Progression Advice

Jrminot

Hello all,

Just looking for some advice on progression.

I'm in a 2 man tribe on a 1x vanilla unofficial server cluster (TheIsland and Ragnarok) 5.0 difficulty

Through the past year we have bred battle rexes and been working up to killing bosses.

This week, we successfully killed the alpha Megapithecus and the Alpha Broodmother. (0 casualties on monkey, 4 casualties on broodmother). We ran 19 battle rexes with ascendant saddles and 1 yuuty.

Now we are turning our eyes towards the dragon and I'm not really sure what to expect. The first hurdle we need to clear is the ice cave. I am crafting supplies for it now. Basically I have ascendant fur sets, ascendant fab snipers, ascendant pump shotguns, MC assault rifles, grapples, and I may bring my tek rifle.

So my first question is: What is the best weapon to use for the Ice cave? (including tek rifle)

Next, if we cleared the alpha Monkey and BM, should we be able to run gamma dragon?

Thanks!

23 minutes ago, Jrminot said:

Hello all,

Just looking for some advice on progression.

I'm in a 2 man tribe on a 1x vanilla unofficial server cluster (TheIsland and Ragnarok) 5.0 difficulty

Through the past year we have bred battle rexes and been working up to killing bosses.

This week, we successfully killed the alpha Megapithecus and the Alpha Broodmother. (0 casualties on monkey, 4 casualties on broodmother). We ran 19 battle rexes with ascendant saddles and 1 yuuty.

Now we are turning our eyes towards the dragon and I'm not really sure what to expect. The first hurdle we need to clear is the ice cave. I am crafting supplies for it now. Basically I have ascendant fur sets, ascendant fab snipers, ascendant pump shotguns, MC assault rifles, grapples, and I may bring my tek rifle.

So my first question is: What is the best weapon to use for the Ice cave? (including tek rifle)

Next, if we cleared the alpha Monkey and BM, should we be able to run gamma dragon?

Thanks!

There is a thread here on theories to defeat the dragon since the buff... may want to check that out. I would bring good hyenas and dimprphadons or try to breed something inside. If you can build inside your cave nooblets has a good YouTube video he did on an official PVE server early access that tells you how to get through it.

Archived