Ragnarok ice cave strategy

Supaciv

Ok, like the title says, what is you preferred method to run the ice cave? Last night was my first time going in the first part you can fly in, but I am looking for your strategy for the rest of the cave. I watched some videos on YouTube, and apparently you can jump down the whole in the tunnel and run a loop bk up to where you park the flier? This method gets you some red drops but avoids the ice queen. Any ever do this method? If so what do you load out with to run the cave?

On 15 October 2017 at 8:16 PM, ArkRage said:

There's a a video on youtube showing how you can walk past the ice queen after it despawns. It's annoying af because people are just camping in/around the cave getting all the loot from there. It's awkward af going to the ice cave to see the same people waiting for loot lol.

The cactus broth trick no longer gets you the artefact or drops in the queens chamber, at least on PC. It changed with the desert update, you now have to kill the queen to get the last 4 drops. 

People are always farming the first 4 drops though (in the death worm area) easiest way is a good shield and some high health vultures. Once you have decent armour and a good pump action, just sprint through and unload on any worm that pops up, I have my run down to about 10 minutes now, including the ice queen (I have 3 wolves in her arena) and collecting my wyvern from the start of the cave (I leave one sat outside the exit and fly straight to the cave, pick up my main wyvern and the drop off my spare at the exit again). But I am rocking a 220% pump action and know the spawns quite well. 

Make sure urge you get a full run of the starting crates and if you are not killing the queen wait at the 1st drop (to the left of the group of 3) 40 minutes after collecting them, it's a safe spot and the 1st drop to respawn so you should consistently loot 3, if not all 4 if you get the timings right, every 45 minutes.

14 minutes ago, ArkRage said:

Not sure if this has been fixed either. It was uploaded a week ago.

After the patch i tried de-spawning the ice queen 3 or 4 times to see if it was just somebody else beating me to the crates, i didn't get an artifact spawn from any of those runs. I'm away from my pc right now but Ill kill the queen and leave an artifact waiting for me and re-run it an hour later to check.

16 minutes ago, Supaciv said:

K, I have seen the vulture method, but where do they spawn on ragnarok? We already have apprentice shield bp and 2 mastercraft shotguns with 166% damage, will those take out death worms fast enough?

You can get vultures down in the SE where the  Morellatops play.  I'd also recommend using this link:

https://ark.gamepedia.com/Spawn_Map_(Ragnarok)

I've put togeather some data on this exact question recently as it were, and Minimum to kill an ice worm solo you will need:

Full fur

Metal shield

MasterCraft quality sword

Battle Tartare

Enduro Soup

and the more points in damage the better.

if you have friends you can make more progress getting more loot crates. The key to this dungeon is your shield however, so the better quality shield you can bring, the more worms you will kill. Likewise, the more damage you and your friends can do, the fewer hits your shield will take before it breaks

13 minutes ago, GaaraXD said:

I took a Asendant shotgun with 257% and I 2 shot the death worms, I made a few of each broths and a few sets of flack armor and gun them down. I also have a set of bears in the room with the boss and she only attacks them and I gun her down in like 20 shots. 

Did you raise the bears in the cave?

I take 2-3 sets of flak (2 now that we have 500 plus dura on chest and pants. J Man shotgun with 230 damage, 100 rounds, 30 med brews and 1 cactus broth.

I despawn the worm atm but I can easily get through the male ice worm area.

On 10/19/2017 at 5:30 PM, DaGoodNamesWereTaken said:

Did you raise the bears in the cave?

I take 2-3 sets of flak (2 now that we have 500 plus dura on chest and pants. J Man shotgun with 230 damage, 100 rounds, 30 med brews and 1 cactus broth.

I despawn the worm atm but I can easily get through the male ice worm area.

I did rasise the bears inside the cave I had 4 of them taking on the death worm. How do you despawn it? 

Strange. Me and my tribemates tried to bring 10 high level Dimorphs with us, but at some point there was an invisible wall that prevented the Dimorphs to follow us. Our strategy was: Me in front with 2 high quality shields, good armor, medics and brews and the others killed everything that attacked me. One of us died just because he underestimated the AoE of the Ice Queen^^

On 21 October 2017 at 12:49 PM, DomiDarko said:

Strange. Me and my tribemates tried to bring 10 high level Dimorphs with us, but at some point there was an invisible wall that prevented the Dimorphs to follow us. Our strategy was: Me in front with 2 high quality shields, good armor, medics and brews and the others killed everything that attacked me. One of us died just because he underestimated the AoE of the Ice Queen^^

It's not an invisible wall but the follow mechanics getting confused, whistle them forward then follow all again.

I have 4 rude boy wolves in the ice queen chamber that take care of her for me as they are so much fun in the ice cave itself and have full access to every drop/area. levelling them on males takes a while though, but you can always outrun them lol.

On ‎10‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 3:39 PM, GaaraXD said:

I did rasise the bears inside the cave I had 4 of them taking on the death worm. How do you despawn it? 

Take Cactus broth, drop down waterfall, run around queen (if you get too close she will agro) thn go to the water fall past the loading screen and just wait a few minutes. theres a dead body about where you should be standing. Go back in the room and loot the 3 drops and dip.

49 minutes ago, DaGoodNamesWereTaken said:

Take Cactus broth, drop down waterfall, run around queen (if you get too close she will agro) thn go to the water fall past the loading screen and just wait a few minutes. theres a dead body about where you should be standing. Go back in the room and loot the 3 drops and dip.

No longer works. The final drops are linked to her death on pc and soon xbox/ps.

Archived