Mysterious Mysteries: Introducing ???????, ARK Digest 51, & Community Crunch 107!

Jen

8 hours ago, poozilla said:

You can with admin commands

They dont allow the megapithicus or the dragon just the mother and manticor lol and none of the attacks work or they just keep attacking heck id love to have kingkong on ragnarok......just feels right. Also im on console so alot of that doesn't work

I know y'all are busy with twitchcon this weekend and all that jazz but I pre-ordered Abberation in the hopes it would at least launch by my birthday. No solid release date is a bit irritating. Love ARK but sometimes.... -_-  Anyway, hope this gets dropped sooner rather than later. I understand if y'all can't. Would rather play something higher quality later than something low quality sooner... Just a 30-day release window... for all we know, it won't drop until Halloween... But... I digress.. Would love to play Abberation.

Well personally I hope they launch it very, very soon. After what seems an eternity XBOX can finally rent a server and host it - catch of course being a 30% increase in costs to host over the PC & PS4 counterparts. With this in mind WC really should launch Aberration prior to PC to XBOX launch on 25th October 2017, as servers are a little more costly and not everyone has the season pass it would grant players with limited funds options to decided what map to actually launch on their rental.  We have only had Ragnarok since the beginning of the month so switching maps right now may not be everyone's cup of tea. This coupled with a rather expensive new XBOX being released in literally 3 weeks time WC have selected a particularly expensive launch month for an expansion.  For the love of God, please read this WC and place the options of where our money is going directly with us the players - naturally us season pass holders with get the expansion anyway, but as not everyone in a community is in that position should we alienate them? We live in hope I suppose that WC have considered the players along with the other high profile launches (some of which involve ARK and others that do not). 

Well personally I hope they launch it very, very soon. After what seems an eternity XBOX can finally rent a server and host it - catch of course being a 30% increase in costs to host over the PC & PS4 counterparts. With this in mind WC really should launch Aberration prior to PC to XBOX launch on 25th October 2017, as servers are a little more costly and not everyone has the season pass it would grant players with limited funds options to decided what map to actually launch on their rental.  We have only had Ragnarok since the beginning of the month so switching maps right now may not be everyone's cup of tea. This coupled with a rather expensive new XBOX being released in literally 3 weeks time WC have selected a particularly expensive launch month for an expansion.  For the love of God, please read this WC and place the options of where our money is going directly with us the players - naturally us season pass holders with get the expansion anyway, but as not everyone in a community is in that position should we alienate them? We live in hope I suppose that WC have considered the players along with the other high profile launches (some of which involve ARK and others that do not). 
So you want a delay? DILO

I am pretty annoyed with WildCard. If you couldn't even get a release date ready then why  advertise the expansion at alll yet? I also think it was pretty tasteless to release a game late, and then immediately release a trailer for  an addon to the game that isn't  really completed yet. Ragnarok STILL isnt complete. DILO. Why did you release it in July for people to play on if you were ganna take so many more months to even complete the map? The bugs aren't even worked out on what parts of the map there is! I hope your way of doing things does not become the new gaming industry standard. I don't care whose fault it is, but your team that releases information jumps the gun way too much. I don't care about these mysterious dossier entries. I just want to know when the game addons will be a reality, and when Ragnarok is going to be COMPLETE. Please stop releasing things way too early. You don't seem to understand your projected dates and your teams abiliity to make those dates. Infact if you think something will be done by a certain time go ahead and tak on an extra two months so you can get your crap together and be ready before that date. I will not be suggesting your games to my friends anymore, because quite frankly you have disappointed everyone I have brought to them. The bugs, the connection issues, the lack of real information, the lack of strict information and dates, and the lack of community has made it nearly imposssible for me to bring people to this game.

On 10/14/2017 at 9:50 AM, Marcchillin said:

So we get to see pictures of Fear Evolved content and mention of the dev team traveling off somewhere with no clue if there is going to be any of the promised content from last year.

Seriously WC just give a release date for the DLC if your going to leave us high and dry this year with the Fear Evolved.

And I honestly expected better of WC, but to see the crew flying off the 20th with no word on the event or release date just ticks me off. Feels just like the big F U from last year.

Thanks WC your the best! (At lowering our expectations!)

I wish I could upvote this comment... I feel very deceived because Wildcard made it out to seem like they gave a poop about Fear Evolved and Raptor Claus. I will also take everything in the Q&A with a grain of salt, because they've outright lied in the Q&A before (Go look at the old Q&A's, many "yes we're going to add that" with no mention or no inclusion on the subject afterwards)

I really do hope all the missed events means that Wildcard has been spending this time optimising so that a 6gb GTX 1060 can manage a stable 30 frames in 1440p resolution. This game has the worst optimization I've seen. ARK is the only game I own that doesn't run well in 1440p. The fact that the XB 1 X is only doing 30 FPS/1440p @ 'High' pc equivalent settings is proof of that.  30 FPS is terrible -borderline unplayable- and when it comes to ARK, 30 FPS locked is going to have dips into the low 20's in populated bases and in areas with lots of dinos.  How is this acceptable? 

Edited by ShawnWolf

On ‎08‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 10:47 AM, F1nchyStryd3r said:

@Jatheish @Jen @Jeremy Stieglitz

Can we have a release date? Instead of just Oct 2017!!!!

Or is it going to be delayed like everything else?????

On ‎17‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 1:12 PM, GP said:

Plenty of time still. Lots can happen in 14 days.

Heard it was delayed, what a surprise. See, "I told you so"

TBA would have been a much better time frame 

Dissapointed but not surprised, it is Wildcard after all, get your fingers out and release something on TIME!!!!!

I HAVE 2 IDEAS THAT YOU MAY WANT TO CONSIDER:

I saw in the digest some "on the go" items, and, I thought that a cheaper, hide and fiber bandage would be useful for early game people who don't want to carry lots of meat and don't have healing brews. They can be light, and restore some health slowly over time. 

AND MY FAVORITE: GAGS

It would be cool and hilarious to add a cheap, hide, fiber (and thatch or even arrows if you are feeling cruel) gags to be used on multiplayer servers. They could be a thick pad tied over the mouth, or just a good old ball of cloth stuffed in the mouth. You could put them in a sleeping player's mouth, and, either distort what the player says, or just add a generic "MMFFFFF!! MMMFFFFFFFF!!!!!!" whenever the player talks. There are already handcuffs and a cage, and I think a gag would just add a great finishing touch. Would take care of loudly swearing squeakers if you are holding them hostage. I hope you consider the ideas!

("Squeaker" is defined very well at theurbandictionary.com:D)

18 hours ago, BAGGINS said:

I HAVE 2 IDEAS THAT YOU MAY WANT TO CONSIDER:

I saw in the digest some "on the go" items, and, I thought that a cheaper, hide and fiber bandage would be useful for early game people who don't want to carry lots of meat and don't have healing brews. They can be light, and restore some health slowly over time. 

AND MY FAVORITE: GAGS

It would be cool and hilarious to add a cheap, hide, fiber (and thatch or even arrows if you are feeling cruel) gags to be used on multiplayer servers. They could be a thick pad tied over the mouth, or just a good old ball of cloth stuffed in the mouth. You could put them in a sleeping player's mouth, and, either distort what the player says, or just add a generic "MMFFFFF!! MMMFFFFFFFF!!!!!!" whenever the player talks. There are already handcuffs and a cage, and I think a gag would just add a great finishing touch. Would take care of loudly swearing squeakers if you are holding them hostage. I hope you consider the ideas!

("Squeaker" is defined very well at theurbandictionary.com:D)

YES............YES..........OMG This would make life better i caged this kid he went in game chat and i heard every dirty word in the book wc PLZ. PLZ. Consider this.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...