Are you buying aberation?

Rubberduck

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not right away anyway, if ever. Would like the game fixed before they try and get more money out of us. Fixing the broken mess they have already sold us does not seem to be a priority for them. Getting more money is though. If the game wasn't so broken and ran like garbage it would sell more and get them more money that way while keeping their fans (which seems to really hate them) more happy.

1 hour ago, Jem450R said:

No, i wish theyd stop working on raptoring add ons and focus on getting the actual game to work... currently been trying to connct to my own server for 1/2 hour and havent been able too. Get the core game working then maybe you can fleece me for more money...

are you a PC player? if so connecting to your own server is not the dev's issue thats your server provider you need to contact them and tell them to fix your server or switch your host provider. The Ark Dev's are not in control of personal servers only the ones they run

6 hours ago, Cirilla227 said:

are you a PC player? if so connecting to your own server is not the dev's issue thats your server provider you need to contact them and tell them to fix your server or switch your host provider. The Ark Dev's are not in control of personal servers only the ones they run

Xbox one... so many issues they need to clean up...

10 minutes ago, Jem450R said:

Xbox one... so many issues they need to clean up...

yeh thats the issue with the console they honestly released it to soon for console problem is its not steam they are sending updates through its Microsoft. I do understand people's frustration with the devs but in the end its a PC game that was made compatible for consoles and was done before the full release on PC or of the game at all. They should have not released it to console till they figured stuff out cause they have to work with Sony and Microsoft also so that delays updates as well and those companies can be a pain when it comes to getting patches out. I waited over 6 weeks for them to allow a patch to go through for Fallout 4 and that was a nightmare. Im glad they are making it available to everyone on all platforms but at this point the PC version really has non of the issues that I'm hearing from the console players unless your PC just can't handle the game. So now they are just trying to deal with getting things fixed for the console people and i hope they do soon.

On 19/10/2017 at 12:13 PM, AtillaWalker said:

Won't buy it at least for some time, probably never.

Stopped playing one month before release after 1200h of playing since the beginning of EA to start fresh again, which I normally did every 2-3 months to refresh the feeling of the game (actually liked pre-nerf Troodons, an actual danger). Was hyped for Dino TLC and Kibble rework short after release and for a "big surprize". 

Aaaaand still here, waiting for:

1. TLC pass

2. Kibble rework

3. General Dino AI (feels like a placeholder)

4. Sea creatures AI (same, in addition they won't even fight each other, only land creatures, you and ichtys)

5. Dino Combat rework (1 button mashing, AOE biting, Seriously? How do you AOE bite anything bigger than cornflakes, which is not biting but swallowing anyway)

6. Player Melee combat rework (same: 1 button, aoe hits)

7. Stat leveling rebalance with diminishing returns (that's a subjective one, but still will solve many problems)

8. Character's face customization (not gameplay related, but I expected it to be in released game)

9. Dino clipping their parts through structures and inside each other fix

10. Rendering order fix (scanning bases, falling/phasing dinos)

10. Player Animations remake (look like a placeholder)

11. Building system and snap points fixes (look like a placeholder without S+)

Did't see that "surprize" either (I hope it wasn't Overseer).

I tried to stay away from mentioning official servers state, attack/defence balance and other MP related things, which are not perfect either.

Just to clarify: I don't hate the game, I liked it while I played, even bought SE DLC right after its launch. The problem is, all these points were tolerable for a EA title, but NOT for released game. If you call it release and slap a full price on it, have a finished core. Well, at least I hope that all mentioned points are not in their final state.

Edit: wow, that quickly became longer than expected.

Comprehensive post.

I agree with every single point you raise here.... During EA its perfectly acceptable to have placeholder stuff in place of the final version but wildcard seem to have forgotten that much of the game is just a rough sketch and pushed out a launch that was seriously premature.

This isnt the end of the world and happens even with big studios, however its worth noteing that games that are launched well before they are ready because of production/financial etc pressures generally tank really hard. Really quickly.

When you are charging 20 bucks and still in EA people will bear with you. When your chargeing full price and the game is "live" they are much less forgiving.

I have money to spend on Ark. Core Ark. Would love to help fund the continued development of what could still be a worthy title.

I do NOT have money for more bells and whistles.

I dont care about another map if people are still getting under the mesh in the ones we have already.

I dont care about new dinos when the ones we already have still randomly fall through the ground never to be seen again.

I dont care about new servers for abberation when the ones we have chug along like they are hosted on a multi-threaded toaster.

The way forward? I honestly dont know. If you watch the devcon video you get an insight into how WC gauges customer sentiment: you can see that people online (i think that call it CCU?) is the ONLY metric they listen to... maybe they will notice the decline and take action?

Heres hoping.

On 19/10/2017 at 4:13 AM, AtillaWalker said:

Won't buy it at least for some time, probably never.

Stopped playing one month before release after 1200h of playing since the beginning of EA to start fresh again, which I normally did every 2-3 months to refresh the feeling of the game (actually liked pre-nerf Troodons, an actual danger). Was hyped for Dino TLC and Kibble rework short after release and for a "big surprize". 

Aaaaand still here, waiting for:

1. TLC pass

2. Kibble rework

3. General Dino AI (feels like a placeholder)

4. Sea creatures AI (same, in addition they won't even fight each other, only land creatures, you and ichtys)

5. Dino Combat rework (1 button mashing, AOE biting, Seriously? How do you AOE bite anything bigger than cornflakes, which is not biting but swallowing anyway)

6. Player Melee combat rework (same: 1 button, aoe hits)

7. Stat leveling rebalance with diminishing returns (that's a subjective one, but still will solve many problems)

8. Character's face customization (not gameplay related, but I expected it to be in released game)

9. Dino clipping their parts through structures and inside each other fix

10. Rendering order fix (scanning bases, falling/phasing dinos)

10. Player Animations remake (look like a placeholder)

11. Building system and snap points fixes (look like a placeholder without S+)

Did't see that "surprize" either (I hope it wasn't Overseer).

I tried to stay away from mentioning official servers state, attack/defence balance and other MP related things, which are not perfect either.

Just to clarify: I don't hate the game, I liked it while I played, even bought SE DLC right after its launch. The problem is, all these points were tolerable for a EA title, but NOT for released game. If you call it release and slap a full price on it, have a finished core. Well, at least I hope that all mentioned points are not in their final state.

Edit: wow, that quickly became longer than expected.

32 minutes ago, onetwothree said:

Comprehensive post.

I agree with every single point you raise here.... During EA its perfectly acceptable to have placeholder stuff in place of the final version but wildcard seem to have forgotten that much of the game is just a rough sketch and pushed out a launch that was seriously premature.

This isnt the end of the world and happens even with big studios, however its worth noteing that games that are launched well before they are ready because of production/financial etc pressures generally tank really hard. Really quickly.

When you are charging 20 bucks and still in EA people will bear with you. When your chargeing full price and the game is "live" they are much less forgiving.

I have money to spend on Ark. Core Ark. Would love to help fund the continued development of what could still be a worthy title.

I do NOT have money for more bells and whistles.

I dont care about another map if people are still getting under the mesh in the ones we have already.

I dont care about new dinos when the ones we already have still randomly fall through the ground never to be seen again.

I dont care about new servers for abberation when the ones we have chug along like they are hosted on a multi-threaded toaster.

The way forward? I honestly dont know. If you watch the devcon video you get an insight into how WC gauges customer sentiment: you can see that people online (i think that call it CCU?) is the ONLY metric they listen to... maybe they will notice the decline and take action?

Heres hoping.

Seems like theese two got some nice points,

Beside

overfilled servers, i know you dont want to region lock, but it would help alot,

dinolimit, lag,

Limit the amount of tribes/person pr server, so there isnt 700 unique users on a 70 player server, that might leave space to build, and less reason to pillar.

I like the game, but it could be handle so much better , and could be a really awesome game also on official

But getting a bit grumpy when we hear nothing from devs about those issues, and only about twitchcon, aberation, some random paintings etc.

On 10/17/2017 at 9:44 AM, Rubberduck said:

Are you buying dlc, seems like a huge population in pc pve especially is waiting to see if the care about pve at all, due to full servers at start, now on tamelimit on several servers,  way to crowded servers, Very laggy servers etc.. People seems unsure thaat they can even deliver even a place to play core game on new servers. 

what do you think ?

You want the DLC for PvE? You talk about full servers and servers that are lagged out.  Guess what, your PvE is WHY the server is lagged out to death.  All the dinos that are tamed, tribes with max dino counts, structures every 20 feet. Yes....THAT is why the servers are lagged out. Has nothing to do with if they care about PvE. This game was designed around PvE if you had payed any attention for the last 2 years.

Here's a little advice; if you don't want completely lagged out servers, then stop building 100' of buildings that house 100's of dinos where your cap limit is always maxed. and don't have 100 tribes doing the same exact thing.  That is the limitation of this game engine, whether you like it or not. Some of us have figured out what NOT to do. Get with the times!  Oh, and play PvP,. not PvE...a lot less clutter that way :D

5 hours ago, Dedzone said:

You want the DLC for PvE? You talk about full servers and servers that are lagged out.  Guess what, your PvE is WHY the server is lagged out to death.  All the dinos that are tamed, tribes with max dino counts, structures every 20 feet. Yes....THAT is why the servers are lagged out. Has nothing to do with if they care about PvE. This game was designed around PvE if you had payed any attention for the last 2 years.

Here's a little advice; if you don't want completely lagged out servers, then stop building 100' of buildings that house 100's of dinos where your cap limit is always maxed. and don't have 100 tribes doing the same exact thing.  That is the limitation of this game engine, whether you like it or not. Some of us have figured out what NOT to do. Get with the times!  Oh, and play PvP,. not PvE...a lot less clutter that way :D

Guess again, none have max dinos, and still servers are full, we are talking about new one, with 200+ tribes on each due to the few servers, 

Does any of it really matter anymore? Once again the team that has been a shining example of what not to do when making a game has dropped the ball... the DLC release has been pushed back. I am mildly ashamed to admit that I laughed when I heard the news, then I started laughing even harder after remembering that a friend bet me $50 that it would release on time. Now, the truly sad part of this latest disappointment is when you stop and think about all of the wasted time and resources that the Devs could have used to fix their game. I know that some people are going to jump up and try to defend the Devs and to those people I would like to ask one simple question.... Why do you constantly defend them? Their feelings towards everyone has been made perfectly clear through their actions. They don't care about any of us.... unless of course, we're holding out money for them to slip into their pockets. Then they pretend to actually care about what we think.

I bought the season pass the moment it hit the steam store, no regrets. As I approach 7k hours on Ark, my interest still remains very strong.

Even though I have withdrawn from scorched earth (simply due to too many bases/servers to maintain), I still feel like it is an amazing map with great features. Aberration looks to go beyond that and I anticipate that at the very least, it will be just as great, if not better.

I love the no flyer aspect. Some of my favorite moments playing Ark were on the ground watching my back and doing the best I could to travel safely. As someone who has Tek Tier on farm status, I look forward to revisit that feeling without feeling like I have to start fresh to get that experience.

Bioluminescense chamber looks incredibly beautiful and I really hope to have my base there!

Got the season pass.  I have 1500 hours logged in Ark (embarrassing, I know).  Enjoyed Scorched Earth, and Abberration looks fantastic.  I run my own private server for me and my friends, so I don't have to worry about the issues on official servers.  One of my friends has already indicated that he is going to get it and wants a new server for it.  I'm just hoping that they don't gut S+.  I seldom run into major issues while playing, so I'm not upset.

On 10/19/2017 at 12:38 AM, Dark2084 said:

I have no intention of giving the Devs any more of my money until they actually fix the game. I'm not being unreasonable as I fully understand that no matter what they do there will always be bugs/glitches in the game, you can find them in any game that's out right now. When I sit here day after day and can't play and enjoy the game because the lag is so bad you can't move or you're trying to raise dinos and they starve to death with and inventory full of food... well to me that says the Devs don't care about the players. They don't want to talk to the players, and I don't mean by posting a huge scripted "letter" saying how sorry they are but they're working on it. I'm talking about actually responding to the players. Step down off of their pedastools and be honest when people ask why things aren't being fixed. Stop trying to deflect honest questions by promising new content. Just fix your game already. If you don't have the money to do it then come out and tell us you don't. Stop hiding like a child that just got caught stealing cookies and actually grow a pair. Tell all of us the truth about why things are the way they are. Give us more servers and improve the game so we can end the lag (or at least most of it) and for the love of all that's holy.... fix the mess your incompentance has caused.

Hopefully a lot more people feel this way and it hits them where it hurts (the wallet) and they actually do something about this mess :(

24 minutes ago, Rubberduck said:

@Jen @Jatheish you should read all of this thread from your community and pass it on to the relevant people inside company

You're so smart, Rubberduck!! What a brilliant idea!!! Without you tagging them, Jen and Jat would have never realized that some people aren't happy with the game! Now that they know, the possibilities are limitless. Limitless I tell you!!!!!

I dont think i would buy the dlc abberation, I dont want to fork my money out to this company that has trouble maintaining its servers in general. In my opinion they released the game as a full game wayy too early and have after deleting so many servers people played on only to release a few servers for everyone to swarm. With what they have provided in the game so far as well with the servers being down and buggs going on all the time people losing their tribes and dinos, I dont think i can justify purchasing an dlc that would most likely add to the problems that are already occurring. Love the game, but damn there is soo much wrong with it. I personally will stick to SE and Rag till this game can finally figure its stuff out and then maybe... MAYBE... ill consider buying dlc.

Archived