Raising a giga question.

ImmortalZeal

17 hours ago, ducttapefixeseverything said:

Nope. Not at all. But to try to argue that food loss is not steady, that hp loss is not steady, and that if you stay away and offline for longer than it takes for food and hp loss while a baby is being raised to kill it, well, you would be just denying the truth. Your baby was rendered by someone, causing it to eat and heal. Simple as that. Babies do not eat when derendered. You had a tribemate online, an ally visit, or an enemy was scouting. No other explanation. 

Please do not give out false info on this site. The forums here have gone down the drain far enough. You basically called OP a liar in his own thread.

Didn't call OP a liar, keep adding words to my mouth i did not say. 7% percent and filling up its inventory with food and logging off till next morning. any baby giga will not make it. He just did not have the correct buffer for it to reach to 10% so it can eat from the troughs.

As for you you, yeah I'll say it.... ducttapefixeseverything you are a LIAR! telling people that, "babies do not eat unless rendered in. " is false information.

3 hours ago, Drinkinthepink said:

The amount of time it takes to raise a giga is fine.... it's the 3-4hr imprint timer that's the really unhealthy issue which needs to be fixed. It's a hard fix, as simply doubling the imprint times doesn't work for short duration breeds like pteras.

I think the simple fix is to allow tribe members to imprint on official.  This is an option on dedicated after-all so it's simply a decision that WC could make if they chose to...

13 minutes ago, TotalMayhem310 said:

Didn't call OP a liar, keep adding words to my mouth i did not say. 7% percent and filling up its inventory with food and logging off till next morning. any baby giga will not make it. He just did not have the correct buffer for it to reach to 10% so it can eat from the troughs.

As for you you, yeah I'll say it.... ducttapefixeseverything you are a LIAR! telling people that, "babies do not eat unless rendered in. " is false information.

Played with the dev kit much have you?

Babies go into the new version of stasis. Until rendered in. Try again.

Order of items applied upon render are dinos, status effects,structures, then spoilage, THEN the closest dino eats until full. Then the next closest dino, and so on. If you log off and your babies do not get rendered in nefore food hits zero and hp hits zero they will die.

This has been well known for some time.

Oh, wait, you're on xbox. You don't get to use the dev kit tool. Never mind, i thought you might have some idea of what you were talking aboit.

Clarification, ALL dinos go into the new version of stasis. It is easy to test. Simply put a dino where no one goes for acouple of days with low food. Then render it in. Insta death.

The servers do not remember the status of creatures or structures until render. Then it has to load it all.

It is why upon loading into large bases you will see trees and rocks that you know were not there. Once render is complete, the trees and stuff disappear. 

It is why the devs keep nerfing speed. So people cannot get inside of bases due to render lag.

Think what you like though. 

If you logged with dinos not eating from troughs, and they lived, someone rendered your base in. 

But thats your problem to figure out who.

30 minutes ago, ducttapefixeseverything said:

Played with the dev kit much have you?

Babies go into the new version of stasis. Until rendered in. Try again.

Order of items applied upon render are dinos, status effects,structures, then spoilage, THEN the closest dino eats until full. Then the next closest dino, and so on. If you log off and your babies do not get rendered in nefore food hits zero and hp hits zero they will die.

This has been well known for some time.

Oh, wait, you're on xbox. You don't get to use the dev kit tool. Never mind, i thought you might have some idea of what you were talking aboit.

I gave you a facepalm, not because you're right/wrong, but because you're rude.

54 minutes ago, Drinkinthepink said:

I gave you a facepalm, not because you're right/wrong, but because you're rude.

I dont respond well to insults from people with zero knowledge of game mechanics. I politely gave him the answer a few posts back on how his gigas lived long enough to reach juvie. He responded by calling me a liar.

Its not my fault the game is programmed this way, but it is this guys fault for not looking up readily available info before posting and ignoring ummmm..six months worth of the game using the new stasis and his rude accusation.

The info has been on this very forum for months. His continual failure to absorb information is his failing, not mine.  

I've strayed too far off topic in this post. Take the info and use it or don't.

If you don't like the way the game works, well, I didn't change the programming to do those things you don't like. 

The devs did. I just explained what they did because the devs won't tell you the changes.

Patch notes. We stopped laughing at that joke a very long time ago.

On 19/10/2017 at 10:55 AM, Drinkinthepink said:

Except if you want 100% imprint, which you need 90%+ if you want a "good" giga.

If you want imprint, you will not get a 7hour sleep for 8-12 days depending on when you hatch. And that is unhealthy. They could double the imprint timer, make it 6-8hrs for double % and we wouldn't have to lose R.E.M. sleep to raise a giga/tuso

As I said, I created several Gigas in my games. As an experiment I can say that with a minimum of 70% of imprint already it raises a very good Giga. Of course 100% would be great, but with 70% we already have a Giga with 28K HP and 230+ melee (if born with 180 melee which is a low number).

I just did my first giga a few days ago, currently at 40%. 

giga eats one stack of raw meat in 10 mins.    6 stacks per hour roughly.

cooked meat seems to be 7 1/2 mins per stack. 

I only need two troughs to get him through each night.  one of raw meat and one of cooked.  I have a tek trough that holds 100 stacks of cooked which he will eat after eating all the raw meat out of the troughs. 

I found at 5% he could hold about 2 hrs worth of food.   at 7 1/2% he could hold 4hrs.    kibble weighs the same as meat just has a higher food value and lower spoilage.  so kibble using kibble I found only extends by 30mins over raw meat.    basically plan to wake up after a 2 hr nap, then after a 4 hr nap, should be smooth sailing from there.

• 3 months later...
On 19/10/2017 at 12:28 AM, Aushegun said:

And that time Sink described, is exactly why I will never try to hatch a Giga.  A game should not endanger your health, by forcing you to play for 15 hours. or wake up every 2 hours during the night.  Come on WC, fix this.

Bruh I think the games meant to be played in tribes but who knows 

Archived