Greenhouses

20GT

43 minutes ago, 20GT said:

Do you have to keep greenhouses at the usual 2x2 large plots seen on the YouTube videos to get the 300% bonus? 

Since there are 12 different seeds, can we make a 300% green house big enough for all of them?

The bigger the better really, yeah you only get capped at 300% but the bigger the greenhouse the easier the 300% is to reach. just make sure your walls are 2 high atleast then it can be as big as you want. Check the wiki because it has examples on there to help as well.

21 minutes ago, Antitheft2 said:

2x2 Box?

Errrrrrmmm not exactly xD

Here's my latest one...

More pics of it (including the inside) in my Steam screenshots here http://steamcommunity.com/id/ian_highlander/screenshots/

Is this on Unofficial Modded PVE? I've never seen straight staircases before. If that was on official I'd destroy it just because something that size is showing off haha...

32 minutes ago, Dylan1602 said:

Is this on Unofficial Modded PVE? I've never seen straight staircases before. If that was on official I'd destroy it just because something that size is showing off haha...

Yes I run five dedicated servers on a dedicated Windows 2008 R2 box at home for my wife and I (and sometimes my kids) to play on.

The stairs are S+ stone ramps which have a "convert to stairs" option on them.

Showing off? Lol, nah, I just enjoy building challenging, unique structures and making them fit in the environment, building and breeding are the two things I do most in the game as you'll see from other screenshots in my Steam album lol. :$

haven't messed with the plots, are they  inventory run? 

I'm hoping to build it over a manure farm and build the plots on top of stone trap door frames so I can access them from underneath. 

Is that possible? Alot less running around if I can get the fertilizer created directly underneath them and just pop them up into it. 

You will need to keep your plots watered and filled with poop/fertilizer.  To get fertilizer, you will need either many, many compost bins.  Or the easiest is to just tame 2-3 Dung beetles, and keep them in a pen with phomias.  The level of the Dung beetle does not matter. Just pump their WEIGHT levels. Then keep them constantly full with poop. IF you don't have Phomias, just make sure to collect all the poop your can find (even dodo poop) and place that in the Dung Beetle inventory. Also, make sure to dump some spoiled meat in them too.

Come back hours later, and you will have fertilizer and oil.   WAAAAAY easier than the compost bins.

Not sure if you can access crop plots from the bottom, I have never tried.  Don't forget you will need to keep the plots watered.

4 hours ago, Antitheft2 said:

Yes I run five dedicated servers on a dedicated Windows 2008 R2 box at home for my wife and I (and sometimes my kids) to play on.

The stairs are S+ stone ramps which have a "convert to stairs" option on them.

Showing off? Lol, nah, I just enjoy building challenging, unique structures and making them fit in the environment, building and breeding are the two things I do most in the game as you'll see from other screenshots in my Steam album lol. :$

It does look amazing and the way you have adapted it to match the slope is cool but I'm an official PVP player so that looks like a whole lot of fun to me :D 

You don't need to use all greenhouse panels. My greenhouse is 4x5 with stone walls and full greenhouse ceiling; and all plots get 300% bonus; pretty sure I can just keep extending it out this way and any plots under additional tiles will get the full 300% (instead of having to make another full greenhouse).

It has:

• somewhere around 30 mejoberry plots,
  • 5 narcoberry plots,
  • 1 stimberry plot, and 
  • 2 each of the rest of the berries and veggies.

• 2 months later...
9 minutes ago, Uueerdo said:

Single greenhouse panels look (graphically) like 4 glass panels.

ah thanks, your right 2x2
I've got a 2x2x2 all glass which is a lot more expensive. I'll try your way

can you get a large plot in each foundation with the walls on? I can't seem to do it

I can get 3 not 4, so i used 2 medium 2 large

On 1/12/2018 at 4:57 PM, 20GT said:

ah thanks, your right 2x2
I've got a 2x2x2 all glass which is a lot more expensive. I'll try your way

can you get a large plot in each foundation with the walls on? I can't seem to do it

I can get 3 not 4, so i used 2 medium 2 large

I don't really see a point to putting a large crop plot in a greenhouse. Small and medium cover berries and crops. Large is only really good for the turret plants,;and do you want them put "indoors"?

You can make greenhouses as large as you like. You do not even need walls and get 300% bonus.

Ours is pretty simple, make your foundation footprint as large as you want/like (wood, stone, metal, or tek), then place one stack of pillars 2 high anywhere on the foundation. Next Place your greenhouse ceiling on that pillar at the top then fill in the remaining area of foundation with greenhouse ceilings. BOOM 300% greenhouse bonus everywhere. No walls or doors required.

That is the bare minimum required to get 300% bonus. Run with that and have fun.

Archived