Killing a Titan

Donk67

Ok so I seem to get a Titan randomly spawn in my base on Craggs island, never had to kill one myself as it could do too much damage to my "stuff and things" :-/ I used to get help from the Alfa tribes while I went off line.. Ok so there are no more Alfa tribes to help out, everyone and his dino's have left my server, it's usually just me  and some other person who keeps themselves to themselves so This time it's down to me! To kill the Titan I have three Gigas, one not really worth spit with only 17,000 plus health and very bad melee the other two though +30,000 health and 390 melee, 410 melee respectively.... What do you think? I only have primitive saddles btw too?? I've gated the Titan in with behemoth gate frames so it's not moving too much........... Do you guys think I stand a chance or not? :-/ Yeah I'm very much the NOOB!

29 minutes ago, Donk67 said:

Ok so I seem to get a Titan randomly spawn in my base on Craggs island, never had to kill one myself as it could do too much damage to my "stuff and things" :-/ I used to get help from the Alfa tribes while I went off line.. Ok so there are no more Alfa tribes to help out, everyone and his dino's have left my server, it's usually just me  and some other person who keeps themselves to themselves so This time it's down to me! To kill the Titan I have three Gigas, one not really worth spit with only 17,000 plus health and very bad melee the other two though +30,000 health and 390 melee, 410 melee respectively.... What do you think? I only have primitive saddles btw too?? I've gated the Titan in with behemoth gate frames so it's not moving too much........... Do you guys think I stand a chance or not? :-/ Yeah I'm very much the NOOB!

You would definitely rage the gigas but it's possible to kill it. Another much safer option would be to drown it, they die very quickly under water and can not attack while swimming. Another option is allosours, their bleed effect does massive damage to them if you have pack leader alpha boost. Make it bleed, run away, rinse and repeat. Lightning wyverns also make short work of titans

15 hours ago, WolfeUK said:

What do you get for killing it ?

cause when you kill this one wont another spawn ?

Very true yes one will spawn back in, in time, I think you get a bunch of xp for killing one......... I just need to know have I got the capability with the giga's I've got to kill it relatively quickly.... without too much damage to the surrounding buildings etc......

17 hours ago, Taconite said:

You would definitely rage the gigas but it's possible to kill it. Another much safer option would be to drown it, they die very quickly under water and can not attack while swimming. Another option is allosours, their bleed effect does massive damage to them if you have pack leader alpha boost. Make it bleed, run away, rinse and repeat. Lightning wyverns also make short work of titans

I could drown it I Guess as I'm right on the coast, Good idea :-)

20 hours ago, Donk67 said:

Unless you have a Giga with 400+ melee that has a HIGH imprint value to YOU and a Saddle with High Armor (90+) you will lose all your GIga's to it.

Best bet is to put you Dinos on passive, open a way up for it to get to the water to drown it.

The key is to not have it stomp on your base/dinos. When you aggro it with an arrow or gun, if you are within melee range of it, it will stomp smash your stuff. Make sure you are a good distance away and have it follow you to the water.

9 minutes ago, Palenor said:

Unless you have a Giga with 400+ melee that has a HIGH imprint value to YOU and a Saddle with High Armor (90+) you will lose all your GIga's to it.

Best bet is to put you Dinos on passive, open a way up for it to get to the water to drown it.

The key is to not have it stomp on your base/dinos. When you aggro it with an arrow or gun, if you are within melee range of it, it will stomp smash your stuff. Make sure you are a good distance away and have it follow you to the water.

You can easily kill a titan with a 250-350 giga. there is a technique to it. We kill them all the time with gigas and light wyverns. light wyverns are obviously very very slow. gigas only take a few mins. Basically you agro the titan and walk in front of the titan and just keep walking and keep biting. maybe look upward some to keep his head up. It does best if imprinted bc it will walk faster but i have done it with non imprinted too. you are attacking the titans head the entire time. So you walk it like a dog and chomp its head. ez pz. i would not face tank a titan with most gigas.

If you want to kill that Titan with your Giga, get a better saddle. Much much better saddle. Although at this late game, good luck really. At least with pve server 166, people are hanging around because the server has a future after it goes down. I don't know about yours tho. You could always ask on the trading forum. But since your stuff is probably going to get deleted, I don't know.

14 hours ago, Sphere said:

At least with pve server 166, people are hanging around because the server has a future after it goes down. I don't know about yours tho. You could always ask on the trading forum. But since your stuff is probably going to get deleted, I don't know.

Could you Explain this please, I don't know of any new announcements regarding server deletions other than the listings from August? Yet you say 166 will be safe?

Normally I use Lightning wyvern with 400+ damage to kill it slowly...like 25 minutes.

Titan is kind of different from other wild dino, if you attack it, it will kind of only attack those who attacked it (remember to whistle all passive to your dino nearby first).

As in, you can attack it from the sky, and land a distance away, it will only follow the attacker aggressively once the attacker lands on the ground  or buildings.

Another thing is that, Titan will start attacking when the attacker is near its Neck or buttock part. 

That's all, and good luck.

3 hours ago, Donk67 said:

Could you Explain this please, I don't know of any new announcements regarding server deletions other than the listings from August? Yet you say 166 will be safe?

Has been discussed with the staff here, several times, talking about how legacy servers will eventually be phased out. We predict that the next purge will be with the expansion map release. They may actually release expansion maps on legacy. Don't know. But I can tell you this, 166 has a home on my new Ryzen Threadripper 1950X server, along with a whole cluster of other maps. Not only that, apparently another guy is running 166 on his box as well. I guess not everybody wants to go new officials.

On 17/10/2017 at 12:06 PM, Sphere said:

Has been discussed with the staff here, several times, talking about how legacy servers will eventually be phased out. We predict that the next purge will be with the expansion map release. They may actually release expansion maps on legacy. Don't know. But I can tell you this, 166 has a home on my new Ryzen Threadripper 1950X server, along with a whole cluster of other maps. Not only that, apparently another guy is running 166 on his box as well. I guess not everybody wants to go new officials.

Ok, I guess it'll all come out in the wash, sooner or later..... Tbh I wish they just put us out of our misery, If they kill more legacy servers then that's me done for good as I'm slowly losing interest in the game as the days go by....... With another potential kill list looming What's the point in spending more Hours building and breeding if it's all going to be for nought.. ?? At the very  least they could produce a safe server list if only a handful are to be spared!

14 minutes ago, Donk67 said:

Ok, I guess it'll all come out in the wash, sooner or later..... Tbh I wish they just put us out of our misery, If they kill more legacy servers then that's me done for good as I'm slowly losing interest in the game as the days go by....... With another potential kill list looming What's the point in spending more Hours building and breeding if it's all going to be for nought.. ?? At the very  least they could produce a safe server list if only a handful are to be spared!

If you have a map that is not the island, I could host it. Let me know which map.

well, I usually use a 100% imprinted giga with over 500% melee with a saddle with +100 armor, no technique needed at all, just click the mouse until the fight is over ...
If the titan is really close to the base, I just bring his sister (giga) with me to get the mate boost and kill the titan in less than a minute.

You can also use a pack of rexes and a yuty,  like on a boss fight, just make sure the rexes have +35k H, +700% melee, good saddles and bring no less than 12 with you.
Sometimes I took the rexes to help them level up faster than on boss fights. I am always hunting for titans because the huge amount of EXP you get by killing them.

23 minutes ago, HiImZech said:

server slots? aren't you hosting it on your own pc?

Servers require resources. These resources are, RAM, CPU cores, and SSD space. I am going to be using the Ryzen Threadripper 1950X. Typically to support a good population, you will want around about 2 cores, 4 threads. Two servers will have 1 core and 3 threads, and another two will have 2 cores and 3 threads. I have a total of 16 cores and 32 threads. Just because I'm not renting, doesn't mean I have unlimited resources. I can later down the road buy more hardware and run more servers, but then I eventually run out of Internet pipeline. As things are, I can host player space for the 9 servers I am running. But going further is not possible without buying a second Internet line into the building.

This is what I mean by resources.

1. 2c/3t = The Island

2. 2c/3t = Expansion 2

3. 1c/3t = Scorched Earth

4. 1c/3t = Spare Mapslot

5. 2c/4t = Ragnarok

6. 2c/4t = Expansion 1

7. 2c/4t = pvp 1

8. 2c/4t = pvp 2

9. 2c/4t = pvp 3

Then I need the RAM to back it up, along with the Internet connection. I will be able to cover for this setup. I may even change the resources arrangement later down the road according to need. Reality is, each server needs 1 core to handle the world. After that, it's threads and cores to handle players. I am told that this setup will work.

We are thinking of using the spare map slot for a custom map, the best out there to put up. We will see how popular it gets.

Shesh, this thread was about Titans, let's stop going off topic. I'm sure any moderator will agree. I will not talk about this here further. If you wish, private message me.

We have a similar problem.  I created a dummy account and have that tribe allied with us.... that character owns a high level argy that we keep parked with our stuff.

Sooo Titan spawns....  we go offline, wait for ORP protection, log on as dummy character, aggro titan and kite it out of our base and drown it.

Easy Peezy

On 10/15/2017 at 11:40 AM, Donk67 said:

Wait, its IN YOUR BASE? If you tried to attack it, it would destroy your gates. Is your server ORP? If so, kick your friend from the tribe and give him a ptera, log out so he can kite it and then let him back in. If not, use the quetzal method. You can actually get a titan on the platform saddle and slowly move it.

Don't try to fight it. It won't end well.

Archived