DestroyerDeki

Map keeps resetting

My explore map resets every time I log back on into single player. I play on Xbox, and while this bug isn't game breaking, is extremely annoying to have to re-discover the map and re-add all of my markers. I have several bases around the map for various uses, and to have to go through and find them again is tedious, to say the least. I noticed this bug after updating to v762.

I did a bit of googling and found I wasn't the only one with this issue, and someone said that unchecking and re-checking (or checking and unchecking) the option to show the player's location would fix it. I've tried this, and it has not helped, at all. I've tried logging off and logging back in, and I've tried quitting the game all together. Nothing has worked. 

Like I said, it's not making the game unplayable, but having to fly around the map to find my bases again every time I play isn't fun. I don't know what else to try. 

It appears that it's not just Ragnarok. My maps and pins on The Island, The Center and Scorched Earth have all reset. I've tested this a couple times; flown around and got a chunk of the map discovered, logged out, came back and the map was reset. I've had my brother and his friend test this as well; they both play on different Xboxes, and they both confirmed that the maps and pins for all maps are resetting.

Could we get this bug looked into? My main issue lies with Ragnarok; like I said, I have many bases on it, and it's a huge map, and having to go find my bases and repin them every time I log in is very annoying.: /

• Sad 1

Holy necro batman! Just posting to say I am also having this problem. I play singleplayer, xbone, on the island. My husband also plays singleplayer on his own gamertag but does not have this issue. I have created two separate characters and both had the problem.

My handheld map only resets every once in a awhile, but my custom markers remain. My current problem is that the map wipes (despite being singleplayer) and I lost all my structures and dinos. In another post someone called it a memory leak, it happened right after a crash, which Ragnarok does consistently. 

Can anyone help me please? I was trying to join my friends on the SmallTribe server 25 on Xbox, it was on TheIsland map. However when I tried to join, it would glitch  and take me back to the home screen of my Xbox. I didn’t know what it was so I went in ARK again, thinking it was only a glitch, and that I could get on the server; this wasn’t the case, the same thing happened again. So I tried joining a normal  server on the map TheIsland. The same thing happened, for some reason all of a sudden I’m not able to get on this specific map, I don’t know why, I don’t know what’s happened. I can get on Ragmarok and Scorched Earth, but not TheIsland. This happened all of a sudden. Please, if anyone knows what has happened or can help me in anyway possible, please submit your ideas, thank you.

Hi has anyone found a solution to the map resetting and explorer notes ect? Quite annoying as it is all my maps and I can't even play aberration because I need the map to get around let alone notes won't save! This is happening on my single player and my player dedicated server I run for Xbox through my pc. Would love some help pleeeaase! Lol

On 1/14/2019 at 4:10 PM, Poorkid said:

Incredibly annoying. I keep having thisbissue with the center and aberration maps. I play single player on ps4 and its incredibly frustrating. Any console commands i can use or something to reveal my map?

Let me start by saying I play on an official extinction pve server on ps4. I've had this problem for a while where my player/mini map resets constantly I have half the map uncovered but each time it resets. I read somewhere that if you go into single player on the map your playing and admin command "player command Ascend2" it rolls credits and kicks you back to the main screen. But when you go back to the official server your map is blank, but it doesn't reset. 

I just tried it, and my map is blank, even though before it was half discovered. I placed a pin, and exited the server. Got back in and my pin is still there. So I'm hoping this is the fix everybody has been waiting for

1 hour ago, Sailorbabe said:

It is June and I just started having this issue yesterday. I do not even have to log out before my map resets. Is there a fix for this? Playing Extinction and it would be nice if my map would stay intact. 

its a known problem since 4 years... and will be like 90% of all other bugs never been fixed. (The same for all the explorer notes. I do not even start to collect them since it always gets deleted some time..).