Do tools level up?

Theultamatesurviver

Ok, so I’ve noticed recently that when you have a tool and use it for a really long time (repairing it several times), it seems to be able to harvest more materials than before. Do tools level up when you repair them? For example, when I use a stone axe for an hour or so, by the time I’m done I’m harvesting between 40-60 stone per rock and 40-60 wood per tree. If I die, it’s like I can only harvest 10-30 wood per tree and about 20 stones per rock. I’ve aslo noticed this with harvesting berries. When you die, do you lose some kind of secret harvesting levels or something? Is there a harvesting boost for surviving for a certain amount of time? Thanks.

On ‎10‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 9:49 AM, Theultamatesurviver said:

Ok, so I’ve noticed recently that when you have a tool and use it for a really long time (repairing it several times), it seems to be able to harvest more materials than before. Do tools level up when you repair them? For example, when I use a stone axe for an hour or so, by the time I’m done I’m harvesting between 40-60 stone per rock and 40-60 wood per tree. If I die, it’s like I can only harvest 10-30 wood per tree and about 20 stones per rock. I’ve aslo noticed this with harvesting berries. When you die, do you lose some kind of secret harvesting levels or something? Is there a harvesting boost for surviving for a certain amount of time? Thanks.

It's all in your head, or as someone above mentioned, you've levelled up your melee stat.  You can find higher quality tools from killing alpha dinos.  They removed the blueprints from the supply beacons for some reason.

10 minutes ago, Brayn said:

It's all in your head, or as someone above mentioned, you've levelled up your melee stat.  You can find higher quality tools from killing alpha dinos.  They removed the blueprints from the supply beacons for some reason.

No I've found blueprints recently so they certainly haven't removed them...

3 minutes ago, Melcreif said:

No I've found blueprints recently so they certainly haven't removed them...

Where?  On Island they 100% no longer drop from regular land supply beacons.  Haven't been caving just yet, but they are not in the beacon drop loot table.  The wiki no longer has them in the loot table as well and there was a poster on REDDIT that mined the devkit and noted that they are no longer in the beacon loot table.  This is likely different if you're playing on legacy.  Not sure if the supply beacons got updated for legacy like they did for the new servers.  Love getting xbow, pump action, sickles and riot from land drops now.  Hate not getting tools or fishing rods.

3 minutes ago, Brayn said:

Where?  On Island they 100% no longer drop from regular land supply beacons.  Haven't been caving just yet, but they are not in the beacon drop loot table.  The wiki no longer has them in the loot table as well and there was a poster on REDDIT that mined the devkit and noted that they are no longer in the beacon loot table.  This is likely different if you're playing on legacy.  Not sure if the supply beacons got updated for legacy like they did for the new servers.  Love getting xbow, pump action, sickles and riot from land drops now.  Hate not getting tools or fishing rods.

I'm playing on Rag. It's possible I've gotten them from the Ice cave which is the only other place I get loot from other than typical drops.  I know the best place to get fishing rods though is Alpha Mosa's.  I've also found Ascendant fishing rod BP's in the loot crates on SE.

Archived