DestroyerDeki

Map keeps resetting

I face the exact same thing but on PS4, I spent hours exploring the radiation zone looking for Rock Drake eggs on aberration only to get back on the next day to see only my current location was discovered, everything else was unexplored. They need to fix this and put it on the glitches and bugs list instead of releasing things that don't matter to the game. If they do it would be a major stress reliever 😰/ I'm tired of running into reaper queens

On 10/20/2017 at 1:21 PM, DestroyerDeki said:

It appears that it's not just Ragnarok. My maps and pins on The Island, The Center and Scorched Earth have all reset. I've tested this a couple times; flown around and got a chunk of the map discovered, logged out, came back and the map was reset. I've had my brother and his friend test this as well; they both play on different Xboxes, and they both confirmed that the maps and pins for all maps are resetting.

Could we get this bug looked into? My main issue lies with Ragnarok; like I said, I have many bases on it, and it's a huge map, and having to go find my bases and repin them every time I log in is very annoying.: /

Yea its not only the maps, the transponders also reset, and am also having this issue and it started right after the homestead patch that this began to occur, as everything was fine before it was implemented.  But yea i agree its totally annoying and makes it quite boring to even play, id call this a game breaking glitch for sure..

On 6/20/2019 at 11:35 AM, mattygaga2015 said:

So we are now the tail end of June, beginning of July 2019... can anyone tell me if they have had any success with the "Ascend2" method? I really need a fix for this... can anyone just reply with what they have tried, instead of resurrecting this post with "same here" comments

No the "ascend2" does not work it I've tried it and i've tried force saving that doesn't work, uploaded character still nothing, my friends maps are fine just not mine the way you could do it is getting a new system/console but who has the money sitting around to buy a new one right away? Not me that's for sure.

My friends and I have had limited success by deleting our configuration files on ps4. Has worked about 80% of the time but still not a definite fix. I first had this issue on extinction and this fix worked. Currently have same problem on valguero and the fix does not seem to be working for me although only bottom half of map resets. Doesn't seem to be rhyme or reason which maybe why it hasn't been fixed.

13 hours ago, Kurureenu said:

It's relieving, yet concerning, that there are others that have the same issue as I.

I have this issue on two PVE servers. Extinction and Valguero. It would be fantastic if there is a fix for this bug.

Delete your single player save game completly, start any map on single player, ascend 1,2,3 via commands and you should no longer have issues, dont touch the save game afterwards and never reset settings.

August 15th 2019 still dealing with this bs was playing on single player for like 3 or 4 months was playing on all the maps with the same character finally unlocked tek tier everything all my progress just gone all my bases my skins & dinos even everything i had stored in the obelisk to transfer between maps all gone and now whenever i try to get back on my maps and explorer notes reset for both single player and online DILO wildcard honestly i think I'm done with this game wasted so much time on this pos glitchfest i swear to fkn god if it's not one thing it's another with this bs game instead of focusing on new dlc every few months maybe they should actually focus on MAKING THEIR GAME ACTUALLY PLAYABLE 

On 6/25/2019 at 4:14 AM, RegisInferorum said:

Hi there,

Same issue here, even on the new map Valguero. I have this error on both PC Val and PS4 Rag, honestly I just gave up on the using the map, and just fly around getting lost on maps I don't know.

**FIX UPDATE** Finally after so long, here is the solution to Ark MiniMap Resetting each time you log in!!

Follow these steps in order:

1) Delete ALL of your Single Player Save Games (No, this does not reset your achievements, yes, this does reset your skins)

2) Start a local single player game on The Island with a new character. Go into console commands and input "playercommand Ascend1" (capital A). The game takes you to the End Credits screen and simply skip to go back to the main menu. 

3) Start a local single player game on The Center and use the Download Character option and download the character you made on The Island. Then go into console commands and input "playercommand Ascend2". The game takes you to the End Credits screen again, so skip that then it takes you back to the main menu. 

4) Start a local single player game on Ragnarok/Valguero and download your character from The Island/The Center again. Fly around for a bit, uncover a bit of the map. You don't need to uncover the entire thing, just fly around for 2 minutes lol! You then need to simply exit the game, hop onto your official/unofficial Server and VOILA you should see the uncovered parts of the map again! 

All that's left for you to do is uncover the map again! And now next time you log off and back on again, you should have your map still uncovered, pins and all! 

I was on my private PS4 Unofficial Server called "Server X" and I had spent about 30min manually typing in the coordinates to other tribe's bases, just for them to reset! That totally sucked! But now it's all working! 

*Possible Causes*

I do believe the reason this happens is because of something to do with your local gamesaves becoming corrupted and it "trips" the minimap and then screws it all up lol! So if this happens again, just redo these steps! Also, it's punishment for "cheating" to get the skins! 

Hope this helps you out! If it does, give it a thumbs up!

Edited by invincibleqc
Text formatting issues!

On 8/19/2019 at 12:49 AM, mattygaga2015 said:

**FIX UPDATE** Finally after so long, here is the solution to Ark MiniMap Resetting each time you log in!!

Follow these steps in order:

1) Delete ALL of your Single Player Save Games (No, this does not reset your achievements, yes, this does reset your skins)

2) Start a local single player game on The Island with a new character. Go into console commands and input "playercommand Ascend1" (capital A). The game takes you to the End Credits screen and simply skip to go back to the main menu. 

3) Start a local single player game on The Center and use the Download Character option and download the character you made on The Island. Then go into console commands and input "playercommand Ascend2". The game takes you to the End Credits screen again, so skip that then it takes you back to the main menu. 

4) Start a local single player game on Ragnarok/Valguero and download your character from The Island/The Center again. Fly around for a bit, uncover a bit of the map. You don't need to uncover the entire thing, just fly around for 2 minutes lol! You then need to simply exit the game, hop onto your official/unofficial Server and VOILA you should see the uncovered parts of the map again! 

All that's left for you to do is uncover the map again! And now next time you log off and back on again, you should have your map still uncovered, pins and all! 

I was on my private PS4 Unofficial Server called "Server X" and I had spent about 30min manually typing in the coordinates to other tribe's bases, just for them to reset! That totally sucked! But now it's all working! 

*Possible Causes*

I do believe the reason this happens is because of something to do with your local gamesaves becoming corrupted and it "trips" the minimap and then screws it all up lol! So if this happens again, just redo these steps! Also, it's punishment for "cheating" to get the skins! 

Hope this helps you out! If it does, give it a thumbs up!

Hi man, 

Thank you for the solution, it does work but found the solution a bit earlier. Deleting save games and doing SP ascensions, fixed the problem for me on all maps. 

Sad part, lost all notes and I was around 91% close to finishing everything. I will try to gather the ones left, checking old videos, and see if getting only the missing ones pops the trophy.

Thank you again.

On 8/20/2019 at 10:18 AM, RegisInferorum said:

Hi man, 

Thank you for the solution, it does work but found the solution a bit earlier. Deleting save games and doing SP ascensions, fixed the problem for me on all maps. 

Sad part, lost all notes and I was around 91% close to finishing everything. I will try to gather the ones left, checking old videos, and see if getting only the missing ones pops the trophy.

Thank you again.

Hey my pleasure! Shame you have to lose all your stuff lol! Ark F*ckery at its finest 🤣 should join our clustered server lol and get them back that way! Server X PS4 Unofficial ☺️

Hey^^ does anyone know something about "forbidden areas"? Because we have a weird problem on our server. If we're flying with Argentavis or other creatures to some new regions the game crushes and everytime we join the server it crushes instantly again. It's blue screen then and the error code is this: CE-34878-0 This keeps happening everytime until we die and then we have to respawn far away... No rescue of creatures or loot is possible because this poop will happen again..... for information: we have are a small tribe with 5-10 people, it's an inofficial server bought from nitrado. we play on ps4 btw... and we've seen this weird bug only on Ragnarok Map until now, in the south west to center region, from the south west isles flying to continent and some desert regions, too. 

Hey^^ does anyone know something about "forbidden areas"? Because we have a weird problem on our server. If we're flying with Argentavis or other creatures to some new regions the game crushes and everytime we join the server it crushes instantly again. It's blue screen then and the error code is this: CE-34878-0 This keeps happening everytime until we die and then we have to respawn far away... No rescue of creatures or loot is possible because this poop will happen again..... for information: we have are a small tribe with 5-10 people, it's an inofficial server bought from nitrado. we play on ps4 btw... and we've seen this weird bug only on Ragnarok Map until now, in the south west to center region, from the south west isles flying to continent and some desert regions, too.