Are you buying aberation?

Rubberduck

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yup. Bought it. Going to enjoy it. I have personally enjoyed the 1000 or so hours I have put into the game and don't see that changing. Devs are talented and passionate about what they do.
I had the same thoughts about 1000 hours in but I can confirm after another 3000 I wish I never bought the game. Haha I guess I don't really mean that but I really wish I would of held off on defending all the devs through these years. Official servers are ridiculous and dealing with crashing and corruption issues on player dedicated kinda always seems like choosing between two evils when trying to find a server. Basically to sum things up I'll say I'm not getting the dlc but will reluctantly get it.

I'll buy it if they lower the price some for its birthday, {I know the 33% off and everything if you own se and get pass, but its still a risk if you get something when you cant play it properly, especially seeing how they abandoned the last dlc in terms of suggestions and bugs (which are now features, its still too damn bright!)}, otherwise I'm going to wait and see the rage comments for the first week or two about things that don't work and then decide if its worth it. Maybe my tribe will talk me into getting it too, we'll see.

Preordered through the season pass after the insane amounts of fun I had on Scorched Earth. Ragnarok is still my favorite but if Aberration has even half the PvE content that Wild Card has been talking about in the newsletters... well I'm going to have a new favorite. Everyone on the private/guild server I play on and host has preordered Aberration as well and will be excited to add it to the server cluster. 

As a side note, I have never played official servers because I can't tolerate griefers. I do not have any of these issues that I have seen others complain about in previous posts or on the steam reviews for ARK. Maybe that just shows that I am a better server admin than the devs, but in reality, it doesn't matter because I am having fun with ARK and my 700 hours on ARK that my steam profile shows should prove that. Finally, a game has dethroned Skyrim as my most played on steam!

Nah. What with all the problems the people of Wildcard keep piling onto the player population as well as the dull content and "difficulty" that Scorched Earth had to offer I'm going to pass on future ARK DLCs.

Aberration seems far too similar to what we already have. Instead of using a megalania we can climb things ourselves! Instead of using an archaeopteryx we can glide ourselves! Just looks like more of the same.

34 minutes ago, raptorjesus666 said:

i bought scorched earth, we saw how that ended up (looking at you ragnarok) so i have paid my last euro on ark

I was so disappointed by that, them essentially putting SE in a free DLC. It made it a waste of money, but oh well. I still bought the season pass, hoping that it will be worth it. IF people buy SE now, they'll be buying the Survivor Notes for the price of a full DLC.

I always wait to buy DLC and watch people on youtube/twitch play the content to help decide if its actually worth my money.

Even without that though when it comes to Wildcard no I'm not giving them a penny more of mine until they fix the flyers that they clearly are wrong about 'fixing' ( Add a simple option to Singeplayer &unofficials ) and start getting better at being Devs in general. Get optimization sorted out for the people who play multiplayer, fix the crashes and glitches that have been around since the beginning. Don't lie to customers like when you said you weren't going to delete old servers only to slap a legacy sticker on them, say you won't fix em anymore then delete them anyways because people stop playing them because they arent being worked on, and for the love of all that is holy do something actually inventive and fun with boss battles. Act like the big league game makers the 60$ asking price and 10 or 20 or whatever tries to imp'y that yall are.

6 minutes ago, Cataclisto said:

Hate to say this but the "paid" expansions are part of the core game, we're just paying for the map to play the content we were forced to download :P

This is simply not factual.

The core game is the core game.

Expansions are new additional content added on top of that. New engrams. New dinos. New map to play on etc.

The problem is that stuff we have atm doesnt work properly... you dont add new content when what you already have doesnt work as intended.

Just now, onetwothree said:

This is simply not factual.

The core game is the core game.

Expansions are new additional content added on top of that. New engrams. New dinos. New map to play on etc.

The problem is that stuff we have atm doesnt work properly... you dont add new content when what you already have doesnt work as intended.

You can spawn in all Scorched Earth tames in the singleplayer island map yourself or get mods that do it for you and spawn/add them in (and add engrams/ or unlock them with commands) or find maps that have the desert content (like Ragnarok) and play it "without" ever owning the dlc. Even the dossiers can be obtained from scorched when you don't own it. When/if the content is fixed on scorched it affects all the maps too and they need to be taken down for the fixes. Everything "except" the map is the core/base game. When you buy the dlc you only unlock the download to the map file since you and everyone else already have the rest of the content that is in it.

This is the reason why I typed that above, disagree with it if you want. And yes I do agree with the stuff we have now doesn't work too. To me it looks like they officially released the game to "avoid" all the early access hate posts that scorched earth obtained based on the timing of the dlc release and official release.

Nope, for a few reasons,

I supported them on both pc and xbox with EA, got the DLC on pc and xbox, yet when release came about we had to buy it again if we wanted the appendix book, thats not looking after your EA players....

This game doesn't play smooth enough on the xbox to support them anymore, i get lag spikes, sometimes up to a second, done everything from buying a cooling box for my xbox, a new external HD for the game, re downloaded it, ive tried everything, yet still, it plays crap compared to other similar game, both frustrating and annoying,

I see alot of people complaining about bugs, bugs that have being out for well over a year, yet they do nothing about fixing them, they dont answer peoples post about these bugs either, just left in limbo, they stopped caring about us when we brought the game.......

And for those reasons i wont be supporting them.

Archived