Safety of location and defense recommendations?

ASucculentSucc

After having my previous wooden base raided, I switched servers and went to a new location. This place is known as West Zone 3.  

I made my base 5 walls tall all around and am now building higher floors including inside floors. Anyways, I am on a ridge that is accessible from the beach. It slowly leads up into a cliff, overseeing the beach. 

Another thing to add, I am at the very bottom of the mountain in NE island. It's the lowest area and flat, right before you go further down to the beach. The reason I've added this into my question is because of the several (thankfully friendly) lvl 100+ players on birds that I've encountered. 

Would they be a problem if my base was seen? It's 100% stone with reinforced doors. I have everything in that base, am I safe? I can't exactly put spikes up because everyone I saw was flying. The on-foot players probably couldn't break into unless they have like 5 people. Not to mention the explosive users are mostly in the North..I'm actually right next to North 1 though.

Point being..Will I be safe from players and how can I defend as a lvl 60 with no Dino yet? I just want to know how to dissuade or prevent people from wondering if they should raid me. 

Last thing. I have 2 HUGE but seemingly abandoned  neighboring bases. One has all walls and 3 floors built with one column of walls gone, that means they were raided?

The other base had about 30 behemoth gates built entirely around, with a third of it now gone and no doors in their buildings. Raided? And how can I prevent this from happening to me?

Thanks for reading this, sorry if it's a bit lengthy.

Personal suggestion would be to keep your current base as daily spot where you hang out and live. But DO NOT keep any valuables in that base. 

Do it for a month or two. Improve from time to time. Let people see you are there. Let them see there is life. Get some dinos you don't mind loosing.

While doing that, also build a location where you can hide and store your valuables. Make sure it is hidden, well protected. 

Goal is...your big base, if it gets attacked, you don't lose valuables. But you will know who the enemy is. 

Something like this video BUT HIDDEN.

Archived