Are you buying aberation?

Rubberduck

• Volunteer Moderator
4 minutes ago, WolfeUK said:

I supported them on both pc and xbox with EA, got the DLC on pc and xbox, yet when release came about we had to buy it again if we wanted the appendix book, thats not looking after your EA players....

You could have waited a bit more since they did say they would speak to the people in charge of distributing the collectors edition items if a "no game" version of said edition would be coming into circulation.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, ciabattaroll said:

You could have waited a bit more since they did say they would speak to the people in charge of distributing the collectors edition items if a "no game" version of said edition would be coming into circulation.

Curious to why you think we should have to wait ? do you think all we gamer's want to do is wait all the time, they had plenty of time in EA to sort this out, do you honestly think we wouldn't be upset over this on release ?

Last time i support these guys, i wont be spending another penny of their stuff.....

Will not be purchasing the new DLC.  As a PVE player I feel that the Timers on the Obi/trans make 1. Boss fights not worth doing because the only reason I wanted to do them were for the transmitters and 2. There are timers on the transmitters/drops/obelisks which makes playing multiple maps entirely inconvenient.   I don't even care about the new expansion tbh, in the face of how much I hate the way they handled official release.   (Short notice for legacy players, introducing timers the last day for transferring, lack of communication, lack of PC servers for PVE players).   

I personally won't purchase it, but one of my friends says I have to play it with him and get a server, so I told him if that's the case then he can gift it, otherwise I'm not playing it. I just can't see spending $20 on a game that has a lot of issues. It's like investing into a ship that's sinking IMO. Once they start to show they can compress files better, and optimize the game so the FPS is actually half decent, there's no reason to really spend more money. With the current state of the game, I'm playing because I still have fun on it on my own unofficial server, but once something else comes out that I can have fun on I'll gladly leave this game behind. Maybe somewhere down the road they may address those two main issues.

• Volunteer Moderator
42 minutes ago, WolfeUK said:

Curious to why you think we should have to wait ? do you think all we gamer's want to do is wait all the time, they had plenty of time in EA to sort this out, do you honestly think we wouldn't be upset over this on release ?

Last time i support these guys, i wont be spending another penny of their stuff.....

Because the complaint becomes a non issue if the only thing that caused you to spend more money was impatience. That they even considered if it would be feasible to do a "merchandise only" edition pretty much points out that they do indeed consider the early access players.

2 hours ago, Cataclisto said:

You can spawn in all Scorched Earth tames in the singleplayer island map yourself or get mods that do it for you and spawn/add them in (and add engrams/ or unlock them with commands) or find maps that have the desert content (like Ragnarok) and play it "without" ever owning the dlc. Even the dossiers can be obtained from scorched when you don't own it. When/if the content is fixed on scorched it affects all the maps too and they need to be taken down for the fixes. Everything "except" the map is the core/base game. When you buy the dlc you only unlock the download to the map file since you and everyone else already have the rest of the content that is in it.

This is the reason why I typed that above, disagree with it if you want. And yes I do agree with the stuff we have now doesn't work too. To me it looks like they officially released the game to "avoid" all the early access hate posts that scorched earth obtained based on the timing of the dlc release and official release.

You dont seem to understand: expansions are NEW CONTENT before the expansion is released none of the new dinos ,engrams etc are available anywhere. At all.

Once the expansion is released all of the NEW CONTENT is added to base game regardless of whether or not you bought the expansion or not. The fact you can use the new items/etc on the island server without buying the expac is 100% irrelevant. Its still NEW. It wasnt there before the expac release and then the whole new load of stuff is added on top of what we already had.

Im all for new content. Love it. Always a good idea to add new fun stuff, the trouble arises when the EXISITING CONTENT doesnt work as intended.

Its extremely basic proceedure to ensure that what you have already works properly before you add to it. If your base structure is unsound everything you build on top of that will also be shaky...

This in essence is where WC have fallen down... they need more money and are trapped by the DLC only payment model. The only way to bring in more money is to add more DLC for people to buy. The problem is most people wont pay for NEW CONTENT when the EXISITING CONTENT simply does not function properly.

I honestly dont see how to fix this. (Some/Most??) People dont want a subscription model anymore it seems but the devs need more money to finish the core game and pay for the servers

Anybody have any ideas?

Nope, not buying it. Too steep a price, and other than missing out on the map, all the other stuff it'll bring will eventually be a mod I can add to my server for me to enjoy.

Plus I'm not really liking the direction the devs are taking...I like content, but there's still a lot more polish and fixes the base game can get before I start patting them on the back again.

4 hours ago, ChargingParacerParacer said:

I always wait to buy DLC and watch people on youtube/twitch play the content to help decide if its actually worth my money.

Even without that though when it comes to Wildcard no I'm not giving them a penny more of mine until they fix the flyers that they clearly are wrong about 'fixing' ( Add a simple option to Singeplayer &unofficials ) and start getting better at being Devs in general. Get optimization sorted out for the people who play multiplayer, fix the crashes and glitches that have been around since the beginning. Don't lie to customers like when you said you weren't going to delete old servers only to slap a legacy sticker on them, say you won't fix em anymore then delete them anyways because people stop playing them because they arent being worked on, and for the love of all that is holy do something actually inventive and fun with boss battles. Act like the big league game makers the 60$ asking price and 10 or 20 or whatever tries to imp'y that yall are.

They addressed the fliers in the newsletter for last week. There is an update coming between Aberrations and DLC #3 that is a dino TLC pass which will involve a rebalancing of the tech tree (e.g. so that lances don't cost more than industrial grills). They are also fixing hitboxes on dinos, as well as giving more options to server admins to balance dinos. One type of balance that I am looking forward to is capping certain stats so that a flier can be trained in speed up to 200% instead of unlimited... oh yes and they are unlocking the flying speed without needing to use classic fliers. 

The devs are listening to us, just not at the speed, we would all like. If you are feeling burnt out on ARK go play something else for 6 months and come back. I did exactly that and was amazed at how much better the game runs now compared to how it did back a year ago. 

2 hours ago, ciabattaroll said:

Because the complaint becomes a non issue if the only thing that caused you to spend more money was impatience. That they even considered if it would be feasible to do a "merchandise only" edition pretty much points out that they do indeed consider the early access players.

The word 'consider', i'll tell you what then, i will 'consider' buying any more from them, cause we know what the word 'consider' means dont we.....

Its also not about patience, its about the fact they didnt think of use when they released the game where you had to buy the game again to get all the goodies, they only 'considered' selling the goodies on there own when they saw how many EA players where upset over this, so dont give me that poop about being impatient, and from what i can see you can still buy the full pack, so guess it didnt sell well, and we all know what that means dont we.....

Like i said at the time the best option for us who want the Dossier is to download it and print it off ourselves.

• Volunteer Moderator
5 minutes ago, WolfeUK said:

they only 'considered' selling the goodies on there own when they saw how many EA players where upset over this

Unless you work for Wildcard, I'm pretty certain we can both admit this is just you making pessimistic speculations rather than factual statements.

1 minute ago, ciabattaroll said:

Unless you work for Wildcard, I'm pretty certain we can both admit this is just you making pessimistic speculations rather than factual statements.

Well no, i follow and read the forums, if i could be bothered i could even find the post where it was talked about, they said considering the amount of EA players who where after the Dossier and other bits they 'might' make it available on its own if the full kits sells well, but it was on the premise of the full kits selling, seeing they are still available it does beg the question. 

And how long do we wait, how long is abit of string, i was after the Dossier because i only know the uses of a few dinos, i want to sit back and relax to this game on my sofa, so having a Dossier would be a great addition to help my game, so do i stop playing till they make it available, or do i continue with going to and fro from the PC till i get to a point where i wont need the Dossier.....games like these dont last forever, a new one will come along and i will move on.

31 minutes ago, hi100040 said:

They addressed the fliers in the newsletter for last week. There is an update coming between Aberrations and DLC #3 that is a dino TLC pass which will involve a rebalancing of the tech tree (e.g. so that lances don't cost more than industrial grills). They are also fixing hitboxes on dinos, as well as giving more options to server admins to balance dinos. One type of balance that I am looking forward to is capping certain stats so that a flier can be trained in speed up to 200% instead of unlimited... oh yes and they are unlocking the flying speed without needing to use classic fliers. 

The devs are listening to us, just not at the speed, we would all like. If you are feeling burnt out on ARK go play something else for 6 months and come back. I did exactly that and was amazed at how much better the game runs now compared to how it did back a year ago. 

That's good about the speed unlock and extra settings then, but it's hard for me to belive a sizable chunk of the coming rebalaces won't just be more nerfs. After all they were originally calling the original nerf I complain about a rebalance too, and although they did give small buffs back to other stats they took away far more than they gave back. True another break from the game will be coming up soon. Ragnarok has been fun and revitalizing over the past few weeks but it's starting to get old too. I haven't felt like playing the past few days.

Man people are rediculois. When SE came out people cried "wah, pay to win!" When Ragnarok came out people cried "wah, we paid to win and now it's available to everyone!". 

Yes I will be buying it because I immensely enjoy playing this game and I also want the story progression.

I'm sure the engrams will become available at a later date but that's really irrelevant to getting both the map and storyline. 

I won't be buying it right away because I want to enjoy Ragnarok more and I'm sure it will go on sale at some point, but I will definitely get it.

• Volunteer Moderator
6 minutes ago, WolfeUK said:

Well no, i follow and read the forums, if i could be bothered i could even find the post where it was talked about, they said considering the amount of EA players who where after the Dossier and other bits they 'might' make it available on its own if the full kits sells well, but it was on the premise of the full kits selling, seeing they are still available it does beg the question. 

And how long do we wait, how long is abit of string, i was after the Dossier because i only know the uses of a few dinos, i want to sit back and relax to this game on my sofa, so having a Dossier would be a great addition to help my game, so do i stop playing till they make it available, or do i continue with going to and fro from the PC till i get to a point where i wont need the Dossier.....games like these dont last forever, a new one will come along and i will move on.

Please refrain from fabricating stories, specially since you say that you follow and read.

Here is the digest regarding the edition in question.

On 8/18/2017 at 4:58 PM, Jen said:

Survivor PaladinKong asks, “Will those who have the game now in early access be able to get the physical items that come with the collectors edition, like the dossier book, without having to buy another copy of the game?”

The company that manufactures & distributes the Collector’s Editions (which is not us directly) has told us that when they sell out, they can manufacture more that are CE-only (and thus cheaper) without the game included. I think we’re close to selling out, so we’ll bug them about it now.

Above is the question regarding said edition and the response to it. Nowhere anywhere in there does it refer to the creation of the "no game" edition being due to "the amount of EA players who were after the Dossier and other bits".

1 hour ago, onetwothree said:

This in essence is where WC have fallen down... they need more money and are trapped by the DLC only payment model. The only way to bring in more money is to add more DLC for people to buy. The problem is most people wont pay for NEW CONTENT when the EXISITING CONTENT simply does not function properly.

I honestly dont see how to fix this. (Some/Most??) People dont want a subscription model anymore it seems but the devs need more money to finish the core game and pay for the servers

Anybody have any ideas?

In game/pre game advertisements might work for wildcard (outside companies will sponsor/pay for servers if they feel they can obtain traffic from it in some method). Youtubers or game networks take the advertisement route for their users to play somewhere at no cost to themselves (minecraft is a great game example for youtubers that do this for their subscribers when they host servers for them, another example is media streaming services with commercials). Though this is a unique/risky route to take for longer timeframes when servers are sponsored (especially when wc has so many officials).

The dlc model will probably stay for a long time.

5 minutes ago, ciabattaroll said:

Please refrain from fabricating stories, specially since you say that you follow and read.

Here is the digest regarding the edition in question.

Above is the question regarding said edition and the response to it. Nowhere anywhere in there does it refer to the creation of the "no game" edition being due to "the amount of EA players who were after the Dossier and other bits".

Excuse me ? whos fabricating storys here ? 

Yes, that was as a response to the outcry of EA players not being able to get the Dossier on its own, you even posted it ??

• Volunteer Moderator
3 minutes ago, WolfeUK said:

Excuse me ? whos fabricating storys here ? 

Yes, that was as a response to the outcry of EA players not being able to get the Dossier on its own, you even posted it ??

Except neither the question nor the answer even talk about this "outcry of EA players not being able to get the dossier". In fact the question quite calmly and clearly just asks if EA players can purchase a CE edition that doesn't come with the game, no protests, no outcries, nothing.

Just now, ciabattaroll said:

Except neither the question nor the answer even talk about this "outcry of EA players not being able to get the dossier". In fact the question quite calmly and clearly just asks if EA players can purchase a CE edition that doesn't come with the game, no protests, no outcries, nothing.

Apart from what you posted was the middle of August, now go back to june/july when it was first talked about...there you will see the outcry from the EA players.

Anyway, me and you are on different pages, i know what i read and saw, i haven't fabricated any story, and as a moderator you should know better than to accuse people of such things!!!

• Volunteer Moderator
15 minutes ago, WolfeUK said:

Apart from what you posted was the middle of August, now go back to june/july when it was first talked about...there you will see the outcry from the EA players.

Anyway, me and you are on different pages, i know what i read and saw, i haven't fabricated any story, and as a moderator you should know better than to accuse people of such things!!!

Just saying, unsourced information operating on pessimistic speculation is hardly the epitome of being a model community member. Though I do admit to being at an impasse on how providing information that proves contrary is somehow bad moderation.

10 minutes ago, ciabattaroll said:

Just saying, unsourced information operating on pessimistic speculation is hardly the epitome of being a model community member. Though I do admit to being at an impasse on how providing information that proves contrary is somehow bad moderation.

Sorry but there are too many big words for me....and on that bombshell i will bid you a farewell 

55 minutes ago, WolfeUK said:

I'm pretty sure I read the same posts you read too WolfeUK. Either here or on Steam forums. I'm not going to even bother trying to find them since some posts just "magically disappear" sometimes.

3 hours ago, onetwothree said:

You dont seem to understand: expansions are NEW CONTENT before the expansion is released none of the new dinos ,engrams etc are available anywhere. At all.

Once the expansion is released all of the NEW CONTENT is added to base game regardless of whether or not you bought the expansion or not. The fact you can use the new items/etc on the island server without buying the expac is 100% irrelevant. Its still NEW. It wasnt there before the expac release and then the whole new load of stuff is added on top of what we already had.

Im all for new content. Love it. Always a good idea to add new fun stuff, the trouble arises when the EXISITING CONTENT doesnt work as intended.

Its extremely basic proceedure to ensure that what you have already works properly before you add to it. If your base structure is unsound everything you build on top of that will also be shaky...

Anybody have any ideas?

Agreed that there's still a lot of fixes to be done. Some old even came back during recent optimization patches... I'm looking at you logging in in the sky, and lockups on base loading.

I doubt money is as big as issue as you think though. Collectors Editions are huge profit makers, and so is the merch like shirts, plushies etc... DLC is less about profit/cash flow and more about keeping the Brand alive and user base active so you can sell the other stuff.

In this case I honestly believe it's more about their excitement to put out the next chapter in the Ark world. I bet we see the biggest improvements/fixes after the third dlc next year... Their priorities are always content first.

3 hours ago, Ulta said:

Nope, not buying it. Too steep a price, and other than missing out on the map, all the other stuff it'll bring will eventually be a mod I can add to my server for me to enjoy.

Plus I'm not really liking the direction the devs are taking...I like content, but there's still a lot more polish and fixes the base game can get before I start patting them on the back again.

Shocked you of all people aren't first in line for that Glow Pug! ?

Archived