Are you buying aberation?

Rubberduck

7 hours ago, Orion said:

Been supporting, defending and playing ARK since it's release for Xbox One.

Though I honestly won't be purchasing Aberration, for the simple fact that Wild Card is hardly showing any real progress in terms of communication with the community and overall transparency when they use loose words and values in patch notes. A very recent, and clean example of this is; when Wild Card introduced a Hard level cap to Tame Dinos on Officials... but that's all they said. Simply that there is a hard level cap, it was left up to the players to undergo testing on Officials to find out that the cap was 450. If you level a Dino even a single level beyond 450(451) it will quite literally "poof" in front of your eyes, thus making the maximum level you can hatch a Baby and fully level it a 382 (450 after 73).

Do I care that they make these changes? No, honestly. I believe they have good intentions behind the changes.
What I do care about is that they are virtually solid when it comes to transparency with the values regarding the changes. It was truly messed up to not give it a definite value, and instead forced many players to simply have their tames deleted.

It is safe to assume that thing was added to the game as last defence line preventing incompetent CS employee to spawn another +1000 lvl dinosaur like they did in the past. It does not excuse WC for not mentioning that change in any shape or form openly.

They are so bad at communication that I do not believe any word that comes from Community Managers' mouths nowadays. On the other side you can't be bad at communication, when regular communication with playebase does not exsist...

4 hours ago, Rubberduck said:

This one should have more likes :-D ... @Jatheish @Jen @Eli @Stark You should all do your community a favour and read through all comments in  this thread, both good and bad ones,  Seems like we love your game but you leave alot of questions

Believe me, nothing that was said here will affect Jessy or Jeremy, WC's bosses. Jat or Jen would only post another empty promise about "improving communication just when X feature/whatever is done".  I have enough of their empty words. It's high time to act.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Orion said:

Been supporting, defending and playing ARK since it's release for Xbox One.

Though I honestly won't be purchasing Aberration, for the simple fact that Wild Card is hardly showing any real progress in terms of communication with the community and overall transparency when they use loose words and values in patch notes. A very recent, and clean example of this is; when Wild Card introduced a Hard level cap to Tame Dinos on Officials... but that's all they said. Simply that there is a hard level cap, it was left up to the players to undergo testing on Officials to find out that the cap was 450. If you level a Dino even a single level beyond 450(451) it will quite literally "poof" in front of your eyes, thus making the maximum level you can hatch a Baby and fully level it a 382 (450 after 73).

Do I care that they make these changes? No, honestly. I believe they have good intentions behind the changes.
What I do care about is that they are virtually solid when it comes to transparency with the values regarding the changes. It was truly messed up to not give it a definite value, and instead forced many players to simply have their tames deleted.

i'm not so positive on your max wild lvl

a dilo can level up only 71 times i believe (or was it changed to 73?)

so that would mean that in order to fully level a dino, the max baby level should be 379(71 lvl ups) or 377 (73 lvl ups)

also the reason why they implent the max level in first place: ragnarok

there was an exploit in ragnarok where dinos that spawned higher then lvl 150 (cave dinos for example) could be tamed

people tamed lvl 300 direbears etc, with kibble/honey/mutton that is a lvl 400+ base level dino, those exploited dino stats were used to breed etc giving a way too strong dino. the lvl cap of 450 "deleted" most of these dinos but i know plenty of breeders who bred in lower stats on purpose to reduce the overall level, while still keeping the vital stats (weight, health, stamina and damage) but with laughable food and oxygen to "tank" the level

Nooooooope. Why should I buy another DLC.... I barely play the last money grab DLC map. Which needs work, along with other serious issues the developers need to address.
Seriously though this Lag Simulator 2k17 is a joke. There are other games that have been out for a fraction of the time Ark has been and those games are just as stable if not more so.

I've completely lost confidence and faith in the Ark Devs. They are just too money hungry and busy to be bothered to fix their poop.
While i do understand your reasoning for not wanting it all i have to say is i bave been playing games since n64 and this is the first game with this dynamicc that i have found enjoyible its also the first game i have played with so many creative possibilities besides minecraft but personally if i look at it minecraft barely touches the league of gaming that ark does

To people that keep saying that everything but the map will be available without buying Abberation, you might be wrong.

Before I purchased the Season pass, I tried to admin spawn those preorder skins in on my server , like I have been able to do with every other skin, and it did not work. There was no way of getting those skins without buying the Season pass.

It could be the same with the new creatures and items as well.

On 17/10/2017 at 6:10 PM, Keogh said:

Maybe gonna wait an see if it actually works first,seeing as how WC has been conducting business lately? but in all honesty I'm not really bothered to buy more DLC for ark until they get the Base game under control I've hit my limit supporting WC until they actually start listening to their community,I think I can speak for most when I say nobody cares about DLC as such we just want the original game to work.... 

This x1000

Archived