Early game fiber collectors

WolfeUK

14 minutes ago, PuffyPony said:

None exist for humans. If you can manage to get a low-level Moschops, they'll gather fiber for you. Otherwise, all by hand

Just looked through them all, the first saddle you can get for a fiber collector is a pachy at level 27,

Not very well thought out imo, Fiber is really important early game, more so than any other material, specially as i have a few really good blueprints for stone tools and cloth armor, in total i need over 10k fiber to make them, but cant collect it on mass till i get to level 27, buy which time im onto metal tools and hide armor...making those blueprints pretty pointless unless you have a few days just to collect fiber...

They really need to give us a early game fiber collector 

1 minute ago, WolfeUK said:

Just looked through them all, the first saddle you can get for a fiber collector is a pachy at level 27,

Not very well thought out imo, Fiber is really important early game, more so than any other material, specially as i have a few really good blueprints for stone tools and cloth armor, in total i need over 10k fiber to make them, but cant collect it on mass till i get to level 27, buy which time im onto metal and hide armor...making those blueprints pretty pointless unless you have a few days just to collect fiber...

I don't think the Pachy actually collects fiber o.O unless there's been an update I've missed along the way.

I would think the Gigantopithecus is the earliest game fiber collector for you to tame and is also one of the best. The wiki says you have to be level 30 to tame it but really that makes no sense as you can build a trap using wood structures and use mejoberries. Wooden structures needed are unlocked at level 11. Plus no saddle needed. 

May be something to look into in single player. Get to level 11, make your structures but never level up and try to tame it that way. 

8 hours ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

I would think the Gigantopithecus is the earliest game fiber collector for you to tame and is also one of the best. The wiki says you have to be level 30 to tame it but really that makes no sense as you can build a trap using wood structures and use mejoberries. Wooden structures needed are unlocked at level 11. Plus no saddle needed. 

May be something to look into in single player. Get to level 11, make your structures but never level up and try to tame it that way. 

Gigantopithecuses are level locked, you can’t tame them until your level 30.

Isn't sickle level 25?  Use that.  Prior to that by-hand picking.  Gets ur narcos and mejos for taming too.  Really tho why do you need fiber before level 20?  Thatch atructures use some, but thatch shouldn't be used to build anything more than a 1x1.  At level 20, maybe it's 15, u get a bow that can shoot like 40 arrows before breaking.  Arrows take fiber.  I think you're just meant to struggle until u get a sickle.

if you're on scorched or rag u can kill mantis for sickles.  Tranq arrows actually work really well as mantis have super low torpor.

15 hours ago, Brayn said:

Isn't sickle level 25?  Use that.  Prior to that by-hand picking.  Gets ur narcos and mejos for taming too.  Really tho why do you need fiber before level 20?  Thatch atructures use some, but thatch shouldn't be used to build anything more than a 1x1.  At level 20, maybe it's 15, u get a bow that can shoot like 40 arrows before breaking.  Arrows take fiber.  I think you're just meant to struggle until u get a sickle.

if you're on scorched or rag u can kill mantis for sickles.  Tranq arrows actually work really well as mantis have super low torpor.

Like i said in the post, low level armor (cloth) requires fiber, i have good blueprints for cloth armor that would need nearly 10k fiber to craft them all, but give me nearly 500 armor, that will be good to have at low level, even though i play single player i play with default settings on hardest difficulty, also i have a good stone pick and hatchet, that also require alot of fiber to craft, all in all i need about 13k fiber to craft it all

I do keep all the fiber i collect, but playing with default settings im luck if i get a few bits per bush, ive played hundreds if not thousands of hours with X3 or X6 harvesting, id like to try default settings for a play through, so im trying not to up the harvesting

I am using the sickle and its not too bad but its a level 30

The point im making, is this cloth armor is for low level, ie 0-25, but i cant collect fiber on mass till at least level 30, making it pretty worthless to have decent blueprints for it, this is bad game mechanics imo......

1 hour ago, WolfeUK said:

The point im making, is this cloth armor is for low level, ie 0-25, but i cant collect fiber on mass till at least level 30, making it pretty worthless to have decent blueprints for it, this is bad game mechanics imo......

You are not suppose to craft ascendant bp's when you are still low level without extreme farming. Also playing with high difficulty yields crazy bp's which yor harvesting rate does not match.

How did you get bp like that so early?

if you're on single player, you can spawn in resources for them or the tools to collect them. Or use commands to give yourself a saddle to ride something to collect it. Lots of work-arounds. If you don't want to "cheat," you probably shouldn't have those bp in the first place. 

Another "cheating" option could be to spawn in new blueprints. I've found you can get bp with similar item quality but much lower resource requirements on bp you spawn in instead of bp you find. 

I dont want to cheat stuff in, i might aswell put harvest on 20x's if im going to do that..... 

The BP's ive collected over the past year when i was a level 100, i kept the cloth armor and stone tools so i could give myself a good start when i decided to start over on default settings, which is kinda the point in it all, i mean why would i use stone tools or cloth armor at level 100 right, and your not going to find those items when your a level 30, so the only purpose is to use them when starting over, half the reason why we can place items in the obelisk ready for the next play through 

I spent a long time doing SP play throughs, wiping my saves and starting over, i soon realized i was giving up on some really good blueprints that i could keep and give myself a small head start on the next play through, dont forget, theres no harder way to play this game than in SP.....

52 minutes ago, Moonie1 said:

You already stacked the deck in your favor on a new start, why didnt you give yourself an ascendant sickle too?

Im giving myself BP not items, and an Ascendant sickle would cost 500 plus iron, and thats not an early game item....

Again i will say it, im talking about early game, like 0-25, not mid to late game

And again i will say it, why give you ascendant blueprints for cloth which is meant for early game like 0-25 when they cost so much in fiber, but you cant collect fiber in mass early game, thats all im asking guys.....game mechanics.....

But you’re missing the point. Those Ascendent Cloth BP’s, even though they are ‘just’ cloth, simply aren’t available to low level players, they’re RNG being a DireWolf from high level drops which you’re level 20 Bob can’t get because they’re in caves, the ocean, or simply level locked. If you hadn’t kept them then you wouldn’t be seeing them at all until at least level 60 when having fought your way through a difficult cave to a coveted yellow or red cave drop you open it and curse the heaven that all you have is a useless MC Cloth Boots BP!

To answer your main question though, if you really want the fiber right now, your best bet is to tame a Moschops, they’re a passive tame and you’ll need either Mejoberries, Raw Prime Fish Meat, Cooked Prime Meat, Rare Flowers, or Rare Mushrooms to tame them, it’ll change to one of those every time it wants feeding. Put it on wander around bushes and it will gather loads of fiber.

15 minutes ago, Kraken said:

But you’re missing the point. Those Ascendent Cloth BP’s, even though they are ‘just’ cloth, simply aren’t available to low level players, they’re RNG being a DireWolf from high level drops which you’re level 20 Bob can’t get because they’re in caves, the ocean, or simply level locked. If you hadn’t kept them then you wouldn’t be seeing them at all until at least level 60 when having fought your way through a difficult cave to a coveted yellow or red cave drop you open it and curse the heaven that all you have is a useless MC Cloth Boots BP!

I get that, but then at level 60 would you wear that 'cloth' gear ? no of course you wouldn't, by then you would have alot better armor than cloth, even ascendant cloth, and thats the point im trying to make, the cloth gear has a armor rating of about 100-130 for each item, that wouldn't suffice for a level 60 player, but as a player starting out it would, but as that player starting out you have no way of making it

Just now, Kraken said:

To answer your main question though, if you really want the fiber right now, your best bet is to tame a Moschops, they’re a passive tame and you’ll need either Mejoberries, Raw Prime Fish Meat, Cooked Prime Meat, Rare Flowers, or Rare Mushrooms to tame them, it’ll change to one of those every time it wants feeding. Put it on wander around bushes and it will gather loads of fiber.

Thank you, that i will do, i didnt realize it collects fiber on wonder

People use MC and Asc cloth in the hot biomes even at high levels...

The point myself and others are making is you dont seem to mind giving yourself a major advantage when starting over, yet you draw the line at creating items or giving yourself other bps. Thats a bit confusing. Cloth bps, quetz saddles, its still giving yourself a boost. Its not starting over. Its starting over with high level bps, giving yourself a huge advantage.

Archived