Breeders, what do you consider to be good stats for Thylas and Argies?

IanHighlander

1 hour ago, Antitheft2 said:

Non-stop breeding (and found a couple of slightly higher wild stats to breed in) and this is now where I stand. All my highest stats now in one line and we've bred two different colour variations, a bright blue body, dark blue back stripe, white belly variation for me and a magenta body, dark purple stripe, lilac belly variation for my wife.

Meet Bluebell, born at level 299 - Hp 6860.1 (44pts), St 2240 (46pts), Ox 980 (39pts), Fo 9142.5 (43pts), We 704 (38pts), Dm 381.5 (45pts), Sp 130% (43pts), To 13216.5 (298)

stats.thumb.jpg.fecc8fabc830d5721f13796537032122.jpg

20171024195847_1.thumb.jpg.c87f7c73af470270b580e8692e62eba6.jpg

20171024195925_1.thumb.jpg.ce9a5c250245f4aa539208d9f351ec1c.jpg

20171024224751_1.thumb.jpg.f9bab91a8309c9a135582dbbda83834b.jpg

Quite pleased with this, it's been a lot of work. I'm still on the look out for better wild stats to breed in constantly, but for now, my Thyla breeding has reached where I can go with it.

That there is literally my dream thyla :Jerblove:. Just got together my starting pair of thylos with the best base wild stats after my initial breeding for breeding out muts on the dedicated server I am playing on. I would dream of getting that colour of thyla.

7 minutes ago, BatmanRAG042 said:

If I imprint my arges (or another dino) (fame and male), it will increase/influence the stats of the baby? 

Unfortunately not. Only the base stats of the argies would be passed on. Only mutations would increase the stats.

1 minute ago, AngrySaltire said:

That there is literally my dream thyla :Jerblove:. Just got together my starting pair of thylos with the best base wild stats after my initial breeding for breeding out muts on the dedicated server I am playing on. I would dream of getting that colour of thyla.

Unfortunately not. Only the base stats of the argies would be passed on. Only mutations would increase the stats.

Thanks dude! :)

3 minutes ago, AngrySaltire said:

So, in this case, thinking in create a mega rex, is not a good option I imprint the first parents thinking about stronger babies? Just keep reproducing and reproducing until that a mutation happen and so, i imprint?

5 minutes ago, BatmanRAG042 said:

Thanks dude! :)

No Problem :)

1 minute ago, BatmanRAG042 said:

So, in this case, thinking in create a mega rex, is not a good option I imprint the first parents thinking about stronger babies? Just keep reproducing and reproducing until that a mutation happen and so, i imprint?

Yeah best to keep breeding and breeding for those mutations and when your happy with the final product imprint on those rexs. No point wasting time and resources on your breeders. For my breeders I dont imprint or level them at all so I can keep track of what stats they pass on.

4 minutes ago, BatmanRAG042 said:

I never imprint anything other than ones I want to use myself (which always get imprinted to 100% if possible), it has no affect on breeding anyway.

On 2017-10-18 at 9:43 PM, Moonie1 said:

I thought Dododex was a bad choice after taming for checking stats? Other than Dododex, is there another browser based site that gives accurate stat assessments after taming? I sorta use the Ark Breeding program, but its very confusing and doesnt work most of the time when I plug in stats post-tame.

Are you playing on a private/unofficial server? I have my own server and had that same problem. Then the author of the Ark Breeding program helped me out and after some additional research, I found out that:

When you create a server, there is a setting you can put in GameUserSettings.ini that's called bUseSinglePlayerSettings. This was, for me, true by default. When this setting is set to true, it modifies a bunch of settings (which ones and by how much, you can see here). That's what's throwing the Ark Breeding Program off. But in the Ark Breeding Program's settings, there is a checkbox for Single Player. If you check that box (regardless of whether you are playing a single player game or not, it just depends on that server setting), the program should be able to extract the stats.

3 hours ago, Antitheft2 said:

Non-stop breeding (and found a couple of slightly higher wild stats to breed in) and this is now where I stand. All my highest stats now in one line and we've bred two different colour variations, a bright blue body, dark blue back stripe, white belly variation for me and a magenta body, dark purple stripe, lilac belly variation for my wife.

Meet Bluebell, born at level 299 - Hp 6860.1 (44pts), St 2240 (46pts), Ox 980 (39pts), Fo 9142.5 (43pts), We 704 (38pts), Dm 381.5 (45pts), Sp 130% (43pts), To 13216.5 (298)

stats.thumb.jpg.fecc8fabc830d5721f13796537032122.jpg

20171024195847_1.thumb.jpg.c87f7c73af470270b580e8692e62eba6.jpg

20171024195925_1.thumb.jpg.ce9a5c250245f4aa539208d9f351ec1c.jpg

20171024224751_1.thumb.jpg.f9bab91a8309c9a135582dbbda83834b.jpg

Quite pleased with this, it's been a lot of work. I'm still on the look out for better wild stats to breed in constantly, but for now, my Thyla breeding has reached where I can go with it.

Mystique is that you? (Syntac reference)

44 minutes ago, Tjerkeman said:

Mystique is that you? (Syntac reference)

Pretty sure Mystique has purple on the top rather than the black. :P I prefer it with the black. 

1 minute ago, Antitheft2 said:

I don't get the reference sorry. Syntac as in the guy who does videos on Youtube?

Yeah Syntac the youtuber or what ever you call them.

1 minute ago, AngrySaltire said:

Pretty sure Mystique has purple on the top rather than the black. :P I prefer it with the black. 

Yeah Syntac the youtuber or what ever you call them.

Ahh, Google reveals all. Definitely not a copy of that as I didn't know it existed, I've seen Syntac in a couple of other peoples videos but never watched any of his (maybe I should).

The back of Bluebell is dark blue (I got a VERY dark blue back mutation a while back which I thought suited the bright blue body perfectly). I was going to add a light blue belly, but liked the natural white on it so left it alone. My wife's ones are fully mutated, but Bluebell only has the two colour mutations.

7 minutes ago, Antitheft2 said:

Ahh, Google reveals all. Definitely not a copy of that as I didn't know it existed, I've seen Syntac in a couple of other peoples videos but never watched any of his (maybe I should).

The back of Bluebell is dark blue (I got a VERY dark blue back mutation a while back which I thought suited the bright blue body perfectly). I was going to add a light blue belly, but liked the natural white on it so left it alone. My wife's ones are fully mutated, but Bluebell only has the two colour mutations.

Been watching quiet a bit of syntac recently. Is where alot of my inspiration for breeding for mutations has come from.

Ah wasnt sure if it was black or dark blue. Love the blue and love how you kept the natural white underneath. Sometimes I think less is more with some of the colour mutations. I think some of the fully mutated ones are a bit too much.

3 minutes ago, AngrySaltire said:

Been watching quiet a bit of syntac recently. Is where alot of my inspiration for breeding for mutations has come from.

Ah wasnt sure if it was black or dark blue. Love the blue and love how you kept the natural white underneath. Sometimes I think less is more with some of the colour mutations. I think some of the fully mutated ones are a bit too much.

Ah I think I know where I know the name Syntac from, is he the one that does videos with TagBackTV sometimes? I watch a LOT of Tag's videos.

I'd previously toyed around with the light blue belly on a blue body (although admittedly on a darker blue body) and it just didn't quite hit all the right buttons for me.

20170806211026_1.thumb.jpg.e9cf7337b6e3aa8b3e8a8f4934f40616.jpg

Then Bluebell's ancestor came along a few weeks ago.

20171018233531_1.thumb.jpg.e6fbf7e01d83ca4ca779745fcd8bfa6d.jpg

I spent ages breeding in the dark blue back stripes but decided I liked the white belly so left it. While at the same time I had another breeding line going trying to combine all my highest stats. Combining the two breeding lines was the challenge and took a LOT of time and attempts. Bluebell is 23rd generation but worth every long hour (even on my servers accelerated rates). I lost count a LONG time ago of how many babies have ended up in our troughs. xD

• 2 weeks later...

Finally found a couple of wilds last night (both 145's) that had stats higher than Bluebell (and "Blue" her offspring that I 100% imprinted).

"Gary" has a 45pt HP stat I need to breed in (current best is 44pts) and "Larry" has a 44pt weight stat (current best is 38pts).

Gonna start trying to breed these two into the same line tonight, let the games comence again lol

• 11 months later...

for all land / water dinos I always go for 45+ per stat since that's 7 stats = 315 without mutations, my thylas right now are 300 with no mutes and missing a good stam stat. When it comes to ANYTHING that's a flyer since they have 6 stats (no speed) it's a little easier to get 50+ so my rule for fliers is 50+ in a stat! so a 300+ base lvl with no mutes. 

If anyone's wondering the best place to farm thylas for stats check out my video :D

Archived