Greenhouses

20GT

On 10/17/2017 at 4:21 AM, IanHighlander said:

2x2 Box?

Errrrrrmmm not exactly xD

Here's my latest one...

346110_screenshots_20171008144618_1.thumb.jpg.b4dbc52c730502f38db1774f41d7cf9a.jpg346110_screenshots_20171008144636_1.thumb.jpg.d9494c815d4fdfff76509eeed2b86344.jpg

More pics of it (including the inside) in my Steam screenshots here http://steamcommunity.com/id/ian_highlander/screenshots/

While this is a beautiful piece of architecture, the use of mods can skew the answer the OP is looking for.

OP,  the greenhouse effect is a spherical area of effect.  Each greenhouse ceiling and wall(attached to greenhouse ceilings) create a sphere of effect.  Those effects add together to produce the 300% bonus maximum.  You're not limited to a maximum size, but there is a minimum size needed to reach 300%.   As long as you're that big or bigger, then you're good.

*edit* A common practice is to put up 2 walls, then snap a ceiling to it.  Cover the entire area you need covered, then look at the effect you have on your plots.  From there, you can begin adding walls in as needed to hit the 300%.  If aesthetics don't matter to you, once your plots all have 300%, you are free to use whatever material you desire for the rest of the walls to enclose it, or leave it wide open if you desire.  Sloped ceilings and walls behave the same as their 90 deg counterparts.

• 4 weeks later...
On 17/10/2017 at 10:43 AM, Dylan1602 said:

Is this on Unofficial Modded PVE? I've never seen straight staircases before. If that was on official I'd destroy it just because something that size is showing off haha...

That’s the issue with PvP, people destroy stuff for fun even if there is little or no gain. Like tames that to low levels/ small tribes mean a lot... wooden, heck even tiny metal bases. I’m not against raiding but I wouldn’t waste my time/ resources just destroying for fun or rading someone who can’t even defend and won’t have much... 

2 hours ago, AnnabelTamara said:

That’s the issue with PvP, people destroy stuff for fun even if there is little or no gain. Like tames that to low levels/ small tribes mean a lot... wooden, heck even tiny metal bases. I’m not against raiding but I wouldn’t waste my time/ resources just destroying for fun or rading someone who can’t even defend and won’t have much... 

well yeah, not to defend this kind of PvP, but it's is all about wanton destruction for fun.

My kind of PvP is more about battle simulations, I don't bother with open-world PvP  because it can't be balanced.

Guest DJRone89

I now have 60 crop plots in my armoured greenhouse. I have a full 300% effect using only 15 greenhouse ceilings and 8 greenhouse walls. It’s the ultimate PvP build.

On 2/17/2018 at 1:26 AM, AnnabelTamara said:

That is the whole point of PvP, if you don't like it don't play it? Everyone wants something different out of the game and this is what I personally enjoy, fighting people and actually using my dinos for something other than bossing and doing meat runs for babies. If that is something you don't enjoy, then PvE is for you just like this guy is. I don't understand why people think that you shouldn't PvP and troll, it's a huge part of the game and if it wasn't there then we'd all be on the server cap discussion crying about having too many tames on one server. We are the people that stop PvP serversbeing stagnate by making sure things die so others can be born. That is why you will rarely ever, if ever see a PvP player complaining about server cap or anything like that. It is always being refreshed and to think that you shouldn't attack smaller people is crazy because someone bigger will come and smash you into the ground at some point anyway, that's just how ark PvP works. I'm not saying hit all thatch huts because that's not cool but PvP with tribes within your power level, a little bit above, a little bit below, that is what it's all about.

1 hour ago, Dylan1602 said:

That is the whole point of PvP, if you don't like it don't play it? Everyone wants something different out of the game and this is what I personally enjoy, fighting people and actually using my dinos for something other than bossing and doing meat runs for babies. If that is something you don't enjoy, then PvE is for you just like this guy is. I don't understand why people think that you shouldn't PvP and troll, it's a huge part of the game and if it wasn't there then we'd all be on the server cap discussion crying about having too many tames on one server. We are the people that stop PvP serversbeing stagnate by making sure things die so others can be born. That is why you will rarely ever, if ever see a PvP player complaining about server cap or anything like that. It is always being refreshed and to think that you shouldn't attack smaller people is crazy because someone bigger will come and smash you into the ground at some point anyway, that's just how ark PvP works. I'm not saying hit all thatch huts because that's not cool but PvP with tribes within your power level, a little bit above, a little bit below, that is what it's all about.

Yeah a little above and below that’s what I mean. But people wreck people for the fun of it even when they know they have nothing to offer them, and they are really on different levels. Then it’s poop for the lower people. 

9 minutes ago, AnnabelTamara said:

Yeah a little above and below that’s what I mean. But people wreck people for the fun of it even when they know they have nothing to offer them, and they are really on different levels. Then it’s poop for the lower people. 

The mighty shame of the PvP servers is that when you are an alpha you have to choose 1 of 2 options, smash all smaller people because they could be mega tribe members on low level accounts scouting the server and preparing to set up a fob. This option pretty much makes you a lot safer knowing who is on the server and where but the actual noobs of the game absolutely hate you. Or option 2, let them build up and then the next thing you know there is a fob outside your base with all their raid dinos and the rest of their members flooding the server because all the ground work has already been done because they weren't hit.

The shame is that mega tribes do hide within the noob community to scout servers. I've had someone admit to me that this is what they do and that they want the alpha to hit the noobs so all the noobs band together and rebel under his control so he has more members fighting for him, not against him. It was borderline psychopathic but that was his play style and a dangerous one no doubt.

4 minutes ago, Dylan1602 said:

The mighty shame of the PvP servers is that when you are an alpha you have to choose 1 of 2 options, smash all smaller people because they could be mega tribe members on low level accounts scouting the server and preparing to set up a fob. This option pretty much makes you a lot safer knowing who is on the server and where but the actual noobs of the game absolutely hate you. Or option 2, let them build up and then the next thing you know there is a fob outside your base with all their raid dinos and the rest of their members flooding the server because all the ground work has already been done because they weren't hit.

The shame is that mega tribes do hide within the noob community to scout servers. I've had someone admit to me that this is what they do and that they want the alpha to hit the noobs so all the noobs band together and rebel under his control so he has more members fighting for him, not against him. It was borderline psychopathic but that was his play style and a dangerous one no doubt.

Yup that’s insane. I guess it’s hard to then know who is who. Don’t get why some people just go to that extreme though ? they have their server and lots of resources, but they want to spread like a virus! 

2 minutes ago, AnnabelTamara said:

Yup that’s insane. I guess it’s hard to then know who is who. Don’t get why some people just go to that extreme though ? they have their server and lots of resources, but they want to spread like a virus! 

Little chips do more than a one big hit... PvP is crazy with what can happen, but at the end of the day its either eat or be eaten, that's it really.

Archived