations.

20 hours ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

Had an old base here. Great area and lots of high level Rex spawns too. Close to crystal, metal on the mountain side above you, close to green ob, easy access to snow, redwoods right there for sap. It'll change a bit when they open the desert though. 

22 hours ago, Boubbin said:

We build on north, just before where the black lava biome starts: https://imgur.com/a/qeIuk
The area is so big that wild dinos spawn inside there and Epic view distance does not render all buildings. One of the pictures have 2 wild brontos inside the base walls and they look small. Area is way too big for us.

Location has also easy water access and good crystal/obsidian/orgpoly/stone/wood -farming. Metal you have to do somewhere else.

23 hours ago, Demigod said:

thanks for the help

Depending on what your fortitude is like, there's a huge ice lake at about 36/58 that's flat as a board. I chose there specifically because I was looking for an area that I could build to house a bunch of wyverns.

It's quite close to the World Scar, about in the middle of the known ice wyvern egg spawn points...there's a tunnel underneath full of metal and crystal, that leads right out into the redwoods, and it's central on the map...or what will be the map when it's complete, which is always nice.

The only cons to the area is the lack of immediate oil and obsidian. And, of course, that the snow on Ragnarok is pretty unforgiving.

I always like to build high for defensive purposes so I go with any high pillar and start at the top with foundations and ceiling out with pillars until you have a nice flat base. If you need more storage for wyverns and the like, you just build multiple tiers of storage. on Rag, I like the plateaus by canyon near the swamp and have made some rather large bases there before.

1 hour ago, LadyCrescent said:

The only cons to the area is the lack of immediate oil and obsidian. And, of course, that the snow on Ragnarok is pretty unforgiving.

I believe there is an oil vein in the snow mountains so shouldn't be much of a trip to get it. Not sure about obsidian but mountains, probably some somewhere. 

Archived