Survive murder snow?

Thaine

try to get minimum 1000 to frost resistence with epic, legendary or ascendent fur armor . best way to got that quality of fur armor is scorched earth, red loot crate in the deep desert.

u can tame 1 otter to they give alots frost resistence i think.

with all that u can survive long time, OR drink wyvern milk u gonna be immune to frost  or almost

1- High quality fur
2- Boost your Fortitude. I'd recommend doing this anyway. Aim for 30 to 50
3- Get an Otter and crank up the Melee stat
4- Eat Fria Curry and/or Wyvern Milk
5- Eating an Enduro Stew or bringing Medical Brews, either one supplemented with Cooked Meat, can help stave off damage and hunger if you can't quite remove the ice cube
6- Hold a Torch

If you're also content with killing any Wyverns while hunting for eggs, you can use a Quetzal. Just make sure you shoot down the Wyvern with a Fabricated Sniper or Assault Rifle. If you do this,

7- Build a hut around the driver seat
8- Place plenty of Standing Torches around you. I'd recommend using Sparkpowder or Angler Gel, since these are light

Murder Murder Snow needs ~1000 Hypothermal resistance to prevent freezing. To get this, you can use the following.

1 - Multiple pieces of Ascendent quality gear. After multiple testing, the highest Ascendent piece I've ever seen for Hypothermal resistance was ~600. Average was around 3-400. Hope for Legs/Chestpiece, since those have the highest amount of resistance.

2 - High-Melee Otter. An Otter with 500% melee gives you ~400 Hypothermal resistance (And between 3-400 Hyperthermal to boot). A perfect melee otter can, in theory, have up to ~1198% melee (All 149 wild lvls into melee, plus the effectiveness into melee, in addition to the taming melee bonus standard to most dinos, as well as max imprinting, and somehow lvling up the little bugger up 71 lvls, with all points into melee), which would take care of the resistance needed to survive Murder Murder Snow.

3 - Wyvern Milk. Wyvern Milk gives you straight-up 787 Hypothermal resistance for ~10 minutes. Fur and Fria Curry covers the rest. In addition, with a 30 minute spoiling timer (double with Preserving Salts, which is extremely easy to obtain), you get 40-70 minutes to look for eggs.

4 - Platform Saddle with a TON of torches, with a surrounding hut

Just Murder Snow only needs ~600 Hypothermal resistance. Wyvern Milk instantly covers that. Most Wyvern Eggs are located in regular Murder Snow.

17 minutes ago, PuffyPony said:

1- High quality fur
5- Eating an Enduro Stew or bringing Medical Brews, either one supplemented with Cooked Meat, can help stave off damage and hunger if you can't quite remove the ice cube
6- Hold a Torch

If you're also content with killing any Wyverns while hunting for eggs, you can use a Quetzal. Just make sure you shoot down the Wyvern with a Fabricated Sniper or Assault Rifle. If you do this,

8- Place plenty of Standing Torches around you. I'd recommend using Sparkpowder or Angler Gel, since these are light

Even all 100 lvls into Fortitude will NOT help you to survive Murder Snow, and especially not Murder Murder snow. If its PURELY surviving the cold, putting those 15-25 lvls into Health will allow you more time in Murder Snow should you not have access to everything else. 100 lvls in Fortitude grant you 244 resistance. 50, which requires a full 1/4th of your lvling stats, only grant 104 resistance, which is only slightly higher then what a Torch gives you.

Fortitude's primary bonus is making you more resistance to being KOd. It does that VERY well - Just 10 lvls in Fortitude doubles the torpor damage you can take before KO, and almost halves your time KOd. Otherwise, 10 points of Fortitude reduces the margin between hot/cold, by 1 degree, F.

13 hours ago, PuffyPony said:

1- High quality fur
6- Hold a Torch

13 hours ago, Frogspoison said:

Murder Murder Snow needs ~1000 Hypothermal resistance to prevent freezing. To get this, you can use the following.

1 - Multiple pieces of Ascendent quality gear. After multiple testing, the highest Ascendent piece I've ever seen for Hypothermal resistance was ~600. Average was around 3-400. Hope for Legs/Chestpiece, since those have the highest amount of resistance.

2 - High-Melee Otter. An Otter with 500% melee gives you ~400 Hypothermal resistance (And between 3-400 Hyperthermal to boot). A perfect melee otter can, in theory, have up to ~1198% melee (All 149 wild lvls into melee, plus the effectiveness into melee, in addition to the taming melee bonus standard to most dinos, as well as max imprinting, and somehow lvling up the little bugger up 71 lvls, with all points into melee), which would take care of the resistance needed to survive Murder Murder Snow.

3 - Wyvern Milk. Wyvern Milk gives you straight-up 787 Hypothermal resistance for ~10 minutes. Fur and Fria Curry covers the rest. In addition, with a 30 minute spoiling timer (double with Preserving Salts, which is extremely easy to obtain), you get 40-70 minutes to look for eggs.

Just Murder Snow only needs ~600 Hypothermal resistance. Wyvern Milk instantly covers that. Most Wyvern Eggs are located in regular Murder Snow.

Hold up a second... Otter MELEE is what buffs resistance!?!?  I was under the impression it was Oxygen - something I read on these forums I think... lol :$ Guess I should have tested for myself... Luckily I have a pair I can mate if needed...

2 hours ago, teamravegreen said:

Hold up a second... Otter MELEE is what buffs resistance!?!?  I was under the impression it was Oxygen - something I read on these forums I think... lol :$ Guess I should have tested for myself... Luckily I have a pair I can mate if needed...

Yes :) I don't know the exact numbers but the Hypothermal Insulation is around 80% of your Melee stat

Omg, don't listen to those pve achatinas

Primitive fur+torch would be enough. +300 hp. It will be enough for slowly dying for around 15-30 mins, depends on where r u flying.

Just bring 3-6 sleeping bags with u. When u r gettin low. Land down. Die peacfully, revive, continue. 

I spent 50 min taming yutti there with primitive fur, 1 torch and 1 campfire. Wasted 1 sleeping bag only. And i have 0 fortitude. It's a useless.

On 10/16/2017 at 10:32 PM, Frogspoison said:

Otters FTW!

Archived