Why no 2x raising?

l4m3r

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, Vrallox said:

If those tweets from the people of Wildcard are accurate then 2x breeding is active.

And my official server started hitting the tame cap a few months after the very first evolution event. We adjusted and stopped hitting it so often.

What do you mean adjusted?  And legacy I’m assuming since you said a few months?

14 minutes ago, flamron said:

What do you mean adjusted?  And legacy I’m assuming since you said a few months?

Yeah. It's a legacy server. The majority of regulars cut our numbers down a bit. A few of us started culling an animal for every animal we tamed or bred. As established tribes, having a lot of each kibble isn't exactly necessary. Especially for animals that have no real use outside of providing eggs. If the only thing the kibble tames is a mammal that isn't useful then there's no point in having many eggers for it.

For most I just have a male and female. I still get plenty of eggs. I breed a few animals so I keep up to 1 male and 2-4 females for the required kibbles to tame new ones.

All that allows us to make use of the 2x breeding events and not have to worry about hitting the tame cap most of the time. It's really only refugees from other servers that have caused some hiccups.

That's why breeding events should continue. If you're hitting the tame cap then maybe rethink your egg farms.

On 10/13/2017 at 6:26 AM, Anarki said:

Ill be honest, if we had 2x and 3x taming every weekend - the server cap would be reached too quickly and people wouldnt be able to tame/hatch anymore dinos. 

Through the week, the game should be normal settings and on occasions only, there should be an event.

I have 15 Ptera eggs ready to hatch (would love to this weekend) and obviously I'd like a 2x event but it would also take away the longevity of my game. 

Its a difficult one - in my opinion, but I wouldnt raise a thread especially 2x events - if that is what you want on a more regular basis, perhaps officials arent for you?

dont blame that on the 2x breeding.....blame that on the stupid egg farm / kibble system the devs have in place. 80% of my dinos are useless and only to get eggs because you know....you must have kibble. Mostly because we all want that perfect dino but it saves so much damn time because again we all love these damn PVE/PVP official server timers they have in place which make you lose sleep. If they adjusted the kibble system it would free up 80% of the space and stress on the PVE and PVP servers.

12 minutes ago, Vrallox said:

Yeah. It's a legacy server. The majority of regulars cut our numbers down a bit. A few of us started culling an animal for every animal we tamed or bred. As established tribes, having a lot of each kibble isn't exactly necessary. Especially for animals that have no real use outside of providing eggs. If the only thing the kibble tames is a mammal that isn't useful then there's no point in having many eggers for it.

For most I just have a male and female. I still get plenty of eggs. I breed a few animals so I keep up to 1 male and 2-4 females for the required kibbles to tame new ones.

All that allows us to make use of the 2x breeding events and not have to worry about hitting the tame cap most of the time. It's really only refugees from other servers that have caused some hiccups.

That's why breeding events should continue. If you're hitting the tame cap then maybe rethink your egg farms.

I’ll let the other 87 people on the server know they need to kill dinos. Hopefully it goes well. 

6 hours ago, flamron said:

This is why 2x isn’t a good idea I suppose. Official server 33 has hit tame limit. 

F09E125D-8A95-4E65-825A-45BAD8D03FDB.jpeg

Just play PVP  Problem Solved... Or on own Sever... 1x breeding change only the time you hit the limit but 1 week earyler and 1 week later that makes the diffrent?

And thx for 2x breeding Weekend again!

7 hours ago, l4m3r said:

Just play PVP  Problem Solved... Or on own Sever... 1x breeding change only the time you hit the limit but 1 week earyler and 1 week later that makes the diffrent?

And thx for 2x breeding Weekend again!

No thanks. I’d like to play the style of my choice, and prefer to play with more than 10-20 people that would be on a dedicated server that could be shut down or wiped at any time. Great closed mindedness though. Way to really ignore the problem and push the blame back on the players. 

What we needed was more than 10 servers initially for ragnarok. And what we need now is more than 29 servers for ragnarok. Turns out when you put 100+ people on a server, it might fill up really fast. But now that people are built up (because they play when they can because servers are constantly full), they aren’t moving to any new servers. All the work they’ve done isn’t worth it. 

29 minutes ago, flamron said:

No thanks. I’d like to play the style of my choice, and prefer to play with more than 10-20 people that would be on a dedicated server that could be shut down or wiped at any time. Great closed mindedness though. Way to really ignore the problem and push the blame back on the players. 

What we needed was more than 10 servers initially for ragnarok. And what we need now is more than 29 servers for ragnarok. Turns out when you put 100+ people on a server, it might fill up really fast. But now that people are built up (because they play when they can because servers are constantly full), they aren’t moving to any new servers. All the work they’ve done isn’t worth it. 

You dont get the point more Sever means only you push the wall (the dinolimit ) to another Date you can play in style what you want but you have to live with the consequenzes of your choises which mean in this matter there will be a Date when your Sever reach the Taming limit no matter if 2x breeding kibble rework or somthing else its just push the Problem to the next Day and this is why is say no Offical PVe because Game not work well in this Mod (look at all the other Problems)

The problem is servers. We played for six months and never hit tame limit on our legacy server. Granted, it only worked 3-4 days a week because of duping or lag. But it was fine. Wildcard owns this problem. I’m a consumer, and I won’t be making any concessions to the way I consume this product.

Some people like you may be happy to settle, and that’s fine that you have lower standards than some in regard to playability. But I’ve purchased the game with a specific goal of raising, breeding, building and trading, which it offers completely on official servers, and advertises. 

Stop making this about the game mode and look at the bigger picture. My guess is that PVP will become unplayable in the near future as well as large mega tribes dominate servers and run their tame count through the roof. I’m sure you won’t complain then though, as you’ll merely move to single player and continue to enjoy your game play. 

Archived