filling in corners to block dinos entrance SOLVED

20GT

6 minutes ago, 20GT said:

Ah that's a great idea. And then I could add doors to access the interior of outer  side of the trap. 

What would be a good way to slaughter them? 

I was hoping my carno could lean over the side and get them but haven't tried it. 

Yeah then you can add doors to access your slits so you can still see whatever is inside and tranq accordingly. 

I doubt the carno will be able to lean in and hit without falling in itself. 

52 minutes ago, Dylan1602 said:

Yeah then you can add doors to access your slits so you can still see whatever is inside and tranq accordingly. 

I doubt the carno will be able to lean in and hit without falling in itself. 

I was actually thinking about removing a ramp and creating a space where he could get close but still be outside. Might have to lower the wall there. 

3 hours ago, 20GT said:

I was actually thinking about removing a ramp and creating a space where he could get close but still be outside. Might have to lower the wall there. 

Wild dinos don't take any fall damage so you can pick them up and drop them in, alternatively you can walk up the ramp whilst whatever you're trying to get is aggro following you. Then drop down into the cage as well and as soon as it drops into the cage run out of the gate and close the gate. Should work lovely.

I'm almost certain nothing can hit through a doorway so if you wanted your carno to kill something it would have to be in the trap as well to be able to attack and reach. What do you plan on taming?

No Taming just slaughter. 

All the Beavers will be there so that trick will only work once with more need in the trap. 

Just had an idea. If a carno can fit his head thu a door size opening. Place Fence walls down infront of the gate  that funnel down to a opening the Beavers can't escape from but the carno can stick his head in. 
   [_____] 
    \      /
      \  /
      ⬆
   Carno 

10 hours ago, 20GT said:

Ah that's a great idea. And then I could add doors to access the interior of outer  side of the trap. 

What would be a good way to slaughter them? 

I was hoping my carno could lean over the side and get them but haven't tried it. 

Build lots of campfires at the bottom of the pit,  lead the beavers in and then burn them to death, 

8 hours ago, ArkRage said:

Speaking of beavers.. Did they change them being able to create dams when inside a cage/building? I trapped a beaver in one of my cages that has a ceiling, but I realized I didn't have time to tame it, so I decided if it was still there the next day or whatever then I would. I later logged on to find a dam in the cage. xD

Yeah this is true, we done the exact same thing! Didn't have time to tame it so left it for the a couple of hours, came back and 2 dams had spawned in the taming cage.

Archived