If you remove wild beavers from their area and move them somewhere else they will just de-spawn after a while I'm afraid. You "used" to be able to pen up wild beavers in the area they spawned in and dams would appear in those pens eventually, but not sure if that's still a thing or not.

Much easier to go in with an Argy or something and kill off any beavers you see, raid the dams, destroy them and then go back a while later, rinse, repeat.

Guest DJRone89
On 17/10/2017 at 12:45 PM, BAKEJUSA said:

I know tamed beavers don't make dams, and I've heard that beavers don't actually make the dams, they just spawn near each other. If I were to capture a bunch of beavers and bring them to my base, would beaver dams spawn near my base?

I have a 1x1 hut with a few beds set up close to the dam spawns. Loot the dam (emptying as you go) and let the beavers eventually kill you. Respawn and loot your body without aggro. Job done.

Guest DJRone89
11 hours ago, WolfeUK said:

But you need to kill the beavers so a new dam will spawn with new beavers

No you don't. The dams spawn over time but are dependent on the beavers in the area.

Guest DJRone89
1 hour ago, WolfeUK said:

Thats not what the video showed, only when he placed new beavers did a dam spawn, but whatever.

Oh so a video showing one way to do something is apparently the only way to do it according to your logic? Do you know how stupid you sound?

Guest DJRone89
1 hour ago, WolfeUK said:

LOL You know thats not what i said, not sure why the raptor people round here literally put words in your mouth, go re read what i said

You told me you needed to kill the beavers for the dams to respawn and I told you that you didn't need to. You then went on to say that was what is shown in the video but my comments were nothing to do with the video.

So yes my point stands.

43 minutes ago, DJRone89 said:

You told me you needed to kill the beavers for the dams to respawn and I told you that you didn't need to. You then went on to say that was what is shown in the video but my comments were nothing to do with the video.

So yes my point stands.

OK fine, if you think you dont then so be it, why you carrying on about it....

Have they changed this then? on The Island we had a base on the beach (no beavers near) and made a small stone pen next to our base then dropped some wild beavers inside. They happily made dams and never despawned, gave us masses of paste daily. So much so it seemed a bit of a cheat, so I wouldn't be surprised if it had been prevented!

Archived