Craziest pve encounter?

I_am_the_true_Senpai

Out above the death island sea cave on a plesio waiting for a mosa to come to me so i could murder it, just as its aaalmost in reach.....CHOMP from behind a second mosa startles me and I hit my E key during the flinch it caused. 200 health and in nothing but ram to JM hide armor I get two bites taken out of me before im able to get back onto the plesio leaving me with like, 20 hp or some crap If i recall.

15 hours ago, Vrallox said:

I don't have to imagine it. Put a giga or rex on follow and they'll start flying all over the place. Seems like all rocks are ramps straight out of action movies for them. I had a giga on follow while flying over the swamp one time. I lost track of it, stopped to look back, and just managed to spot it flying above the trees and my ptera shortly before it started falling back to earth on the other side of me. So I guess it...jumped the ptera. B| Yyyyeeeeaaaahhh!

I once got a giga stuck in someone's base when it launched itself clear over a behemoth gate using a rock about the size of a trike.

I wonder if people use it as a PvP tactic. Just jump gigas over tek behemoth gates. Haha.

ok so umm here is me trying to give a better picture...my walls are taller than a titan standing straight up (higher than it can lift its head)

and the giga flew over that.

if only it was on aggressive and seagulls were in the game back then. I would have gotten so much revenge

20 hours ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

On legacy. Guy pulls a Rex and a Spino out of the Ob. Then just leaves with them straddling the console and logs off. I gather easy brood artifacts from our cache and boom off they go. He logs on next day and starts ranting in global. "where are my dino's?" I told him I sent them into a boss fight. Figured he wanted to give it a go since that is the only reason to leave them parked right on the ob. 

He couldn't believe it. "There's no way. I have to send them in plus they are ORP."I guess he checks his tribe log. "You'll never be able to use that ob again!". i had a base right below green on the river so I fly up there and sure enough he is pulling Rex's and Spino's for days out of the ob. Pulls out a full 11 and then fly's off to his base.  I put out the call in global, "Dude. you coming to get these?" No response. I give it an hour. "Okay man. You got a free easy broodmother ticket coming. Hope these have good stats and are on neutral at least." I fly up, place the artifacts and start the boss fight up. It's at around 8 seconds when I hear him spawn on his ob bed. He goes running over, jumps on a Rex and presto. Gone. 

The green ob stayed dino free for the next 3 months until we left legacy. 

WOnder if they can kill the boss, if so... could you just take your rex in with them and then let their rexes do the work??

51 minutes ago, CrispedDegree5 said:

WOnder if they can kill the boss, if so... could you just take your rex in with them and then let their rexes do the work??

I'm not sure but I don't believe so. If they are indeed ORP the thing that kills them is the timer expiring. Have to find a willing partner to sacrifice something that will at least attack, like a trike to find that out. I'd just go in naked though not with a dino as an exploratory mission. 

1 hour ago, CrispedDegree5 said:

People used to do that. Stick a bunch of animals around the obelisk, go offline, and have someone from another tribe go in with an invincible army. They fixed that though.

"v262.0

- ORP Dinos should no longer have AI's and thus not be particularly useful in boss fight."

47 minutes ago, Vrallox said:

People used to do that. Stick a bunch of animals around the obelisk, go offline, and have someone from another tribe go in with an invincible army. They fixed that though.

"v262.0

- ORP Dinos should no longer have AI's and thus not be particularly useful in boss fight."

ohh okay thanks, but what else does it mean by "ORP dinos should no longer have AI's"? does this just apply to boss battles? or do ORP dinos not like wander and stuff in general?

1 hour ago, CrispedDegree5 said:

ohh okay thanks, but what else does it mean by "ORP dinos should no longer have AI's"? does this just apply to boss battles? or do ORP dinos not like wander and stuff in general?

I've never tested it myself. I assume it means the latter but ya never know with patch notes for this game.

• 2 weeks later...

While building as far away from spawns on the hidden lake in a pVE prim+ server (we literally blasted chat saying we were building there and avoiding spawns and that anyone who saw a problem could come talk to us) a dude kited two gigas and an alpha rex each in the only entrances and exits to hidden lake. We noped hard.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived