Aberration - Coming Soon Status

IRLawyer

1 hour ago, IRLawyer said:

Anyone else notice this on Steam? I wonder if this means that it's releasing today with the dev's coming back from vacation, or alternatively if they have given up on an October release.

If there's going to be a release this week, I'd expect it at Twitchcon.  They like to release stuff during industry events (which is why a lot of us thought the expansion and not just the trailer would release during Pax).

If not,  then either the Friday after (Obtober 27th) or Halloween, October 31.

They’d mentioned in the last digest that we’d be getting another trailer so my guess would be the new trailer at twitchcon along with the release date announcement and then the actual release the week after to kick off the Fear Evolved event.

But that’s 100% speculation, so I’d happily be proven wrong with an earlier release :D

I think they should do the advertising like the film Cloverfield (to a point).

don't release any information, no leaks, no posts, absolutely nothing. Leave it with the initial teaser we had with the Ark symbol surrounded by whatever it was with the message "Coming Soon" and once they have a confirmed date change it to a count down.

I am excited for the new DLC, don't get me wrong, but I find that the greatest excitement is when there is still a little mystery in the world.

2 hours ago, Shoosty said:

If there's going to be a release this week, I'd expect it at Twitchcon.  They like to release stuff during industry events (which is why a lot of us thought the expansion and not just the trailer would release during Pax).

If not,  then either the Friday after (Obtober 27th) or Halloween, October 31.

^^^he's right

nearly every major release happened at some major event. Ragnarok was released at e3 2017, titanosaur and redwoods were announced at e3 2016, abberation was announced at pax west, scorched was released at pax west 2016, etc. I would be surprised if we don't get aberration during twitchcon or the following week.

2 hours ago, IRLawyer said:

Anyone else notice this on Steam? I wonder if this means that it's releasing today with the dev's coming back from vacation, or alternatively if they have given up on an October release.

I had a dream last night about Aberration releasing today, it had the whole update patch note thing but instead of it specifically saying Aberration Expansion, it just said Bonus a long with the new Expansion. It was a pretty cool dream of me reading things but who knows, it could just release any time now.

7 minutes ago, GP said:

Don't believe so, as I don't think Scorched Earth was if I remember correctly.

PS4 received the scorched earth two months after its release on PC and xbox. ragnarok was delayed two months on both consoles in comparison to PC. so their track record shows that consoles may not be the first to receive the map.

6 minutes ago, Demigod said:

PS4 received the scorched earth two months after its release on PC and xbox. ragnarok was delayed two months on both consoles in comparison to PC. so their track record shows that consoles may not be the first to receive the map.

PS4 got it late because PS4 didn't have ARK at the time of Scorched's release

• Volunteer Moderator
7 minutes ago, Demigod said:

If I remember correctly, Scorched Earth released 1st Sep 2016 and PS4 didn't even get ARK until Dec 2016. So how would you expect PS4 to get Scorched before PS4 even got ARK?

And Ragnarok isn't an official DLC so i'm not including that in this. So Xbox got Scorched the same time as PC. So going on their track record then I expect all platforms to get Aberration at the same time.

I feel like when it gets here, it's here. I'm excited about it, but for some reason I'm way more hyped about the Fear Evolved event. Maybe because I was in a war for alpha last event so I cant wait to experience it without that mess this go round. :P I really hope they don't just use the Halloween event to release DLC and not do anything new for the event itself. Or worse, skip it all together. ¬¬

2 hours ago, Demigod said:

was not aware of that, my mistake.

Yeah, I think it came out on PS4 release on Dec 6. Maybe a couple of days later. Like @GP said, though, I don't really take Ragnarok into consideration because that's technically an "Official Mod" and therefore probably not considered significantly higher in priority than other content, whereas an Official DLC (for which we only have one real precedent) is likely earning a lot more attention and effort

Archived