What would be your ideal dream Ark?

ArkenArcher

They did a great job as far as developing the Ark. I just say remove tek gear. I would like a more basic package. Man vs Dinosaur. Up to assault rifles. I like Golem's and Wyvern's but put them back in the ground along with Unicorns and Griffins. 

A more authentic feel with real dinosaurs and the dinosaur's being designed more realistic, Giga's were presumed faster than Rex but not so much bigger or more powerful. I don't mind combining periods, Jurassic, Triassic, Cretaceous, and even a dip into the Ice Age (yay mammoths and rhino's and wolves etc.). 

I love most of the abilities the dino's currently employ, maybe tweak a thing here and there (make Spino's harvest more fish meat than a Rex of equal damage, etc. Little things like that.)

I love the Island, Centre, and Ragnarok maps. Ragnarok is very beautiful despite its glitchy nature so let me get a map like that. 

I think in my Ark, as geared as I am on officials towards the boss, I wouldn't have boss fights instead I would have the RNG throw some danger at me randomly. A herd of Brontosaurus' being attacked by a Rex come and crash through my base. It would make base design against the environment more important than metal behemoth gates keeps all environmental dangers not named Titanosaur out. On that if you don't believe a 50,000 pound dinosaur (Bronto) would uproot your metal placements when hitting it with a certain force, then basic science is not your strong suit. 

So I'd like more real world mechanics based upon physics included. Basically my Ark would take this stuff right out of the science books, dino's, physics, basic science, and then just throw humans into the mix and truly let survival of the fittest showcase itself.

2 hours ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

They did a great job as far as developing the Ark. I just say remove tek gear. I would like a more basic package. Man vs Dinosaur. Up to assault rifles. I like Golem's and Wyvern's but put them back in the ground along with Unicorns and Griffins. 

A more authentic feel with real dinosaurs and the dinosaur's being designed more realistic, Giga's were presumed faster than Rex but not so much bigger or more powerful. I don't mind combining periods, Jurassic, Triassic, Cretaceous, and even a dip into the Ice Age (yay mammoths and rhino's and wolves etc.). 

I love most of the abilities the dino's currently employ, maybe tweak a thing here and there (make Spino's harvest more fish meat than a Rex of equal damage, etc. Little things like that.)

I love the Island, Centre, and Ragnarok maps. Ragnarok is very beautiful despite its glitchy nature so let me get a map like that. 

I think in my Ark, as geared as I am on officials towards the boss, I wouldn't have boss fights instead I would have the RNG throw some danger at me randomly. A herd of Brontosaurus' being attacked by a Rex come and crash through my base. It would make base design against the environment more important than metal behemoth gates keeps all environmental dangers not named Titanosaur out. On that if you don't believe a 50,000 pound dinosaur (Bronto) would uproot your metal placements when hitting it with a certain force, then basic science is not your strong suit. 

So I'd like more real world mechanics based upon physics included. Basically my Ark would take this stuff right out of the science books, dino's, physics, basic science, and then just throw humans into the mix and truly let survival of the fittest showcase itself.

Sounds like ARK: Call of the Wild is your thing ;)

I like the idea of the RNG wild attacks. There is a mod for it for PC, a craftable structure that "calls" dinos to attack yoir base with customizeable settings. It would definatly add to the PVE aspect if they add something similar. It even had something in the Scorched Earth dossiers where Mantis destroyed water pipes to ambush the humans who came out to fix it. I know thats not freasible, but something akin to dinos raids would be cool. 

Fewer carnivores, but make them more dangerous. 

Fewer big dinos overall. 

Herbivores have herds (not just group spawns, but actual herds).

Double the number of species in the game.

The third one Is probably what I'd like to see most. A dozen triceratops together, and if one gets atttacked, they team up. Or a flock of gallimimus. Or a herd of equus. Basically, make dinos interact with each other in more natural ways. 

Map-Wise, i'd like an Ark with all the biomes in the game (this might not be possible because some of these belong to DLC, the closest thing we have right now is Ragnarok)

Game wise:

I'd like better combat, one that doesn't rely on DPS so much (this can be fixed by adding things like dodging, blocking, heavy attacks, etc.) this is very unlikely to happen though.

Either that, or an AI overhaul (let's be honest, it needs it, this includes improvements such as the one RufiosGhost mentioned, the one where dinos spawn in herds and interact more)

24 minutes ago, Darckray said:

Map-Wise, i'd like an Ark with all the biomes in the game (this might not be possible because some of these belong to DLC, the closest thing we have right now is Ragnarok)

Game wise:

I'd like better combat, one that doesn't rely on DPS so much (this can be fixed by adding things like dodging, blocking, heavy attacks, etc.) this is very unlikely to happen though.

Either that, or an AI overhaul (let's be honest, it needs it, this includes improvements such as the one RufiosGhost mentioned, the one where dinos spawn in herds and interact more)

The types of combined maps exist as mods but likely you will never see An official one with all maps combined. Only reason rag has scorched things is because that was planned for the map before it was made official. There is a major AI revamp planned before the end of the year that already includes stuff like dinos sleeping at certain points in the day.

13 hours ago, ArkenArcher said:

Just as the title says, I am instrested in your guys ideal Ark. What biomes, how big they are, what animals, unquie things, etc. Just post what Ark would be perfect for you! Thanks ahead of time.

Like a water world map with small desert islands scattered around the surface,  where you spawn on a wooden raft in deep ocean,  on the islands are caves that lead under the ocean floor that lead to a vast underworld area with many caverns to build bases and lots of ressources to farm,  there are also sea caves that lead to the underworld at the bottom of the ocean,  and ruins at the bottom of the ocean that have air bubbles like the centre.  

The map needs to come with new building sets for floating platforms that are stationary and can make a sea Base immune to leeds,  also It needs jet skis and hovercrafts And submarines. 

9 hours ago, SmokeyB said:

Like a water world map with small desert islands scattered around the surface,  where you spawn on a wooden raft in deep ocean,  on the islands are caves that lead under the ocean floor that lead to a vast underworld area with many caverns to build bases and lots of ressources to farm,  there are also sea caves that lead to the underworld at the bottom of the ocean,  and ruins at the bottom of the ocean that have air bubbles like the centre.  

The map needs to come with new building sets for floating platforms that are stationary and can make a sea Base immune to leeds,  also It needs jet skis and hovercrafts And submarines. 

I see someone shares my dream Ark! As for the boss for such a Water World map, can we say " Release the Kraken"?

18 hours ago, spoop said:

A massive European forest map will multiple sections that can range from bright clearings to fog wisps and darkness. Filled with all sorts of sounds and outlandish beasts where the main theme is the fear of The unknown.

Now I'm envisioning a primitive version of an Ark-like game where you're an early cro-magnon entering Europe for the first time. No dinos, just mammals/birds. Tools/weapons are all stone or bone. NPC tribes of neanderthals. 

That's a very different game story-wise, but many of the mechanics could be similar. 

I'd definitely play that. 

I was going to say an Ark with naturally flowing biomes, but I remembered that the "Jungle-to-Snow" biomes in Ark right now make sense in the lore of the game. So far, I really like the official mod maps, but the story maps take the cake. I would like to see more "Biome specific" maps like SE (maybe an ice map?). As for creatures, I enjoy the fantasy ones, but extinct fauna is what attracted me to Ark in the first place. If I were to change the current spawns on The Island, I'd make certain herbivores more numerous, some carnivores less numerous, and give them an AI that can determine if a rock is in the way.:D I'd also want wild animals to pose a threat no matter what point in the game I reach (and I'm not talking only about the op wild Giganotosaurus that I rarely see). I'd probably make tamed creatures far easier to obtain, but a lot weaker, so run-ins with wild animals wouldn't just mean an "all you can eat buffet" has arrived. 

I loved the old original Island map if they could put the snow biome back like it was keep the redwood and add a spot for desert and a world scar for the wyverns it would be perfect for me. Add 2x everything on new officials like the legacy have. Less troodons. and inner map spawns instead of just the beaches. 

I love what they have done so far, except for

-The server transfers that allow an alpha group (read bunch of low lives whos sole accomplishment was to group 70+ players)  to ruin the fun for everyone on many servers (seriously can you just roll this back already and let server politics rule again!)

-stupid game disabling mechanics e.g. cages and handcuffs (how raptoring dumb do you have to be to add mechanics which favour the bully its already a complete mismatch when an alpha tribe comes wiping a server, giving the bully the ability to lock you out of a game you paid for??? Seriously raptorED!!!)

Archived