CurryP

Rain causing temp drop

Hi Team and All,

Not sure if this has been mentioned. new to bug reporting.

Noticed that when it rains the temp can go from plus 10-20 to minus 5-20. surely that can't be right? I understand that in some places rain can be cold, but it can also b warm. Can it just be wet?

Building off of this. The temperature drops while raining started happening this intensely after v272's release.

Based on what I've heard from most places on the map, just the rain event itself causes a significant temperature drop, in addition to the temperature change during the rain event.

I monitored the temperature during a rain at Viking Bay. I can't predict or control the weather so I don't know the temperature before it started raining. Toward the beginning of the rain, the temperature was 31 F. Over the course, it dipped down to 20 F, and climbed back up to 31 F. After the rain ended, the temperature was 67 F.

I'm going to assume the rain itself drops the temperature by 36 F (20 C), on top of the 11 F or 12  F (6 C) fluctuation while raining.

Also having this problem on the server I am on. Rain is like clockwork right now every 45 minutes.  Temperature can go from being to hot to freezing to death instantly.  Fur armor does nothing, thinking it is treated like swimming?  Even going into a house does not offer too much protection.  Along with this it seems the rain interferes with passive tames.  I was trying to tame a mantis and after it started raining the progress plummeted.  I was still able to feed each 3 minutes but the progress kept dropping and I had to give up.

More observation in Hidana, by the green ob. I was on the way back to Viking Bay from the wyvern enclave, and it was raining there. The temp was low teens, it was 10 F when I got there and it stopped raining at 17 F. It increased to 54 F after the rain cleared. That's a difference of 37 F. Accounting for possible rounding errors, 20 C.

Same, now have to carry an ascendant fur chestpiece around with me at all times (which is damned inconvenient lol). Temps drop from mid to high 20's (C) down to -5 ish (C) the split second it starts raining at our main base in Viking bay. It's literally gone from one extreme to the other (where it used to be too hot most of the time even with desert armour on). The split second the rain stops, it's back up to the previous mid 20's ish again.

On 15.10.2017 at 10:18 AM, CurryP said:

Hi Team and All,

Not sure if this has been mentioned. new to bug reporting.

Noticed that when it rains the temp can go from plus 10-20 to minus 5-20. surely that can't be right? I understand that in some places rain can be cold, but it can also b warm. Can it just be wet?

Its ok if the temperatures are falling this way.... but at -5 its snowing, not raining :)  

Possible fix 1: Change weather system back (Because it anyway only generates problems like the blue fog in night)

Possible fix 2: Change rain to snow

This is definitely a bug, and still ongoing. Does matter where on the map you are, soon as it starts raining temperatures drops significantly and you will die unless you are in a structure (and usually with a heat source). For me this happens even if I'm wearing full fur gear. I had to raise my torpidity up to 50 just to be able to not quickly die once it starts raining.

Hope this gets fixed sometime soon because it's very inconvenient to be out exploring or harvesting or taming and have to scramble to erect a shelter once it starts raining.