Why no 2x raising?

l4m3r

2x breeding isn't the problem,

all tribes wanting 100+ egg laying dinos and 50+ dodos for taming/imprinting/pig kibble is the problem.

Kibble changes desperately needed to cut down on the need to build massive bases to house all these useless dinos that do nothing but stand around and passively lay eggs.

The server performance will improve dramatically.

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What is the deal with all these bogus x2 weekends? jsut because some servers are already at max dino cap the rest of us have to suffer? im in college and work two jobs to put myself through school. the weekends are the only time i am able to get on here and i dont have time to do what i sued to love about this game. It's a shame that you guys took it away the past x2 breeding if somebody at WC could reply to this and let me know if this is temporary until a few more servers go up? 

9 hours ago, l4m3r said:

yeah because last 10 weekends was 2x breeding(exept last) so what the officals say? Go back to your hole where you come from...

x2 is not a guaranteed thing every weekend, and neither is what the have been calling x2+ (Breeding x2) . They usually only do it during announcements and special updates. That's why some weekends when nothing changes or is mentioned there is no x2. (PS you are already playing x2 the rates that I was when I started ^_- ) 

21 minutes ago, RaiderofthelostARK said:

:(    i guess taking away x2 is a way for them to help with servers having too many dinos...such a sad way to bandaid an issue.

You know it was never and is not supposed to be x2 anything every weekend right? 

Does anyone actually read their updates and posts anymore? SHM 

1 minute ago, Rancor said:

You know it was never and is not supposed to be x2 anything every weekend right? 

Does anyone actually read their updates and posts anymore? SHM 

There doing this for 2 reasons. 

1. Less players on the servers = less lag. 

2. Assisting the server cap issues which In hand causes base lag.

Also for as long as I can remember it's been x2 breeding for months. It's a bandaid someone shot at them and they put it on.

My 2 cents after raising many dinos on legacy without the 2x you are all whining about all while working a full time job and a side business.  Manage your time better, none of the larger babies require constant attention like you sitting at their side feeding them the whole time.  Past a certain point they carry enough that you can leave or do other tasks in your base, you know good old fashioned multi-tasking!  Like Rancor said they baby system is not meant for everyone to easily have fully imprinted stat mutated super dinos, only those with the most dedication, time management or just extra free time will achieve that.

8 minutes ago, charles06 said:

Last week we had 2x harvesting, and taming and I was hoping for 2x raising so I could hatch my Giga egg but it's not so I'm not complaining about the harvesting I was just looking forward for 2x raising so it would be as bad raising the Giga...

we have had 2x everything for the past month so i wasn't expecting it it has been on the main form for a few days now 

It wasn't 2x raising last week or this week. I work at least 40hrs a week and wasn't trying to stick my tribe with doing majority of the feeding while I was at work. But trust and believe I'm not going to complain about the 2x harvesting cause I can get some good metal things built now like my speed boat and some turrets built

1 hour ago, RaiderofthelostARK said:

There doing this for 2 reasons. 

1. Less players on the servers = less lag. 

2. Assisting the server cap issues which In hand causes base lag.

Also for as long as I can remember it's been x2 breeding for months. It's a bandaid someone shot at them and they put it on.

Only since they have "Officially" launched, but a recent Q&A about it in the Digest Jeremy was saying they are supposed to be for special occasions and updates. 

x2 Does increase lag as more players only play then or for more hours.

And server cap only is an issue on highly populated PvE servers which should force players into deciding what tames to clear out instead of hording every last one. 

But I love hoarding my dinos and i must for kibble farms lol  but really breeding is broke af. The therizino received a nerf awhile back....if it was nerfed why wasn't it's mature rate nerfed? The giga received at least 3 nerfs....it doesnt make sense anymore. Did wc come up with breeding or was it a mod 1st?

• Honestly I could and would be happy with it being 2x raising maybe 2x a month or at least 1 time a month not every weekend because it doesn't make it as fun. The 2x harvesting is a great thing though but it does need to be a special occasion. That's what make the game interesting. PS I'm trying to hatch a baby Giga and since it's frowned upon to not have a troth for them to eat out of. Why isn't this a thing???

Honestly would love it if they just made x2 (technically x4) for gathering and taming and x2 for breeding permanently on PvP servers.

Why only PvP servers? because they're designed to flow from bases/structures being built, to being destroyed. Same with tames, even though they die on PvE just as often but obviously not more than on PvP servers. We lost 185 tames in one night a few months ago. 9_9

12 hours ago, Victor117 said:

Changes made during prerelease don't count this is something some legacy players such as yourself need to understand ,we are playing on 1x from launch so please stop refering to it as 2x ,ty. 

Ouch. Words from someone who never had to play on original harder rates begging for it to be easier still. 

In all reality though, 4X original rate weekends are OP. There is a reason they stopped it. PVE guys capped their servers on tames and no one can tame anymore.

So. Maybe the PVE guys should stop taming dodos to slot cap the dino count for their own benefit.

It's a thing. A couple of friends went and played PVE while us hardier types secured our base on PVP. They were done after three weeks and having a small base and a few kibble dinos, server cap had been hit

And the talk in chat was about a group of allied tribes who did nothing but tame dodos and try to sell dino tame slots to other PVE tribes.

PVE guys did this to themselves. 

No one else. And all of the screaming about no longer having breeding 2X events? 

It's WildCards version of slowing tame dino population growth.

And works about as well as upload timers stopping duping from happening as any player on a PVE server can break dino slot cap by downloading tames from a different server, further increasing the overage of Too Many Tames On This Ark.

I like 2X breeding. It is nice for some of the more ridiculously long baby times of the end game dinos.

But then, we are not trying to slot cap the server with tame dodos to stop others from taming or raising babies.

Food for thought.

Archived