HELP I NEED A BASE LOCATION

GivemHavok

If you're on The Island, I always go for the south haven (AKA herbivore island) People may say that there's no reason to live there, but it is easily defended (less cover for attackers, and it's easy to see an attack Quetz coming) plus Titans, Gigas, Brontos, and Rexes have a hard time getting over there (downright impossible for titans and gigas) Also, so long as you build on the peninsulas or mini islands only, you have a decent metal supply. Plus, no pegos or seagulls, and no aggressive creatures to kill your tames while you're offline.

1 minute ago, RowletAlex said:

If you're on The Island, I always go for the south haven (AKA herbivore island) People may say that there's no reason to live there, but it is easily defended (less cover for attackers, and it's easy to see an attack Quetz coming) plus Titans, Gigas, Brontos, and Rexes have a hard time getting over there (downright impossible for titans and gigas) Also, so long as you build on the peninsulas or mini islands only, you have a decent metal supply. Plus, no pegos or seagulls, and no aggressive creatures to kill your tames while you're offline.

war mosas with turrets (rocket turrets/cannons) make short work of a island base tho

2 minutes ago, RowletAlex said:

Ahh, good point. You could also build near the cliffs, where you're practically surrounded by rock, but that might block some metal spawns (never tried it myself, so I may be wrong)

there is just no such thing as "best spot"

the only thing that matter is:

what do i need alot, and howfar is it to get.

metal, obsidian, crystal are important

but so is wood, so is stone

every resouce is important. on herbivore islans you'll have allmost no wood, so no charcoal for you unless you move out

59 minutes ago, raptorjesus666 said:

there is just no such thing as "best spot"

the only thing that matter is:

what do i need alot, and howfar is it to get.

metal, obsidian, crystal are important

but so is wood, so is stone

every resouce is important. on herbivore islans you'll have allmost no wood, so no charcoal for you unless you move out

We were alpha on an island server for a time before official release. We had many bases but main one was on herb island. Biggest issue was lack of metal nearby. Wood was no big deal, we just flew/swam a beaver over to the main land and wasn't too difficult. Metal on the other hand was a pain to get and that was back when you could boost flyer speed and harvest unlimited metal with a ramp quetz and anky combo. Can't imagine doing metal runs from herb island now...

I'm at 22, 64 or in that general area. On the resource map, it's one of the few spots with no important nodes nearby whatsoever. However, there's a ton of stone and wood.

It's literally right next to the start of the ice glaciers, that lead to the winter's mouth mountain. It was hard to gather metal at first, but I tamed a 70 dire wolf and I ride to Far's peak to get my metal now. 

Its a good location, literally no one nearby but there were some raided buildings whose tribes have been gone for months. It's safe

Archived