New "fog"?

ALBRIGAM0778

When and why did they change the fog layover to look like that? I looked to the last few major updates and nothing has been mentioned. It seriously looks like there's a graphical glitch in the game. I've tried upping and lowering the settings but to no avail. They had a decent fog before this if i remember correctly.

37 minutes ago, ALBRIGAM0778 said:

When and why did they change the fog layover to look like that? I looked to the last few major updates and nothing has been mentioned. It seriously looks like there's a graphical glitch in the game. I've tried upping and lowering the settings but to no avail. They had a decent fog before this if i remember correctly.

We will be fixing that over the next few days, hold tight my friend! :Melee_Damage:

"will be fixing over the next few days" an its been like, two weeks later an no word on a fix?

an its not just low settings that get this, I play on high an my mate plays on epic an we still see it.  With this Halloween event going on (if you could even call it that) its making it almost unplayable because of the extended nights...this fog is around constantly! thankfully the event only lasts a couple days...

3 hours ago, KevlarPrincess said:

***FOUND SOLUTION***

Completely shut down Ark game if running.

Open Steam. Go to Game Library. RIGHT CLICK on Ark game. Click "Reset Game Resolution", the game will launch when this is complete, the haze should be gone.

This did work for me.

https://imgur.com/a/kwMWs

After looking forever and tinkering with every launcher setting there was, this worked for me as well.  

Unfortunately one of the options somewhere along the line of me reverting back to my old settings broke it again so now I just have to do one at a time until I figure out which option breaks it :)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived