Early game fiber collectors

WolfeUK

4 hours ago, Moonie1 said:

People use MC and Asc cloth in the hot biomes even at high levels...

The point myself and others are making is you dont seem to mind giving yourself a major advantage when starting over, yet you draw the line at creating items or giving yourself other bps. Thats a bit confusing. Cloth bps, quetz saddles, its still giving yourself a boost. Its not starting over. Its starting over with high level bps, giving yourself a huge advantage.

You're the one who missed the point, as its my post and my rules i can do what the heck i like thanks, but nvm, ive sorted it!!!

There is no early need for large amounts of fibre for 99.9% of players, except for a contrived scenario such as the one you have orchestrated. Hence there is no low level gatherer available because it is simply not needed. Now it is your post and your rules so you may disagree but I think in this case at least this part of the game has been well thought out :D

6 hours ago, Armadatiny said:

There is no early need for large amounts of fibre for 99.9% of players, except for a contrived scenario such as the one you have orchestrated. Hence there is no low level gatherer available because it is simply not needed. Now it is your post and your rules so you may disagree but I think in this case at least this part of the game has been well thought out :D

Oh, so you dont need fiber to make tools, armor or buildings when you are low level ?? because all the other resources can be collected on mass with Dinos of some sort early game!

Ive played many play through, get to high level, only then do i get ascendant gear, by then though i get bored with no more leveling, so i start over because i enjoy the early game, i got to the point where i kept throwing away really good ascendant gear without using them, so i decided to give myself some BP of them on the next scenario but make the settings harder, just so i could use them, the game allows you to do so, so i did, not sure why most of you here cant grasp that concept, i asked a simple question but got poop for it because i was trying new ideas instead of getting bored, god help anyone who doesnt play by the rules around here, bearing in mind this is a sandbox survival game and there are no rules!!

Anyway im done with this convo, i got what i needed out of it, thanks to the 2 guys who actually tried to help whilst the rest where just telling me how to play a game like they normally do around here!.

1 hour ago, WolfeUK said:

Oh, so you dont need fiber to make tools, armor or buildings when you are low level ?? because all the other resources can be collected on mass with Dinos of some sort early game!

Ive played many play through, get to high level, only then do i get ascendant gear, by then though i get bored with no more leveling, so i start over because i enjoy the early game, i got to the point where i kept throwing away really good ascendant gear without using them, so i decided to give myself some BP of them on the next scenario but make the settings harder, just so i could use them, the game allows you to do so, so i did, not sure why most of you here cant grasp that concept, i asked a simple question but got poop for it because i was trying new ideas instead of getting bored, god help anyone who doesnt play by the rules around here, bearing in mind this is a sandbox survival game and there are no rules!!

Anyway im done with this convo, i got what i needed out of it, thanks to the 2 guys who actually tried to help whilst the rest where just telling me how to play a game like they normally do around here!.

No, you're not done with the convo. You'll come back. 

Don't bother making cloth and stone tool blueprints outside of the primitive engrams you learn yourself. As neato as an Ascendant stone hatchet seems, it's not worth making at low levels because *gasp* it takes forever to farm the materials for it. There is absolutely no rational reason for someone to make that crap unless you already have the tames around to assist in farming the materials. 

Truthfully, the "problem" you're describing isn't a problem. I'm all for playing the game in different ways. You are correct, there are no rules...but there are stupid decisions. Attempting to craft a stone-tool from a blueprint that requires 10k of any material is a stupid decision. Doing so at a low-level just because you don't "play by the rules" is just masochistic.

4 hours ago, WolfeUK said:

thanks to the 2 guys who actually tried to help whilst the rest where just telling me how to play a game like they normally do around here!.

Arent you sitting there, posting that they need to add in a low level fiber farmer? That's you telling the designers how to run their own game. Sorta hypocritical of you to point your finger at others while doing something similar.

As for your reply to my post, No, you did not get the point others were trying to make. At all.

On 10/15/2017 at 3:12 AM, WolfeUK said:

Just looked through them all, the first saddle you can get for a fiber collector is a pachy at level 27,

Not very well thought out imo, Fiber is really important early game, more so than any other material, specially as i have a few really good blueprints for stone tools and cloth armor, in total i need over 10k fiber to make them, but cant collect it on mass till i get to level 27, buy which time im onto metal tools and hide armor...making those blueprints pretty pointless unless you have a few days just to collect fiber...

They really need to give us a early game fiber collector 

gather bushes for 5 mins youll get at least a thousand there done 

Archived