Craziest pve encounter?

I_am_the_true_Senpai

A bronto tamed and left blocking all your gates so you can't get your tames out 

Foundations around your Base 

Pipes in and covering your whole interior of your Base 

200 Rafts filling your water pen

Tribes or tamed dodos in an alliance tribe 

Random Raptors left around your Base so you gotta listen to the stupid noises 

All obbs blocked by random dinos just left there 

All metal mountains covered in platform paracers with forges on.

Any specific type of encounters or just general shenanigans? 

My favourite PvE encounter would be during the first Fear Evolved Event on Xbox. Flying around looking for the dodorex as a server. Of course we find it eventually and on pteranadons we had no hope of killing it. But of course got to have fun so start dive bombing it. Of course I muck up and miss the dodorex and hit the  river dissmounting right in  front of it. So I end up running around dodging the associated fire balls. Thankfully I managed to whistle the pteranadon and leg it into the forest and escape. 

Going to add in my joys of allos spawning in my base back when that was a thing. Logged into multiple times to find them in my base. Once I logged in to find an allos staring me in the face through the wall of my log of room. Next time I spawn into a whole pack rampaging round my log off room. At the time it was annoying but looking back it was bloody hilarious !

Lol i meant an actual account that you, yourself have witnessed or been directly involved in.

Well thought out statement though, all of that seems like an extremely unpleasant Murphy's law situation haha.

Any specific type of encounters or just general shenanigans? 
My favourite PvE encounter would be during the first Fear Evolved Event on Xbox. Flying around looking for the dodorex as a server. Of course we find it eventually and on pteranadons we had no hope of killing it. But of course got to have fun so start dive bombing it. Of course I muck up and miss the dodorex and hit the  river dissmounting right in  front of it. So I end up running around dodging the associated fire balls. Thankfully I managed to whistle the pteranadon and leg it into the forest and escape. 
Going to add in my joys of allos spawning in my base back when that was a thing. Logged into multiple times to find them in my base. Once I logged in to find an allos staring me in the face through the wall of my log of room. Next time I spawn into a whole pack rampaging round my log off room. At the time it was annoying but looking back it was bloody hilarious !
Hahahahaha, dude I'm rolling [emoji23] that is exactly the type of encounters i want to hear! You sir, have knocked it out of the park homie.

I'm going to have to get on the fear evolved server this Halloween lol.

10 minutes ago, I_am_the_true_Senpai said:

Lol i meant an actual account that you, yourself have witnessed or been directly involved in.

Well thought out statement though, all of that seems like an extremely unpleasant Murphy's law situation haha.

Ok for actual in game encounter I would say it was when the megaloceros first came out.  I was in chat with three other people we watched the trailer they looked cool,  so we went to central cave on the island,  on our  high level swamp cave frogs,  all went well at first,  we cleared the cave half way down,  found a few megaloceros asleep,  a nice high level one and two low levels,  we knocked em all out with ascendant longnecks,  sweet time for the tame,  we had ovi kibble ready,  put the right amount in each one and began to wait. We let our guard down,  torpor was slow,  cave was empty, about twenty minutes in it turned night,  all three woke up at once,  we was all semi afk looking at you tube vids,  the high level picked up my mate on his frog and started running off with him deeper into the cave,  we all started to panic,  my other tribe mate was killed by one of the low levels and they had his frog units mouth,  everyone's screaming in chat,  one guys like help it's running off with me,  the others like get my stuff and the other was still trying to tranq them,  I was like forget taming them kibbles gone anyway,  let's just kill em,  so we killed the low levels and ran after our other mate and his frog,  some how we managed to get it stuck and tranq it with the frog having 55 health left.  It was a hard battle but that's how we got out first 145 megaloceros. One of my funnies ark times that didn't involve raiding.

Games tend to go haywire when I play them. I don't even do anything. I just try to play a game and something like this happens:

20170827085429_1.jpg

I logged in to find this one day. That's a taming pen outside my base. One titan's trapped inside the open section of the taming pen and another's running into it on the outside while an alpha carno is trapped in a pit just below the right titan's foreleg.

My taming tower in the snow biome has had all three titans making sweet love to it on multiple occasions. Even had them climb up the ramp on the outside of it a few times.

I've found wild gigas stuck up in redwood trees. I had the dragon boss kill itself seconds after we entered the arena.

I don't have a craziest moment because I just don't keep track anymore. I'm a walking disaster area when it comes to video games.

On the plus side, developers love it when I test their games because the bugs come streaming out of the wood works.

36 minutes ago, I_am_the_true_Senpai said:

I'm going to have to get on the fear evolved server this Halloween lol.

Pretty sure the halloween event was the most fun I had on official. Loved the whole server coming together for a special event. If the event happens this year, am really going to miss it really,  as I gave up official :(  hopefully the small dedi server my pals have can have fun with it.

18 minutes ago, SmokeyB said:

Ok for actual in game encounter I would say it was when the megaloceros first came out.  I was in chat with three other people we watched the trailer they looked cool,  so we went to central cave on the island,  on our  high level swamp cave frogs,  all went well at first,  we cleared the cave half way down,  found a few megaloceros asleep,  a nice high level one and two low levels,  we knocked em all out with ascendant longnecks,  sweet time for the tame,  we had ovi kibble ready,  put the right amount in each one and began to wait. We let our guard down,  torpor was slow,  cave was empty, about twenty minutes in it turned night,  all three woke up at once,  we was all semi afk looking at you tube vids,  the high level picked up my mate on his frog and started running off with him deeper into the cave,  we all started to panic,  my other tribe mate was killed by one of the low levels and they had his frog units mouth,  everyone's screaming in chat,  one guys like help it's running off with me,  the others like get my stuff and the other was still trying to tranq them,  I was like forget taming them kibbles gone anyway,  let's just kill em,  so we killed the low levels and ran after our other mate and his frog,  some how we managed to get it stuck and tranq it with the frog having 55 health left.  It was a hard battle but that's how we got out first 145 megaloceros. One of my funnies ark times that didn't involve raiding.

Do you mean megalosaurus ? Got this image of your tribe mates being mauled to death and carried around by some very large deer hahaha.

This is a great topic.  I have plenty of crazy stories.

Okay, it took me forever to get to SE, but when I finally made it I had the best group in the world.  We had an absolute blast the first few weeks on SE.  One day we got the idea to build a "Kill Hut" for wyverns.  Basically, it was an adobe hut covered in metal spikes that was just large enough to fit 15 beds, a ptera, a wolf, a smithy, a mortar and pestle, some chests, and a preserving bin.  We didn't want to risk our ptera, so I got to thinking.  You will never guess what I came up with.  My tribe mate was out at the edge of the scar on our wolf looking around, when all of a sudden she saw me running past her yelling "Watch This!"  I the proceeded to throw a giant glob of honey at a poison wyv below us in the scar.  Before she could process what was happening I was running for my life across the desert with a wyvern chomping at my backside.  After we all made it into the hut.  We sat there for an hour shooting the wyvern with fire arrows trying to kill the darn thing.  It was so much fun.  At one point we all had died with our gear outside of the hut, so one of my mates wiped and put all of his levels into speed.  Next thing you know he is sprinting around the desert kiting a wyvern around.  He looked like the flash!  He actually managed to trap it in one of the public traps on foot and we KO'd it for milk.

A few days later we were all having a rough time trying to build a good base.  The same guy with all the speed said "That's it I'm done with this!" and sprint jumped off the cliff!  We all just watched as he proceeded to fly across the ravine and land safely on the other side.  We started laughing hysterically.  Then he walked off and died.

Next notable event was probably my first giga tame.  Lots of fun.  Really got the adrenaline going.  I tried to kite the thing into our giant trap made of Bgates and dino gates.  We finally managed to get it in and it was my job to close the gate.  I flew up and tried to do it from my argy, but ended up dismounting.  I started to plummet.  I was freaking out!  I thought it was all over, but then my argy swooped down just before I hit the ground and I remounted.  Second go at getting the darn thing in the gate.  I sprinted in with the giga following me on foot!  I was freaking out thinking there is no way this is going to work!  Then it bit me!  I was still alive!  I trapped the thing inside and we thought all was well and good.  No, the giant beast managed to glitch out over the top of a dino gate!  It was running around the area like a chicken with its head cut off.  I decided, no matter what happens I would not give up.  My tribe mate and I started shooting it as it ran around the valley.  The giga took off in a dead sprint heading the opposite direction of where we were.  My tribe mate decided that she had enough and we were going to lose all the work we had done when it ate another dino.  I didn't even entertain the idea.  I took one last shot from one end of the ravine to the other side, where the giga was.  We both just sat there watching.  We were thinking there is no way that will hit the giga.  Keep in mind we were counting arrows and it would only take one more shot to KO the monster.  After what seemed like an eternity.  I got a hit marker!  Next thing you know the giga just dropped!  And that is the story of my first giga tame. xD

I play Single player now, but the first couple weeks I tried PvP and PvE.

PvP was nothing but spawn in, get wiped, repeat. I literally did not survive more than 10 minutes before someone would kill me. Never even advanced far enough to make a bed.

But on PvE, it was my first time on a PvE server. I spawn in, and it is nearly dark. I quickly run to the woods edge, and start harvest resources to build a tiny 1x1 to survive the night. as I am just completing the mini-base, it is totally dark, and all I have is my torch and a campfire in my base. Suddenly, the skies light up, and a Wyvern comes and lands right next to my base. Well of course I freak out, and I start running into the base. A few seconds later, I can hear noises outside my base, and I realize there is a person outside. So I figure I am going to die any second now. (I forgot it was PvE)

So I keep hiding in the base. and finally in chat I see... "Hey you hiding in your base, come outside"

my response is "Go away, I'm not bothering anyone"

the person in chat keeps asking me to come out. Finally I figure what the hell, they are just trolling me, and I am going to die, so I might as well get it over with.

So I step outside, and the person runs up to me, and starts dumping box after box at my feet. I start looking at them, and they are things like cross bow, tranq arrows, a miner's helmet, armor, sparkpowder, etc.  Well I am totally caught off guard, and I don't have a mic and I suck at typing on PS4, so I try to figure outr the emote wheel. But I keep doing it wrong, and doing all the wrong emotes!.

I was such a Noob, and didn't know protocal, and I wanted to thank him for giving me the stuff. So I dumped out  all the stuff I had in my inventory in front of him. Which was about 100 berries, hide, meat and some metal.  The guy looks at the boxes, but doesn't take anything.  So now I am panicking... does he want his stuff back, since I can't trade him anything good?  

then I see in chat ... "umm dude, you can keep your stuff"  Then he gets on his Wyvern and flies away.

I then spent like 10 hours straight building a base, wall it in, tamed some raptors, a trike, dilos, parasaurs, etc. I was really psyched that I had built such a nice place! Finally it is like 4 in the morning, and I need to go to bed. I log off and call it a night.

The next day I try to log on, except I never book marked the server nor wrote it down.  I must have spent 1/2  day trying to find that server again.

I finally found it the following week, but by then all my dinos had starved, and someone had pillared the entire area around me, so I could not expand my base at all.

That was more or less my last time on a server.

This just happened on a meat run as I was passing a neighbor's base. A diplo spawned inside their walls and after I stopped to watch it pick on some boss rexes piled in a tight group at a supply drop area the shenanigans started...

The blue circle shows where all the rexes were originally and the red circles show where some of the rexes landed. Yes, I said landed. The diplo would hit one, it'd fly a little in the air until it hit another rex, bounce off it, and fly off into the distance. Fortunately the owner was online and he flew back and killed it before more flying rexes left his base.

E6A80F07DD73CC3B97F452E86624C1F80DCBD5F8

The time that my tribemates and I killed our first Giga comes to mind.

So, here we are. Four, nubile survivors living by the bay at the foot of Winter's Mouth (at the time known as Frozen Fang, and much warmer). We had made some fairly substantial technological advancements---plenty of tames including a Sarco, Trike, Pteranodons, and an Argent, a base with separate rooms for each tribe member, and even some guns. Imagine my surprise when I find, just across the bay on the other side of the mountain, an enormous Rex-like beast running around and insta-annihilating everything it runs into. I knew right away this dude was bad news, but I resolved to just keep an eye on it since I was fairly certain my pea-shooter Longneck would do little against it. I let my tribemates know, and we avoided landing in the area

Until one day, we saw it across the water from our base. Still a decent distance, sure, but far too close for comfort. We decided to kill it, but again, we knew that our guns would probably do very little, so we instead opted for a method we had previously used against an Alpha Raptor to great success: drowning it. One tribemember grabbed our Argent, Shi-No Kaze, and picked up our newest member, while me and another tribe member hopped on a boat to help make sure that once our Argent team got it in the water, it would stay put. Everything went without a hitch at first--Argent team got the brute into the sea, and whenever it started to swim away, Boat team shot it to re-gain its aggro. Finally, after what seemed like an eternity, we decided that it was taking far too long to die, so Team Argent started pelting the Giga with bullets and arrows. Finally, they ran out of ammunition, and the Giga looked completely unhurt (we had no idea how tanky these things were at the time).

Team Argent decided it'd just be easiest to lure the Giga as far out to sea as possible, and leave it sitting. They dipped down, looking to regain its aggro. They seemed pretty low to me--but right as I opened my mouth and started to say, "You guys are a bit close," the Giga chomped.

Shi-No went down.

Another chomp, and both tribe members bit the dust. Content that it had inflicted heavy casualties to our tribe before its own demise, the Giga sank beneath the waves, slowly drowning in the sapphire blue waters. The bitterest reward awaited us in the monster's inventory: a handful of berries, and a note from Sir Edmund Rockwell on the creation of kibble.

I was gathering resources in my redwood base and making constructions to transfer to the northern base. I had 9 argentavis to pack it all in and use as transport. I packed them all full and started my journey. The flight between the places is about 5 minute and I was a bit bummed about the fact there is no autorun in this game. So I pick up a small heavy object to place on my W button as a solution. But of course, I manage to also hit the E :/ So yeah, I jump off my bird which is really high up in the air (all nine of them) and fall down into the ocean. The worst part is none of them are on follow, and those are all the flyers I have xD So after I manage to escape all the sharks and get on dry land. I needed to gather resources and build a mini base to be able to make taming equipment to tame a pteradon to fly up there and collect all my birds and hours of building recourses xD I was really pissed at my self for this experience but also very determined to get it all back. In retrospect, I thought it was actually quite funny. xD

I play singleplayer and spawn bosses in on my map instead of the proper arena way because I find the proper way too restrictive and boring. My first time trying to spawn in and fight the dragon went horribly for me. Since I wasn't used to a flying boss thed big dinos I usually bring weren't good for much and it turned the few Argies I had on me anyways; plus it kept getting distracted by other things and before the fight was over the thing managed to make it's way over to my based and destroy aa lot of it and killed too many of the tames I was actually attached to. I ended up calling that a defeat and considered the file a Dead is Dead file and started over.

flying around on Rag for the first time, never saw any spoiler video's as wanted to discover it myself.

flew over the volcano towards red on my 150 kibble tamed ptera. thought I was seeing things when I spotted the Scar from SE, buzzed the area to find that there were no wyverns so I flew straight down and through the middle to suddenly rubber band back 10 seconds and find myself flying towards 4 aggro'd wyverns.

my pants turned brown and the ptera done an involuntary defecation as I went into a sprinting power barrel role through the middle of them, managed to loose 2 under the first bridge then through the canyon flowing left. lost 1 more but the fire breather, why the fire breather, kept the chase up to crack heads teeth in the highlands, I lost it around a pillar to only fly straight into the maw of a giga.

bad day for me

4 hours ago, HiImZech said:

I demo a pillar with my giga's leg trapped by it and it disappeared. 2 days later I found him at my water pen. apparently there was this glitch where the game flings characters into the air when they achieve certain velocity

now imagine you're flying and a giga flew at you.

I don't have to imagine it. Put a giga or rex on follow and they'll start flying all over the place. Seems like all rocks are ramps straight out of action movies for them. I had a giga on follow while flying over the swamp one time. I lost track of it, stopped to look back, and just managed to spot it flying above the trees and my ptera shortly before it started falling back to earth on the other side of me. So I guess it...jumped the ptera. B| Yyyyeeeeaaaahhh!

I once got a giga stuck in someone's base when it launched itself clear over a behemoth gate using a rock about the size of a trike.

I wonder if people use it as a PvP tactic. Just jump gigas over tek behemoth gates. Haha.

18 minutes ago, Vrallox said:

I don't have to imagine it. Put a giga or rex on follow and they'll start flying all over the place. Seems like all rocks are ramps straight out of action movies for them. I had a giga on follow while flying over the swamp one time. I lost track of it, stopped to look back, and just managed to spot it flying above the trees and my ptera shortly before it started falling back to earth on the other side of me. So I guess it...jumped the ptera. B| Yyyyeeeeaaaahhh!

I once got a giga stuck in someone's base when it launched itself clear over a behemoth gate using a rock about the size of a trike.

I wonder if people use it as a PvP tactic. Just jump gigas over tek behemoth gates. Haha.

It's almost like a flashback to the opening credits of CSI: Miami!

CSI Miami.jpg

On Monday, October 16, 2017 at 8:44 PM, SmokeyB said:

Lmao at the raptor part. That's cruel but smart. I hate their noises too.

On legacy. Guy pulls a Rex and a Spino out of the Ob. Then just leaves with them straddling the console and logs off. I gather easy brood artifacts from our cache and boom off they go. He logs on next day and starts ranting in global. "where are my dino's?" I told him I sent them into a boss fight. Figured he wanted to give it a go since that is the only reason to leave them parked right on the ob. 

He couldn't believe it. "There's no way. I have to send them in plus they are ORP."I guess he checks his tribe log. "You'll never be able to use that ob again!". i had a base right below green on the river so I fly up there and sure enough he is pulling Rex's and Spino's for days out of the ob. Pulls out a full 11 and then fly's off to his base.  I put out the call in global, "Dude. you coming to get these?" No response. I give it an hour. "Okay man. You got a free easy broodmother ticket coming. Hope these have good stats and are on neutral at least." I fly up, place the artifacts and start the boss fight up. It's at around 8 seconds when I hear him spawn on his ob bed. He goes running over, jumps on a Rex and presto. Gone. 

The green ob stayed dino free for the next 3 months until we left legacy. 

I've had some amazingly fun PvE moments, whether it was on PvE, PvP, or RP servers. (TONS of awesome PvE moments on RP) 

One of my favorites was on an old streamer server I used to play on. It was 90% PvP on the Valhalla map, and there were certain PvE/RP safe zones. Basically you could do both, but if you were in PvE/RP zones, it didn't matter if you were a PvP'er or not, you had to adhere to the rules of the "towns." At one point there was a big fight going on between 3 tribes, we were chasing each other all over the map over a blueprint from a loot drop.

The guy in my tribe who found it gave the stats in global instead of tribe, and out of nowhere it became like a 20 person cat and mouse game where the good blueprint was changing hands like every 30 seconds. At one point a guy "accidentally" (he said) ran into an RP area. I kind of figured the RP area was about to get wrecked, but instead everyone was fighting just changed gears. None of us in the chase were RP'ers, but it was a moment where everyone just decided to play along. They were basically like a Tombstone-esque RP town, so we all had to turn in our guns (including blueprints for guns, apparently). Everyone went down to the town saloon and hung out. We had a "beer" (narcotics...before beer was in the game) drinking competition to see who could drink the most before passing out, some guy sang a really great and hilarious guitar-only country version of Pokerface. 

After about an hour of hanging out, the sheriff released one "drunk and disorderly" and gave us all our guns back as we left. The moment we got out of "town limits" the fight started up again like nothing ever happened. We never got the blueprint back though. Anyway, that was what first got me into the idea of doing RP stuff. 

On 10/16/2017 at 9:59 AM, I_am_the_true_Senpai said:

Go ahead! I want to hear what everyone's craziest pve encounters have been! My ears and eyes are open, indulge me and let's all have some laughs!

I log in by mistake to a pve server, and what I saw was the craziest thing Ive ever seen.... waves and waves of wood pillars everywhere.

Archived