what does everyone like on a server

MattyCambo

I prefer vanilla so I play on official. Although if I played on unofficial I'd be interested in boss mods that either made the current boss fights intelligently designed or added in new bosses and fights that'd give me a run for my money. Hell. Apparently making the current boss fights not 100% slugfests is a pretty simple thing to do at least according to a game developer from another company who is familiar with the game. I remember a while ago when a game dev from Wildcard offered some challenge about anyone making a boss mod like that would get a job there. Came up with a solution less than three minutes after reading the post and that's actually what I ran by the non-Wildcard dev. Shame I'm not a modder. :D

A mod that disabled claiming would be nice too.

So basically mods that fix all the things we've been asking the people of Wildcard to fix for years.

Honestly I like both. When I do modded, I play with mostly building mods and creature mods. Currently, I think I have all the Eco mods, S+, Platforms+, and CKF for my building mods, and Deinonychus, Deinosuchus, Better Liopleurodon, and Colossoscorpius for my creature mods. I also edit the .ini to boost max spawn level to 300 on modded...because why the heck not?

Vanilla fan here... Except for a few exceptions:
Any form of structure clipping - Not a mod, its a server setting. Honestly I have no idea why this isn't enabled in official pve, would make life easier to put foundations closer to ground. Structures+ is nice though to use with this feature and has a metal version of glass too which people like to have instead of that tissue paper we have now.  http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=731604991

Love the idea behind that auction house mod, just not exactly how its implemented (Wish we could send items to ourselves for safer transfers, but that's cheating :P) still love it.
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=898049820

I like teleporting mods as they kept people from needlessly rendering/unstasising  the entire map to go somewhere thus causing lag to everyone on servers. Stargate was probably my favorite.
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=609380111
Liked the walls from this mod
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=497432858

And lastly a better spyglass so I'm not taming dozens of things looking for a stat...
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=793605978

This was my list from awhile back (over a year for most except ah, that is a new addition), just a few things but each has its own little part that I liked. Looking at the links now id definitely say s+ is much different then it was.

We run the below on all our servers. Although I'm going to be removing raft pipes once I've got round to sorting any pipes on all our various rafts around the servers as the S+ ones work on rafts just fine.

• Pet Finder
  • Builder's Improvements
  • Castles, Keeps and Forts
  • ARK Power Solutions
  • Light Controller
  • Medieval Props
  • Metal Cages Mod
  • ARK Fog Remover
  • Bridge
  • Classic Flyers
  • Meat Dehydrator
  • GlassMetal
  • Raft Pipes
  • DA Mod Pack
  • Roofing Plus
  • Structures Plus (S+)
  • eco's Garden Decor

When I search for a server, I look for a cluster Island + Current desirable map, Ragnarok ATM. Other maps irrelevant. Ping <100.

Mandatory mods: Structures+, Platforms+, Stacks (configured to be small). Rates around 3-4x official for taming/breeding/harvesting,1-2x XP (1x preferable). Some form of ORP (>=30 min timer) to PvP actually being PvP as my online varies.

Instant "No, thanks" are Classic Flyers or changed Dino/Player attributes. I would add here RL Shop as intoleralble thing, but our Russian servers (especially clusters) are plagued with it. And EU ones have huge timezone difference for me.

8 hours ago, GP said:

Only S+. I prefer as little mods as possible due to the constant updates when having large number of mods. Besides the mod mismatch issues there's also the troubleshooting the cause issues that comes with having lots of mods.

That's another reason why I prefer vanilla or as close to it as possible. Sure I'd love to load up various games with dozens of mods but as soon as there's even a small update to the game everything tends to go to pot.

2 hours ago, Vrallox said:

That's another reason why I prefer vanilla or as close to it as possible. Sure I'd love to load up various games with dozens of mods but as soon as there's even a small update to the game everything tends to go to pot.

This was an issue in the past, not much of an issue anymore.

On 10/15/2017 at 3:08 AM, MattyCambo said:

what sort of mods does everyone like to see on servers?

do they prefer vanilla?

I honestly don't care that much which mods are on the server, but I do prefer 3x-5x rates. I like when Advanced Rafts is on a server, Eco Mods if people can not go crazy with it. S+ doesn't hurt, but I'm also cool with just having the Builder's helmet. Better Beacons or equivalent is pretty sweet too...but none of it is necessary.

I would suggest sticking with QoL mods and scale it based off the number of players.  Good QoL mods are S+ Structures, egg and poop collector, and a stacking mod (mainly to reduce tedium).  Then I would boost gathering, taming and mating/incubation/growth for babies.  How much I would increase those would depend on the number of players, so you are basically compensating a lack of players with boosts.

On 16.10.2017 at 12:04 PM, AtillaWalker said:

Ping <100.

Dont trust the ping on the server browser. I have no clue from were they ping the servers but it's for sure not your system. To see the real ping you need to join the server and hit ESC to look at the ping.

For example for my cluster the server browser allways shows a ping of about 100 to 150, while EU players joining the server actualy observe a ping in game of between 10 and 30.

On our PVE we have no mods but various settings tweaked:

• Flyer carry
  • Flyer stamina recovery
  • No clip buildings
  • Cave building
  • Tribe imprinting (anybody can cuddle to get the imprinter 100% once a member has initially imprinted)

Multipliers:

•  x10 - Global Spoil Timer 
  •  x2 - Crop Growth, XP, Taming, Harvesting 
  •  x10 - Egg Hatch Speed, Baby Muturation Speed 
  •  x0.1 - Imprint Interval 
  •  x2.5 - Platform Structure Limit 
  •  x5 - Boss Tek Element

But we are a small 30 slot server with only our tribe of 3 and a couple of other players.

Archived