Mysterious Mysteries: Introducing ???????, ARK Digest 51, & Community Crunch 107!

Jen

So we get to see pictures of Fear Evolved content and mention of the dev team traveling off somewhere with no clue if there is going to be any of the promised content from last year.

Seriously WC just give a release date for the DLC if your going to leave us high and dry this year with the Fear Evolved.

And I honestly expected better of WC, but to see the crew flying off the 20th with no word on the event or release date just ticks me off. Feels just like the big F U from last year.

Thanks WC your the best! (At lowering our expectations!)

• Like 1

rock drake will most usefull creacure/dino my bet is he will be tamed with meat  and will be aggresive & the saddle will be avalible at lvl65-85 and for 2 people. it will be aggresive just by the look you can say he will fight back, but you need get him into cage or use large bola because good luck when he will try run away. it will be immposible to find him at day because of his invisibility. and at night he will glow. and for stats well HP will be little low but not too low bacause of the size, stamina :Stamina:will be very low but may charge quickly, weight have to be quite large because the saddle is for 2 people,               the DMG :Melee_Damage:will be avrage,  the speed low on the ground but very fast in air, the special are invisibility & walking on all surface. the summary its fast travel dino mostly used for exploring and raiding, have a good one :Jerblove:

Question:

Right now the main difficulty of taming and raising dinosaurs is spending a large amount of time (from minutes to days), standing by the dino, all in one sitting. Depending on the exact creature you may be active periodically (to get food, or protect the dino), but even then, 90% of the experience often equates to not doing much while you wait for the timer to tick down.

Raising wyverns solo generally involves actually not letting yourself get a full night's sleep (need to feed it every three hours). Regular troughs don't even last a whole night on scorched earth servers (much less a whole night plus then a full working day before you get home and realize your babies have all starved): everything spoils, unless you've possibly got a tek trough.

Will there be a pass on these systems (taming and breeding) in the future to make the process more:

• exciting and active
  • less initially time consuming
  • more granular and able to be approached at player leisure
  • less constricted by things like fast spoilage

Couple questions...
1). Are you ever going to add a "Land" whistle command. It can be very hard to get back on fliers in general when they just hover and you have wild dinos after you and whistling "stop" doesn't make them land...

2). Will there ever be tribe level bans for dupers? For a while now official servers have been ruined by all the "alpha tribes" who are actively duping and it has to stop. Even if things like caps on the number of lights in the game are introduced these tribes are just going to keep looking for and actively exploiting duping and ultimately it seems like the only real solution is to ban the entire "alpha" tribe temporarily to set an example for everyone.

2). Are mods like automated ark ever going to be introduced to xbox/ps or implemented in some other way like tek tier? The ark turret genie for example would be a godsend.

3). Are there any plans to fix the lag created by resource harvesting ? At a glance It almost seems like an async or memory issue in your code and only seems to happen when the game has to count each resource being added individually rather then adding all the resources together in a lump sum. Bottomline it feels like the server have to wait for the calculation to continue before anything can happen and as a result the server lags or even sometimes freezes...

4). I play on xbox and use a mac so I haven't used the dev kit (yet) but as a web developer myself, I was wondering if you ever considered reworking the code for procedurally generated maps to work on individual biomes or regions to speed up rapid prototyping of new maps or even finishing up the desert on ragnarok?

On 10/14/2017 at 12:50 PM, Marcchillin said:

So we get to see pictures of Fear Evolved content and mention of the dev team traveling off somewhere with no clue if there is going to be any of the promised content from last year.

Seriously WC just give a release date for the DLC if your going to leave us high and dry this year with the Fear Evolved.

And I honestly expected better of WC, but to see the crew flying off the 20th with no word on the event or release date just ticks me off. Feels just like the big F U from last year.

Thanks WC your the best! (At lowering our expectations!)

Well they are traveling for Twitchcon...so there will be delays. There is also a hurricane heading to Irleand (hope everything stays okay) so part of their team will definitely be out of action for a month or two because of that (joking aside they always find themselves into some natural catastrophe anywhere around the world to justify delays). 

Hey wild card ive raved and rejoiced over ark. But im a console guy. So on a legitimate lvl.... Could u at least make it to where u can summon evrythng even the boss' as summoned creatures at least for server owners cause we could really use the diversity. With out the mods things revert to is just watching ark instead of playin. But it all soumds great wildcard keep it up

I have a question in regards to CrossPlay which hasn't been answered before from what I saw. When it becomes available, will you also enable the ability to transfer the server configuration and data files from Xbox One to PC and visa versa? Many people are hosting a second xbox one right now, and will feel a lot more comfortable setting it up as a dedicated PC server, and it is going to suck if you have to start over again because all your config and data files have to remain on the xbox one. Even if it's just a one-time transfer that you allow, it would be beneficial! Then we could easily setup backups on the PC, since you can't back up your server on the xbox one.

Can you please reduce the damage an alpha leeds does.  My leedsycthis killer boat got wiped with a hit from 2 alpha leeds at same time in same spot.  This whole hate thing for people who use boats has gone on long enough.  For many a boat is their base.  Especially when pullers are everywhere on pve.  I miss the open sea.  I dont miss remaking a boat and grinding to never get anywhere in the game.  The leedsycthis is way too much.  At least make the sunken foundations protect it.  Even sarcos attack boats. But not 2 chomp it.  Ruining our experience.  Please make this desperately needed change.

• Like 1

@Jeremy Stieglitz small question concerning the main dino tlc pass. Will it affect the legacy dinos in the same way it did with the sabertooth (attacks, visuals, animation, etc.) And will things as far as the terror bird be affected by it. I've always loved them but to be fair they could be a little bit more rare, be a little larger, have a crown of feathers and just be all around like their real life fossil counterparts. 

17 hours ago, Darkprince388 said:

Can you please reduce the damage an alpha leeds does.  My leedsycthis killer boat got wiped with a hit from 2 alpha leeds at same time in same spot.  This whole hate thing for people who use boats has gone on long enough.  For many a boat is their base.  Especially when pullers are everywhere on pve.  I miss the open sea.  I dont miss remaking a boat and grinding to never get anywhere in the game.  The leedsycthis is way too much.  At least make the sunken foundations protect it.  Even sarcos attack boats. But not 2 chomp it.  Ruining our experience.  Please make this desperately needed change.

this 

On Sunday, October 15, 2017 at 10:29 PM, XDrakoDrakanx said:

Hey wild card ive raved and rejoiced over ark. But im a console guy. So on a legitimate lvl.... Could u at least make it to where u can summon evrythng even the boss' as summoned creatures at least for server owners cause we could really use the diversity. With out the mods things revert to is just watching ark instead of playin. But it all soumds great wildcard keep it up

You can with admin commands